Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3207627 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8025 on: March 20, 2017, 03:08:46 pm »
x

Space Freely

« Reply #8026 on: March 20, 2017, 03:09:26 pm »

I chatted with Space we have already agreed the place is shit.
lets be clear...neither of you have tried it
and there is only 1 BA review in

but I agree...it will probably suck

these seasonals don't sound terribul...

Winter Bronze Belgian Dubbel 6.2% ABV 16 IBU
Aromas of dark fruit, hints of toasted malt, caramel brown in color.

Modera  Pale Ale 5.1% ABV 30 IBU 12.5 Plato
A  light  in  color  single  hop  American  pale  ale  producing  piney  and  fruity  aromas  like
grapefruit. The Modera Pale Ale will maintain its malt backbone throughout the year but
rotate   hop   varieties   to   showcase   its   unique   flavor   and   aroma   char
acteristics   in
appreciation of the West End community?s diversity.

4 Points German India Pale Ale   6.8% ABV 63 IBU 16oz $6.25
An  IPA  brewed  exclusively  with  4  German  hop  varieties  (Mandarina,  Saphir,  Polaris  &
Northern Brewer)
creating unique menthol and citrus aromas.

?I?d Give Up Chocolate But...? Chocolate Stout  6.1% ABV 30 IBU  13oz $7.5
Chocolate lovers rejoice! Brewed with chocolate malt and 10 poun

Methinks Yada is pulling your leg. I don't recall having such a conversation. But my memory has been proven wrong before...

Yada

« Reply #8027 on: March 20, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »

I chatted with Space we have already agreed the place is shit.
lets be clear...neither of you have tried it
and there is only 1 BA review in

but I agree...it will probably suck

these seasonals don't sound terribul...

Winter Bronze Belgian Dubbel 6.2% ABV 16 IBU
Aromas of dark fruit, hints of toasted malt, caramel brown in color.

Modera  Pale Ale 5.1% ABV 30 IBU 12.5 Plato
A  light  in  color  single  hop  American  pale  ale  producing  piney  and  fruity  aromas  like
grapefruit. The Modera Pale Ale will maintain its malt backbone throughout the year but
rotate   hop   varieties   to   showcase   its   unique   flavor   and   aroma   char
acteristics   in
appreciation of the West End community?s diversity.

4 Points German India Pale Ale   6.8% ABV 63 IBU 16oz $6.25
An  IPA  brewed  exclusively  with  4  German  hop  varieties  (Mandarina,  Saphir,  Polaris  &
Northern Brewer)
creating unique menthol and citrus aromas.

?I?d Give Up Chocolate But...? Chocolate Stout  6.1% ABV 30 IBU  13oz $7.5
Chocolate lovers rejoice! Brewed with chocolate malt and 10 poun

Methinks Yada is pulling your leg. I don't recall having such a conversation. But my memory has been proven wrong before...

Yes, it was a joke... But I bet it's Cap City Brewing caliber.

« Reply #8028 on: March 20, 2017, 11:06:31 pm »
Singlecut Softly Spoken Magic Spells
FYI...they currently have this on tap at PP dupont
oh man that's a good stuff
Glad I stopped by the
slack

hutch

« Reply #8029 on: March 20, 2017, 11:24:25 pm »
you left me hanging and now i can't sleep

Yada

« Reply #8030 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

hutch

« Reply #8032 on: March 21, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »
OK I can finally go to sleep now...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8033 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:47 am »

Yada

« Reply #8034 on: March 22, 2017, 09:58:03 am »
SMH...

http://nowiknow.com/why-marylanders-pay-more-for-a-little-less-beer/

I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Rolling Rock and High Life pony bottles... however, I haven't been able to find the High Life ones in quite some time.

Space Freely

« Reply #8035 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:33 am »
I made pasta with pesto last night and learned that Delirium Tremens pairs very well with it. Tonight, it's a pita pizza with either a Veil DIPA or a homebrew amber ale (I know, tough choice there.). Tomorrow, tostadas with some kind of IPA, or the homebrew. And a Founders Frootwood (root beer for the kid) float for dessert.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8036 on: March 22, 2017, 10:54:16 am »
Enjoy By 4/20 is tasting nice and dank.  not the absolute best of the series but a damn solid offering.  unfortunately $18/sixer limits my ability to justify picking up another.  well, ok, fine, maybe just one more... it was 6 days old  - gotta love having that richmond brewery nearby.

Founders Frootwood float for dessert.

had the frootwood over the weekend.  maybe a float is the way to go, because on its own it's unimpressive IMO.  way too much cherry, way too little of everything else (including beer flavor).
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8037 on: March 22, 2017, 11:08:22 am »
SMH...

http://nowiknow.com/why-marylanders-pay-more-for-a-little-less-beer/

i love a lot of things about Maryland, and MoCo, but damn if their beer laws aren't idiotic. 

in an attempt to pull MD into the 21st century of beer laws, all MD residents should - nay, MUST - call their state senators to voice opposition to HB 1283.  it's fast, it's easy, and damn this bill needs to die a quick death (or at least be rewritten...):

House Bill 1283 Will Be Devastating for Maryland Brewers, and the Senate Needs to Fix It

From FeBREWary to March Madness: House passes bill that?s one step forward, two steps back for local beer

please, MD'ers, make a call: http://mdelect.net/ <-- find your senator.  clock is ticking, do it NOW.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:13:51 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #8038 on: March 22, 2017, 11:35:48 am »
Enjoy By 4/20 is tasting nice and dank.  not the absolute best of the series but a damn solid offering.  unfortunately $18/sixer limits my ability to justify picking up another.  well, ok, fine, maybe just one more... it was 6 days old  - gotta love having that richmond brewery nearby.

Founders Frootwood float for dessert.

had the frootwood over the weekend.  maybe a float is the way to go, because on its own it's unimpressive IMO.  way too much cherry, way too little of everything else (including beer flavor).

I bought the Frootwood right when it came out. Choice between a four pack and a bomber, I went with the four pack. Had one and my reaction was similar to yours. Wishing I had waited, a few weeks later my Whole Foods started splitting up the four packs and selling as singles...one 12 oz would have been enough for me.

Has anybody had the Enjoy After and if so, how good is it? I have the first one they made, and it's well after the After date, so I guess I should crack it in the not too distant future.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8039 on: March 22, 2017, 11:59:18 am »
Has anybody had the Enjoy After and if so, how good is it? I have the first one they made, and it's well after the After date, so I guess I should crack it in the not too distant future.

i've had it and i thought it was really good.  i suspect you'll like it.  not much point in aging for years, some strains of brett can get really phenolic (spicy) with extended aging.
<sig>