Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3171170 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #795 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:51 am »
Fat Tire is on prominent display now at my local CVS in Springfield.

In the large-ish craft brewery category, Sierra Nevada and Deschutes kick New Begium's ass. Hope Deschutes eventually makes it here.

In places where it has been around a while, Fat Tire is the type of beer that's typically sold in gas stations and 7-11's.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:50:19 am by James Ford »

Yada

« Reply #796 on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:11 am »
Fat Tire is on prominent display now at my local CVS in Springfield.

In the large-ish craft brewery category, Sierra Nevada and Deschutes kick New Begium's ass. Hope Deschutes eventually makes it here.

In places where it has been around a while, Fat Tire is the type of beer that's typically sold in gas stations and 7-11's.

Fun fact... dated the manager of Deschute's daughter about 9 years ago and she used to ship me cases of Mirror Pond Pale Ale.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #797 on: November 15, 2011, 11:44:36 am »
I'll take a Sierra or Dales over Fat Tire any day.. its not even a contest...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:27:54 pm by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #798 on: November 15, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »

slappy

« Reply #799 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:51 pm »
can't get into the fat tire beer...don't know what people see in it. to me it tastes like crap but its the rage now...

i'm with you.  i don't hate it, it's certainly better than the crap that most people drink, but it's nothing to get excited about.  i think its current popularity has to do with its newness and former rarity.  they only started selling it here this year.

Exactly, it's the Coors effect ... minus Smokey and the Bandit.
http://boingboing.net/2010/11/30/how-the-bandit-coors.html

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #800 on: November 15, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »
Beer distribution by brewery and state:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap6d1DIcENXqdHgwd3ZNeTJBellDWFpuQTRKR0FiekE&hl=en#gid=0

Thanks!  This is awesome!  My annual xmas gift from California based relatives is a bunch of bombers that don't ship to Maryland.  Now I know exactly what to ask for :)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #801 on: November 15, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #802 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:21 pm »
I think I figured out why I don't pay as much attention to this thread as the rest of you.  It's just not hard to get beers out here...

I hosted for the Oregon-Stanford game and all the Oregon folks brought microbrews.  I was left with:

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
21st Amendment Back in Black IPA
Widmer Lemongrass Wheat Ale
Widmer Falconer IPA
Ninkasi something or other....

And that's not even listing what was finished - that's just what was left in my fridge.

I also live a block from this place: Toronado, though they never have the High Life, but plenty of bad moustaches and plaid.

27>34

hutch

« Reply #803 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »
I think I figured out why I don't pay as much attention to this thread as the rest of you.  It's just not hard to get beers out here...

I hosted for the Oregon-Stanford game and all the Oregon folks brought microbrews.  I was left with:

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
Widmer Falconer IPA

And that's not even listing what was finished - that's just what was left in my fridge.

I also live a block from this place: Toronado, though they never have the High Life, but plenty of bad moustaches and plaid.

darn dems some nice friends

Yada

« Reply #804 on: November 15, 2011, 03:58:58 pm »

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
Widmer Falconer IPA

Wait, people post on this board that don't live in a close proximity to DC??

**head explodes**

I have to agree though, northern cali and oregon produce some of zeeee best beer ever.

James Ford

« Reply #805 on: November 15, 2011, 04:20:21 pm »
The middle three are all pretty mediocre.  ;)

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
Widmer Falconer IPA

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
i know what i want for christmas

vansmack

« Reply #807 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »

I have no idea - I drank wine...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
Widmer Falconer IPA

what james said.  the beers that get people in a tizzy here - founders, bells, troegs, trappist ales, etc - would still be rare/noteworthy in your little corner of the world.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #809 on: November 15, 2011, 04:46:57 pm »
had a founders breakfast stout on tap at Iron Horse last night, pretty great, but probably not the best choice after a bunch of budweisers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:48:50 pm by HoyaSaxa03 »
(o|o)