Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3222784 times)

K8teebug

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9390 on: July 22, 2019, 02:10:40 pm »
Anyone else going to the Union anniversary party on Saturday?

Is Aslin really that good?

Space Freely

« Reply #9391 on: July 22, 2019, 02:43:28 pm »

Yes.

I've visited 211 brewery taprooms around the country and the world, and I'd say Aslin holds their own or (mostly) exceeds against any of the other 210.

K8teebug

« Reply #9392 on: July 22, 2019, 02:50:29 pm »

Yes.

I've visited 211 brewery taprooms around the country and the world, and I'd say Aslin holds their own or (mostly) exceeds against any of the other 210.

Nice. Good to know it is worth the drive for us :)

Space Freely

« Reply #9393 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:27 pm »

Yes.

Are you a fan of Sapwood Cellars? My wife really loved their hoppy beers, but she'd choose Aslin over them in a heartbeat.

« Reply #9394 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:06 pm »
Hmmm wonder how HR would think of this...but I want the shirt of course

The Veil Brewing co
We're coming back Saturday, August 10th, 11am-8p for a draft and can pop-up! We're doing a pop-up can release at the The Bruery Store at Union Market with even more cans than last time and pouring new draft at Dock 5 (near the Union Market). We also will be bringing back our shirts and glassware in possible different color wayz 🤗⠀
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #9395 on: July 22, 2019, 04:19:11 pm »

Yes.

Are you a fan of Sapwood Cellars? My wife really loved their hoppy beers, but she'd choose Aslin over them in a heartbeat.

I still haven't been there! There's no excuse as I drive past it almost every day on my way to workout. Good to know. My favorite beer ever is Cloudburst Brewery (and that's a pretty far plane ride away).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9396 on: July 22, 2019, 05:07:37 pm »
had some friends of friends drop by our place on sunday to go hiking with us.  turns out the couple are beer nerds, heard that i was a beer nerd, and brought some goodies.  after our hike (legs still sore today), we decided to go soak in the river, and given the rough trek through the woods to get there we decided to leave the fancy beers in the fridge for proper enjoyment later.  stayed by the river for much longer than expected on account of the fun being had.  when we rolled back up to the house it was time for them to leave and they said i should keep the beers.  waved them off, then checked the fridge: a 2014 Dark Lord, along with a 2016 BCBS.

if i got to try DL at boardee bottle-share from back in the day, i don't remember it.  damn psyched to get to try it (again?).
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #9397 on: July 22, 2019, 09:09:48 pm »
had some friends of friends drop by our place on sunday to go hiking with us.  turns out the couple are beer nerds, heard that i was a beer nerd, and brought some goodies.  after our hike (legs still sore today), we decided to go soak in the river, and given the rough trek through the woods to get there we decided to leave the fancy beers in the fridge for proper enjoyment later.  stayed by the river for much longer than expected on account of the fun being had.  when we rolled back up to the house it was time for them to leave and they said i should keep the beers.  waved them off, then checked the fridge: a 2014 Dark Lord, along with a 2016 BCBS.

if i got to try DL at boardee bottle-share from back in the day, i don't remember it.  damn psyched to get to try it (again?).

your story, took me there . . . even if, for fleeting moments.

Space Freely

« Reply #9398 on: July 23, 2019, 08:25:14 am »

I thought nudity was going to happen at any moment, then I remembered I was in the beer thread.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9399 on: July 23, 2019, 01:01:25 pm »

I thought nudity was going to happen at any moment, then I remembered I was in the beer thread.

well you're not too far off... if it's just me and the family, we swim nakid.  zero chance anyone can see us.  but this was our first time meeting this couple, pretty sure that skinny-dipping would have been a bit much for a first encounter.  there is always next time.

come to think of it, the kids were naked.  so i guess there was some nudity.  and beer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:15:53 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #9400 on: July 23, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »
great . . . way to bring the thread, to a screeching halt. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9401 on: July 23, 2019, 01:55:33 pm »
to think of it, the kids were naked. 
Goddamnit, now we're all on a list somewhere.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9402 on: July 24, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »
GABF
Denver, CO
Oct 3-5, 2019
Member-only presale for the Great American Beer Festival on Tuesday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. MT.

i have a presale code which allows you to get tix to the members-only saturday session.  ping me if you want it.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #9403 on: July 24, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »
We'll be in Denver and Colorado this weekend and next week. Have a pretty awesome brewery and hiking lineup planned. Rockies/Dodgers game too. My daughter is going to hate it.

vansmack

« Reply #9404 on: July 24, 2019, 04:42:38 pm »
We'll be in Denver and Colorado this weekend and next week.

Let me know if you're ever in Denver but NOT also in Colorado.  Would love to know how you pulled that off....
27>34