Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182265 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8940 on: September 24, 2018, 10:27:54 am »
Dominion Wine and Beer in Falls Church because they have a much more curated, organized beer selection than my local Total Wine.
I went there on Saturday and they were doing a soft opening of their tasting room.
Thanks for the scene report and glad to hear this opened. 
That is such a great shop, with great selection and knowledgeable staff
the owner is connected as he was the only one getting Aslin on tap in the past
always has the best of the best of the 'local' breweries like Commonwealth, Crooked Run, triple crossing, The Veil, Hardywood, RAR...
slack

Yada

« Reply #8941 on: September 25, 2018, 10:57:40 am »
Friends,

I'm heading on a beer journey including, but not limited to, and subject to change...

Brew Gentlemen > Dancing Gnome > Equilibrium > Hudson Valley Brewing > Suarez > Foam > Alchemist > Hill Farmstead

Expect pictures that don't load to be posted in the near future.

Space Freely

« Reply #8942 on: September 25, 2018, 11:06:05 am »
Friends,

I'm heading on a beer journey including, but not limited to, and subject to change...

Brew Gentlemen > Dancing Gnome > Equilibrium > Hudson Valley Brewing > Suarez > Foam > Alchemist > Hill Farmstead

Please post reviews of each place you go to as well. We're consider a trip that would include all but the first two (and possibly add a side trip to Tree House) next summer. Though at this point it's only an idea for a backup trip to a different trip that may or may not happen.

Yada

« Reply #8943 on: September 25, 2018, 11:17:11 am »
Friends,

Though at this point it's only an idea for a backup trip to a different trip that may or may not happen.

Replace trip with show and that sounds like a killsally concert itinerary.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8944 on: October 01, 2018, 05:13:36 pm »

Bagley

« Reply #8945 on: October 02, 2018, 12:27:48 pm »
If anyone happens to be passing thru the Gulf Coast of Florida,  Sarasota in particular,  this is the place for you...

http://www.calusabrewing.com/on-tap

In the short time this brewery's been in business, the Focus IPA has been supplied to over 65 restaurants and bars from Venice to Tampa.  Hard to beat!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8946 on: October 03, 2018, 07:35:06 pm »
Also, took a gamble on Sapwood today... I think you may have mentioned a long time ago that was your buddy, I split the sour club with a few folks.

NICE!  please please report back on their offerings.  i'd sign up for their club in a heartbeat if i could.

i know both guys behind the project - Mike, who literally wrote the book on american sours, and Scott, AKA Mr. Hop Science.  those two have forgotten more about making good beer than most folks will ever learn.  if their commercial output is anything like their homebrews, y'all in for a treat.

Sapwood is now open: Thur & Fri 4-10 PM, Sat Noon-10 PM. 

looking forward to reading a review (Space, you need to actually visit the place first).   

for the anoraks: blog post about brewing their APA

<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #8947 on: October 03, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »
Also, took a gamble on Sapwood today... I think you may have mentioned a long time ago that was your buddy, I split the sour club with a few folks.

NICE!  please please report back on their offerings.  i'd sign up for their club in a heartbeat if i could.

i know both guys behind the project - Mike, who literally wrote the book on american sours, and Scott, AKA Mr. Hop Science.  those two have forgotten more about making good beer than most folks will ever learn.  if their commercial output is anything like their homebrews, y'all in for a treat.

Sapwood is now open: Thur & Fri 4-10 PM, Sat Noon-10 PM. 

looking forward to reading a review (Space, you need to actually visit the place first).   

for the anoraks: blog post about brewing their APA
Haha, it's definitely on the hit list. Definitely sounds promising. Planner that i am, won't be until November or December. Looking forward to it. We'll probably combine it with a visit to the new Union Craft facility, along with a visit to, um, er, the new Guinness facility in Baltimore County.

Space Freely

« Reply #8948 on: October 03, 2018, 09:28:23 pm »
After an eight mile hike in Harper's Ferry on Saturday, we detoured on the way home to hit Waredeca and Brookeville Beer Farm. Both had decent to good beer and fun family atmosphere, as previously mentioned on this thread.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8949 on: October 03, 2018, 10:00:06 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but people who bring kids to bars or breweries or wineries, are obviously, drunks.

Space Freely

« Reply #8950 on: October 03, 2018, 10:43:18 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but people who bring kids to bars or breweries or wineries, are obviously, drunks.
[/quote

Space:
Most nights i split a 16 oz can of beer with my wife. So yeah, guilty as charged.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8951 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:27 pm »
In other words, every one else doesn't want your brats there.  You fucked, had kids, deal with it.  Stop burdening every one else with your problems.  Can't we have one place on earth, where kids have to stay the fuck out.

hutch

« Reply #8952 on: October 03, 2018, 11:45:39 pm »
Well I don’t know

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8953 on: October 04, 2018, 01:28:31 am »
In other words, every one else doesn't want your brats there.  You fucked, had kids, deal with it.  Stop burdening every one else with your problems.  Can't we have one place on earth, where kids have to stay the fuck out.

kids are people too, they have a right to be there, if you don't like the people in a public place then fuck on off back to your cave.

now can we work on finding a middle ground? ;D
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #8954 on: October 04, 2018, 07:42:08 am »
Let’s think about how countries that don’t seem to have the huge alcohol problems of the United States do it....I mean in France or Italy no parent would think to leave kids home before going to a vineyard and kids would be exposed to alcohol at a young age.

On the other hands America’s sudden adoption of a kidcentric focus in everything married with the entitlement kids have is annoying. It has been a seachange the past two decades