Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181345 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6090 on: December 04, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »
most people genuinely want low-taste & low-cost lager.
FTFY

Then why not make a "killer" low taste/low cost lager? I'll be the first to admit I like shitty beer too, as long as it's shitty beer that's supposed to taste shitty; Budweiser, high life, rolling rock, etc... What's terrible is when people make beer that's supposed to taste good (7 locks) and it tastes worse than the previous mentioned beers.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:11:59 pm by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6091 on: December 04, 2015, 03:07:23 pm »
Killer low taste is like one of those jumbo shrimp things, no?

shemptiness

« Reply #6092 on: December 04, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »

medeski7

« Reply #6093 on: December 05, 2015, 08:55:27 am »
This year's bourbon county is quite good. I drank one and am cellaring another. I'd love to get more but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

fatskippy

« Reply #6094 on: December 05, 2015, 01:49:09 pm »
This year's bourbon county is quite good. I drank one and am cellaring another. I'd love to get more but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Theres a lot of it at Rodmans, $15 each though

medeski7

« Reply #6095 on: December 05, 2015, 03:31:56 pm »

Any idea if they have the coffee or the other varieties?

walk,on,by

« Reply #6096 on: December 05, 2015, 03:33:30 pm »
I feel pretty beer special.  in the last week, I have had a growler of founders harvest, founders backwoods b, got to try the dfh higher math on tap, got bottles of bourbon county for the first time ever.  got to try it on tap as well.  

now, I have access to the following drafts for my next growler:

goose island  bourbon county
founders  harvest ale
founders  backwoods bastard
devils backbone  pumpkin hunter
dfh  higher math
ballast pointe  habanero sculpin
cider works   malice
deshutes   jubelale
evil twin  moltov cocktail simcoe
hardywood  gingerbread stout
ballast pointe   calm before the storm
troegs  mad elf

fatskippy

« Reply #6097 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:52 am »

Any idea if they have the coffee or the other varieties?

No variants, they have stone xocoveza too, really liking that beer

Yada

« Reply #6098 on: December 07, 2015, 10:54:06 am »
We are so excited to announce a very special partnership between Tired Hands Brewing Company and our very own Neighborhood Restaurant Group in Washington, DC. Beginning as early as December 5th, we will be rolling out the outstanding ales and lagers of Tired Hands on draft exclusively at our DC locations, including Birch & Barley/ ChurchKey, GBD, The Partisan, Red Apron - Union Market and Iron Gate; upon opening, The Sovereign will also feature a number of drafts from Tired Hands!

Our friends Jean Broillet and his wife Julie Foster founded Tired
 Hands Brewing Company in 2011, crafting small batches of consistently exceptional ales out of their brewpub and cafe in Ardmore, PA. Just recently, they expanded to open Fermentaria, a production brewery and restaurant located in an old trolley-repair shop two blocks from the original brewpub. With this expansion, Tired Hands has increased their brewing capacity from 1500 to 5000 barrels right away, with an additional 5000 barrels of production on the horizon.

This increased capacity also means that DC will finally get to taste a range of Tired Hands on tap exclusively through our 5 (and soon to be 6) DC bars and restaurants!

We are proud to be showcasing the following 6 Tired Hands brews on draft throughout December, beginning this weekend. Please follow the Twitter and Facebook feeds of each our our locations, as well as checking up on their online draft lists, to find out who is pouring what, and when!

The Tired Hands December DC Draft List!
 Tired Hands HopHands
 Tired Hands SaisonHands
 Tired Hands Trendler
 Tired Hands Pineal
 Tired Hands Shambolic
 Tired Hands Citra/ Citrus Saison

Yada

« Reply #6099 on: December 09, 2015, 05:39:43 pm »
Ballast Point is the beer of Top Chef this year... movin' on up!

vansmack

« Reply #6100 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:59 pm »
Ballast Point is the beer of Top Chef this year... movin' on up!

I wonder if that deal was done before or after they were bought by Constellation Brands...
27>34

« Reply #6101 on: December 10, 2015, 12:08:11 pm »
here's hoping GGW gets one of these and brings it to the next bottle trade

This Is the World?s Most Expensive Beer

slack

Bagley

« Reply #6102 on: December 10, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »
What's the shelf life for a gose?  the anderson valley blood orange, in particular?

Yada

« Reply #6103 on: December 10, 2015, 12:13:15 pm »
What's the shelf life for a gose?  the anderson valley blood orange, in particular?

Probably six months... I don't think it will be awful if it sits a bit longer, but I know the Victory and Westbrook Gose suggest six months.

I just drank a victory about a week ago that said drink by October and it still tasted delicious.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6104 on: December 10, 2015, 12:58:07 pm »
gose in a can should last a long time.  little to no oxidation with the can and low pH of the beer will protect it from infection.
<sig>