Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181101 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #945 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:20 pm »
are there any noteworthy craft beers or bars/pubs i should seek out while in dallas?
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #946 on: January 04, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »
ok ok . . . i'll be nice to you too

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/31

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #947 on: January 04, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #948 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:55 pm »
ok ok . . . i'll be nice to you too

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/31

teh awwz... thx.  i stumbled across that and http://www.realbeer.com/destinations/dallas/index.php.  based on those, i might eventually hit up the flying saucer, meddlesome moth, the ginger man and/or strangeways.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #949 on: January 04, 2012, 09:26:23 pm »
I hit up ginger man when I was in Dallas last month.  Lots of taps so you're bound to find something decent.

James Ford

« Reply #950 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:49 am »
Saw that but it wasn't very helpful. Was hoping somebody would have some other ideas.

Has anyody been to Smoke and Barrel? For a BBQ place, they appear to have some good vegetarian options, and an excellent draft list (and cans but not bottles, what's up with that?) If so, is the food any good? Is it more nice restaurant (like ChurchKey) or dive bar (like Big Hunt)?

Does anybody know of any Monday happy hours that feature craft beer and food in DC?

not sure if this is good but here, try this:

http://www.dchappyhours.com/

see . . . i can be nice, but only to james and only about beer.

Yada

« Reply #951 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:13 am »
I don't know if this is the proper thread, but I went to the Hamilton last night.

Can you say, meh?????? I won't return unless it's for drinks only. It's basically a goliath Old Ebitts and Clydes thrown together that can't seem to figure out what kind of identity they're going for.

I unfortunately didn't get to check out the area where shows will take place.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #952 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:58 am »
james . . . for some reason in the beer world, cans are now hip.  cans are shit, and nothing else.

James Ford

« Reply #953 on: January 05, 2012, 10:56:30 am »
To me it really doesn't matter whether it comes in a can or a bottle since it's going in the proper (or at least as close the the proper as my glass collection can get) glassware before I drink it anyway.

I haven't had any taste issues with canned beer that were caused by cans. And aren't cans better in terms of preserving the beer better anyway?

james . . . for some reason in the beer world, cans are now hip.  cans are shit, and nothing else.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #954 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:55 am »
it might just be me . . . but i have always thought beer tastes better in glass.  beers in cans only are good in one situation.  small coolers for kayaking.

James Ford

« Reply #955 on: January 05, 2012, 11:25:39 am »
Does this mean you can't buy a case of beer in DC or MD (or anywhere) and bring it home to VA?

Importing Alcoholic Beverages
No more than one gallon of alcoholic beverages (or the metric equivalent) may be brought into Virginia from outside the Commonwealth, excepting shipments to the commission or its licensees, or new residents under special permits.

Anyone who transports more than such quantity of alcoholic beverages per adult in possession of the bonafide owner may be arrested, fined up to $2,500, and sentenced to a year in jail. In addition, the vehicle involved may be impounded and confiscated.

Alcoholic beverages includes wine, beer, or distilled spirits. This restriction applies not only to those alcoholic beverages brought into Virginia from other states or the District of Columbia, but also from defense installations.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #956 on: January 06, 2012, 12:28:59 pm »
it is here

James Ford

« Reply #957 on: January 06, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »
still have three of my four from last year. good stuff, we'll get around to drinking it at some point!

it is here

Yada

« Reply #958 on: January 06, 2012, 01:01:54 pm »
James, I wonder how many of your beers are spoiled?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #959 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:21 pm »
Elbow to launch their own beer
Build a Rocket Boys!, named after the band's most recent album, boasts a 'rounded body, smooth bitterness and fruity aroma'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/13/elbow-launch-own-beer
<sig>