Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183175 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8910 on: August 31, 2018, 09:22:33 am »
that is an insane lineup.  not sure i've ever seen anything better.

Well, there were the 9:30 Forum bottle shares...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8911 on: August 31, 2018, 12:24:43 pm »
Just noticed The Truth and Raging Bitch are on sale at Safeway in Olney for 7.49.

Space Freely

« Reply #8912 on: September 01, 2018, 09:48:18 am »
Just noticed The Truth and Raging Bitch are on sale at Safeway in Olney for 7.49.

2013'd.

« Reply #8913 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:18 pm »
Red Dragon in Fredricksburg
the Oat something DIPA and The maple/chocolate stout
should have gotten a few crowlers...next time
Took the reco on the Gose and the Black Boysenberry was really good
also has the plum razz, but that BB was so good, it made that seem meh
Got a Crowler of the In the Drink DDH and that was super juicy

Also hit the Aslin pop up at the Nats Park finally and had their BoysenBerry, Blueberry & Blackberry Berliner weisse...it was good but made me think how much I liked that Red Dragon Black Boysenberry Gose
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8914 on: September 12, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »
i know these guys aren't the most inspiring brwery out there, but for some reason i've always had a soft spot for them:

BUILD YOUR OWN IPA at Heavy Seas!
Saturday, September 15
11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Heavy Seas Beer
4615 Hollins Ferry Road
Halethorpe, MD 21227
http://hsbeer.com/happenings/eventDetail/ipa-bar

also, has anyone tried their TropiCannon?

other HSB to possibly look out for: Great'er Pumpkin ( Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Sept-Oct) and Schnee Boot (Bourbon Barrel-Aged Eisbock, 13%)

if anyone comes across that eisbock, please grab some and let's talk... i'd be interested in a trade.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8915 on: September 17, 2018, 10:13:50 am »
Aslin hosted an outstanding beer fest this weekend.

I probably sampled roughly 30 (not even touching over half of the additional beers there) absolutely crushing the Space Ounce to Cost ratio.

I have no negative feedback about the event and what was nice, there were minimal below average beers at the event, so getting beer was simple. There may have only been two to three beers that actually had lines longer than 10 people.

A few highlights...

Bottle Logic - Fundamental Observation
Red Dragon - Slurricane
Triple Crossing - Citra Triangles

Space Freely

« Reply #8916 on: September 17, 2018, 11:50:35 am »

I probably sampled roughly 30 (not even touching over half of the additional beers there) absolutely crushing the Space Ounce to Cost ratio.

I have no negative feedback about the event and what was nice, there were minimal below average beers at the event, so getting beer was simple. There may have only been two to three beers that actually had lines longer than 10 people.

A few highlights...

Red Dragon - Slurricane

My (poorer than me so probably even on a more strict ounce to cost ratio) brother is planning on visiting and going to Snallygaster with me. I wonder if we should have chosen the Aslin Fest instead?  Of course we would have had to had a designated driver for the Aslin thing whereas we can do public transport for Snally (or just sober up in the city).

Yada

« Reply #8917 on: September 17, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »

A few highlights...

Red Dragon - Slurricane

My (poorer than me so probably even on a more strict ounce to cost ratio) brother is planning on visiting and going to Snallygaster with me. I wonder if we should have chosen the Aslin Fest instead?  Of course we would have had to had a designated driver for the Aslin thing whereas we can do public transport for Snally (or just sober up in the city).

$50 all you can drink vs. $50 and picking out drink tickets for pours sounds like an easy decision in terms of fiscal responsibility,  however the beer list at snally may be a bit better.

Space Freely

« Reply #8918 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:47 am »

A few highlights...

Red Dragon - Slurricane

$50 all you can drink vs. $50 and picking out drink tickets for pours sounds like an easy decision in terms of fiscal responsibility,  however the beer list at snally may be a bit better.

Problem is, I don't know if i can drink $50 worth of beer. Though at Churchkey prices, that won't be a problem.

Space Freely

« Reply #8919 on: September 20, 2018, 09:26:55 am »
Aslin moving their headquarters to Alexandria, 15 mins from my house. Woohoo. Also still planning a new Herndon location.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn8s71tDLLH/?utm_source=ig_embed

Yada

« Reply #8920 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:23 am »

A few highlights...

Red Dragon - Slurricane

Problem is, I don't know if i can drink $50 worth of beer. Though at Churchkey prices, that won't be a problem.

Yeah, you should be able to get five, 4oz pours for that price.

Yada

« Reply #8921 on: September 20, 2018, 09:49:20 am »
Aslin moving their headquarters to Alexandria, 15 mins from my house. Woohoo. Also still planning a new Herndon location.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn8s71tDLLH/?utm_source=ig_embed

So... The same news that's been circulating for basically a year and no real updates, great!

Yada

« Reply #8922 on: September 20, 2018, 09:52:55 am »
Had these beauties land on the doorstep the other night.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8923 on: September 20, 2018, 12:17:00 pm »
Had these beauties land on the doorstep the other night.

no image.... your upload game is weak:

<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8924 on: September 20, 2018, 12:26:40 pm »
Img loaded for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LVMH