Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183220 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #930 on: December 27, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »
wow, your relatives must me way richer than mine.  :o

Courtesy of my wine-drinking Napa Valley relatives, my 2011 xmas gift/beer haul included:

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale
North Coast Brother Thelonius
North Coast Old Rasputin
Hair of the Dog - Fred
Bear Republic Racer 5
Anderson Valley - Brother David's Triple
and and and...
3 bottles of Pliny the Elder!

James Ford

« Reply #931 on: December 30, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »
knock yourself out...but don't drive home

Trappistes Rochefort 10 11.3% | Alvinne Oak AGEd Melchior 11.5% | Keagan ales Super kitty 12% | De Dolle Stille Nacht 12% |Avery Mephistopheles 16.83% | Dogfish head 120 minute IPA 18%.
$65 each, all inclusive, Georgetown, Thursday, January 19.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #932 on: December 30, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »
Picked up some Lagunitas Sucks at Quench last night - verrrrrry nice!  (BTW they only got 1 case, so get it if you're gonna!)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #933 on: December 30, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »
found a beer shoppee having a wonderful twenty percent off sale, so i got some final buys before the end of the year . . . yeah, pictures

James Ford

« Reply #934 on: December 30, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »
I know a location that has more. I still have nine bottles left (plus a million other bottles). Fighting the urge to grab another six pack by telling myself that Hopslam will be here in a few weeks (though Lagunitas Sucks is half the price).

Picked up some Lagunitas Sucks at Quench last night - verrrrrry nice!  (BTW they only got 1 case, so get it if you're gonna!)

redsock

« Reply #935 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »
found a beer shoppee having a wonderful twenty percent off sale, so i got some final buys before the end of the year . . . yeah, pictures

I really like Palm. It is a very drinkable, not super alcohol beer, that feels like there is more to it. It can be a little pricey in some places, especially considering it is not a prime European beer, but more and more places have it on draft, which is nice. Sometimes nice and easy is good, especially if you plan to drink three or more...

Yada

« Reply #936 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:27 am »
Picked up a case of the Suck at the Perfect Pour last week. They had multiple cases...

On a separate note, that store made me blow a load in my pants. Definitely over priced though...

K8teebug

« Reply #937 on: January 03, 2012, 12:05:45 pm »
Picked up a case of the Suck at the Perfect Pour last week. They had multiple cases...

On a separate note, that store made me blow a load in my pants. Definitely over priced though...

Beer Disneyland!  Love that place.  Don't mind paying an extra buck for the stuff I can't find anywhere else!

Yada

« Reply #938 on: January 03, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »

Beer Disneyland!  Love that place.  Don't mind paying an extra buck for the stuff I can't find anywhere else!

$1 or $2 are fine, but items like the Pearl Jam Dogfish head were nearly double the price.

James Ford

« Reply #939 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:55 pm »
The highlight of my beer filled weekend was trying Firestone Walker's Parabola for the first time on draft at Fairfax Whole Foods. I think the keg lasted maybe three hours, so glad i got some!

It's a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. My wife liked it better than Founders KBS. I won't go that far, but it was quite good.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #940 on: January 03, 2012, 01:35:05 pm »
Love their Double Jack IPA.  Nobody seems to talk about it but it's awfully good, IMO.

James Ford

« Reply #941 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:43 pm »
They had the Double Jack on draft as well. $3.99 for a 12 oz pour. We split one of those too.  ;D Indeed it is awfully good.

Didn't mention it because they always seem to have it on draft. The Parabola was special.

The Union Jack aint too shabby either.  ;)

Love their Double Jack IPA.  Nobody seems to talk about it but it's awfully good, IMO.

James Ford

« Reply #942 on: January 04, 2012, 02:48:45 pm »
Does anybody know of any Monday happy hours that feature craft beer and food in DC?

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #943 on: January 04, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »
For the fourth year in a row I will be headed here this weekend:  http://bigbeersfestival.com/

Strong ales at 8150ft.  Oh yes.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #944 on: January 04, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »
Does anybody know of any Monday happy hours that feature craft beer and food in DC?

not sure if this is good but here, try this:

http://www.dchappyhours.com/

see . . . i can be nice, but only to james and only about beer.