Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181546 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8565 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »
so, is anyone making any efforts to snag some CBS tomorrow?

Have, sadly, never even seen a bottle of it. Would try to snag one but I'm sure as soon as I'd  head out around lunch they'll be long gone.

Space Freely

« Reply #8566 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »
so, is anyone making any efforts to snag some CBS tomorrow?

Have, sadly, never even seen a bottle of it. Would try to snag one but I'm sure as soon as I'd  head out around lunch they'll be long gone.

Craft Beer Cellar is selling bottles to the first 36 customers starting at noon tomorrow. So there's that, if you're able. I actually work a 10 minute walk from there. but can't get one because they don't let me bring beer into work...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8567 on: December 01, 2017, 01:49:23 am »
Wouldn't there be 36 lined up by 7am, though?

Space Freely

« Reply #8568 on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:26 am »
Wouldn't there be 36 lined up by 7am, though?

I don't know. Are there really 36 people in DC who would line up for five hours in the freezing cold to get a single bottle of beer that costs $30?

Honestly, my strategy for something like this is to find a store that doesn't advertise their shipments on their social media page.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8569 on: December 01, 2017, 09:15:51 am »
Honestly, my strategy for something like this is to find a store that doesn't advertise their shipments on their social media page.
"Effort and luck" is the strategy of the poor. In Julian's America, we wait until the secondary market declares the items true value, then send our agent to go purchase it away from street urchins who are more concerned with putting food on their tablets than putting elite beer in their gullets. Its called gentrification. We'd gentrify the hell out of that beer.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #8570 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:16 am »
Two other not to be overlooked barrel aged stouts out in VA today...

BA Ten Fidy, ~$13/19 oz can
Victory Java Cask ~$30/4 pack

Damn these prices are getting crazy.

Yada

« Reply #8571 on: December 01, 2017, 09:47:24 am »

BA Ted Fidy has been that price for years.

Space Freely

« Reply #8572 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:31 am »

"Years?" That beer wasn't even distributed until 2015.

But I was just making a general observation about the rising cost of premium craft beer.

Space Freely

« Reply #8573 on: December 01, 2017, 10:13:24 am »
I just called my local Total Wine, and they said the supply survived the initial opening rush. Seems like there's just way more of this beer this time out.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8574 on: December 01, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

I don't know. Are there really 36 people in DC who would line up for five hours in the freezing cold to get a single bottle of beer that costs $30?

I believe there are at least 40. :D

Your point about social media is a good one. Calvert Woodley announced it on twitter and sold their entire allotment almost immediately.

Yada

« Reply #8575 on: December 01, 2017, 10:42:34 am »

"Years?" That beer wasn't even distributed until 2015.

But I was just making a general observation about the rising cost of premium craft beer.

Yes, years. The past two.

Pretty sure this stuff is flowing like water accross the DMV.

Yada

« Reply #8576 on: December 01, 2017, 10:44:50 am »
sweets... you're losing your edge in your old age/retirement to the west coast.

lupulin powder has been pretty prevalent in most of the east coast "hop" breweries for quite some time.

Yada

« Reply #8577 on: December 01, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »

I believe there are at least 40. :D

Your point about social media is a good one. Calvert Woodley announced it on twitter and sold their entire allotment almost immediately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcKpxF_Fsmn/?taken-by=cbc_dc

Indeed a line at noon.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8578 on: December 01, 2017, 07:36:52 pm »
lupulin powder has been pretty prevalent in most of the east coast "hop" breweries for quite some time.

not sure where you're getting your info, brah, but lupulin powder is about a year old.  YCH first released it, on a very limited basis, about this time last year - AKA after the 2016 hop harvest.  it wasn't widely available for breweries until late winter/early spring this year.  it's just starting to be available for homebrewers, but just barely. 
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8579 on: December 01, 2017, 09:14:34 pm »

not sure where you're getting your info, brah, but lupulin powder is about a year old.  YCH first released it, on a very limited basis, about this time last year - AKA after the 2016 hop harvest.  it wasn't widely available for breweries until late winter/early spring this year.  it's just starting to be available for homebrewers, but just barely.

I'm not getting info anywhere,  basing it on experience of drinking beers with it recently. A year is probably accurate but at least around these parts I've had approximately 8 to 10 breweries that have used it.