Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181909 times)

walk,on,by

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6060 on: November 27, 2015, 08:02:03 pm »
Aww, relaxer, made a little doggie face. Omg, it's so cute. Awwww. 

« Reply #6061 on: November 27, 2015, 11:33:15 pm »
So thinking going 2.5-3 Gallon batches
wanted a little advice on what I'll need to keep with all-grain and still stay small (sq ft wise)
all recipes can just scale down

5 Gallon pot 
3 Gallon Carboy
Longer racking cane

Do I need to get the 5 Gallon igloo mash tun

As right now I fit the 1 gal batches of grain in this 10" Double Mesh Strainer and just pour the 170 water through twice(but it's kind of a pain)
but won't be able to do that with 3 x the grain
so unless I do extract or BIAB... I need to get a Mash Tun?

Also should the 5 gallon pot have a spigot?
Is that worth it?

I really never make it to a secondary fermenter.
Other than making it clearer, am I missing a whole lot in the final product?

Just came across the Party Pig
Seems like a nice way to age and also have a brew or two in the fridge with out the need of a co2 tank and tap in a  mini fridge
Gotta spend $5 each time for the pressure bag, but save hour or so on the bottling end.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:20:26 am by 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #6062 on: November 28, 2015, 04:41:15 am »
Got myself a few bottles of Bourbon County Stout. Total Wine Chantilly had a line of 40-50 people to get in. Whole Foods didn't have any yet but I did enjoy a 5oz pour of Rodenbach Caractere Rouge and Millstone Sour Kriek Cider. Both were wonderful. Wegman's in Fairfax had it behind the counter.

That's my Black Friday.

Did they have Coffee at Wegman's or just the Regular?

Just regular. Total Wine Chantilly got the coffee one but only 2 cases and it went lightning fast. I got a barleywine though. Sold out right after I got mine.

Space Freely

« Reply #6063 on: November 28, 2015, 11:25:23 am »
Got myself a few bottles of Bourbon County Stout. Total Wine Chantilly had a line of 40-50 people to get in. Whole Foods didn't have any yet but I did enjoy a 5oz pour of Rodenbach Caractere Rouge and Millstone Sour Kriek Cider. Both were wonderful. Wegman's in Fairfax had it behind the counter.

That's my Black Friday.

Did they have Coffee at Wegman's or just the Regular?

Just regular. Total Wine Chantilly got the coffee one but only 2 cases and it went lightning fast. I got a barleywine though. Sold out right after I got mine.

My wants were limited to scoring a couple of bottles of Coffee. I went to three Total Wines, all within 20 minutes of each other, starting at the time they simulataneously opened. After faling to get a single Coffee, I grabbed a single Barleywine at the third store. That's it for me.

Did have a draft pour of Coffee 15 at Jack Rose's Wed night round 8:30. The Vanilla and Regal Rye had both kicked by that point.

So AB-Inbev got $22 from me this year for the bottle and the draft. That's a small fraction of what i pay for beer by independent breweries, so I don't feel too bad!

« Reply #6064 on: November 28, 2015, 05:08:33 pm »
I went to three Total Wines, all within 20 minutes of each other, starting at the time they simulataneously opened. After faling to get a single Coffee, I grabbed a single Barleywine at the third store. That's it for me.

So AB-Inbev got $22 from me this year for the bottle and the draft.
they got more than $22 from you if they had you running all round town with a disappointed look on your face
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #6065 on: November 29, 2015, 09:20:05 pm »
Man, that BC stout is damn good this year. I had half a bottle on its own then half with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream. Awesome.

Anyone go to that thing at Chruchkey? I would have loved to go if I wasn't at work. I have never had the Regal Rye or Vanilla or an aged previous year. I bet that place was packed...

Space Freely

« Reply #6066 on: November 29, 2015, 09:57:29 pm »
Man, that BC stout is damn good this year. I had half a bottle on its own then half with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream. Awesome.

Anyone go to that thing at Chruchkey? I would have loved to go if I wasn't at work. I have never had the Regal Rye or Vanilla or an aged previous year. I bet that place was packed...

First time they've made the Regal Rye...

« Reply #6067 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:06 am »
Just came across the Party Pig
Seems like a nice way to age and also have a brew or two in the fridge with out the need of a co2 tank and tap in a  mini fridge
Gotta spend $5 each time for the pressure bag, but save hour or so on the bottling end.

Well apparently these don't work that great...talked to the guy at Mylhbs and he said suck and he stopped selling them as you needed that $5 pressure bag and sometimes those were flakey

What about these 2.5 Gallon Mini Draft System from Midwest
I see people on HBT seem to like them

Although $170 is a little more than I want to spend right now to just avoid bottling
slack

« Reply #6068 on: December 01, 2015, 12:05:53 pm »
were there is a will there is a way
slack

Yada

« Reply #6069 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:24 pm »
Hey Guys, just because you're wearing your anti inbev badges with honor doesn't mean the beer ain't delicious!

Also, 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| , how is my 🍺 coming along?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:46:25 pm by Yada »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6070 on: December 01, 2015, 04:15:32 pm »
Hey Guys, just because you're wearing your anti inbev badges with honor doesn't mean the beer ain't delicious!

what InBev beer(s) are you referring to?  GI?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #6071 on: December 01, 2015, 04:29:27 pm »

what InBev beer(s) are you referring to?  GI?

I can't tell if your sarcasm hat is currently on or not? Bourbon County in particular.

« Reply #6072 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »

Also, 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| , how is my 🍺 coming along?
So just put a Imperial Stout in the fermenter Sunday...some serious yeast activity so far
should be a 8.0 ABV

should be ready for xmas
slack

« Reply #6073 on: December 01, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »
Sehkraft Brewing in Arlington opened this weekend...haven't gone yet, but they do have cool growlers
slack

Yada

« Reply #6074 on: December 01, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »
Sehkraft Brewing in Arlington opened this weekend...haven't gone yet, but they do have cool growlers

Nice.