Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182101 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9015 on: October 24, 2018, 08:29:02 pm »
- Lagunitas: Mozango:
was super happy with this on tap the other night...very crush-able
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9016 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:45 pm »
Speaking of Lagunitas...

I've been on a steady diet of Aslin, the Veil, Other Half, Grimm, Charles Town Fermentory, and Civil Society for the past 12 months but figured i still needed some Lagunitas Born Yesterday based on past pleasures.

Well I'm here to report it's a much better value than the aformentioned beers, but based on quality, they should call it Lagunitas Sucks. Or Heineken Hoppy. West Coast IPA's just don't do it for me anymore.

« Reply #9017 on: October 25, 2018, 08:05:36 am »
Civil Society
are you finding that in cans around here?
slack

hutch

« Reply #9018 on: October 25, 2018, 08:18:01 am »
Tell me that meant to go in the RIP thread

« Reply #9019 on: October 25, 2018, 09:49:22 am »
good one!
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9020 on: October 25, 2018, 12:53:29 pm »
My wife loved Fremont and hated Reuben's.

Must have been the fact that she was with me when she was at Fremont and without me when she was at Reuben's.

I haven't been to Reuben's so can't comment. I really love the atmosphere at Fremont, been there at the new location as well as the original. But honestly I think I drank a guest mead the last time I was there and didn't have any of their stuff. I think their standards are meh but their specials are fantastic.

Bagley

« Reply #9021 on: October 25, 2018, 01:44:28 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #9022 on: October 25, 2018, 03:53:25 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #9023 on: October 25, 2018, 03:55:26 pm »
Civil Society
are you finding that in cans around here?

Nope not around here. We drove to Florida (Civil Society) and South Carolina (Charles Town Fementory) for Spring Break, and Brooklyn (Other Half and Grimm) for July 4 weekend.

« Reply #9024 on: October 25, 2018, 04:10:24 pm »
Other Half and Grimm
I've seen these in cans an on tap around here, but the only time I had Civil was in south Floridia
it's soo good, wish they had some up here
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9025 on: October 25, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »

A 7.7% abv crushable DIPA, lol.

so this might blow your mind, but: it's true.  i crushed my first glass in like 3 takes.  sipped the second half of the bomber, only because i made a point of slowing down.  easily could have mainlined the whole thing.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9026 on: October 25, 2018, 05:40:50 pm »

so this might blow your mind, but: it's true.  i crushed my first glass in like 3 takes.  sipped the second half of the bomber, only because i made a point of slowing down.  easily could have mainlined the whole thing.
What was the cost per minute of that beer interaction? Troublesome financial decisions, dear Sweets.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #9027 on: October 25, 2018, 07:02:21 pm »
Other Half and Grimm
I've seen these in cans an on tap around here, but the only time I had Civil was in south Floridia
it's soo good, wish they had some up here

Yeah, but if you got any of the one time DC drop of Other Half, you had to wait in a long ass line.

I did post that they're opening a DC brewery though, right? Sorry memory shot.

« Reply #9028 on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:49 am »

Yeah, but if you got any of the one time DC drop of Other Half, you had to wait in a long ass line.

I did post that they're opening a DC brewery though, right? Sorry memory shot.
Sweet, didn't know that
https://www.popville.com/2018/08/other-half-brewing-washington-ivy-city-dc/
I think Pizza P has had Other Half on draft at least one time I was there...but might be confusing that with Singlecut
slack

Bagley

« Reply #9029 on: November 01, 2018, 09:46:12 am »

So I enter my local beer store/watering hole inquiring about this Mozango creature.  Beer guy tells me they're out of bombers.  I say, But I spoke to someone a couple hours ago who said you had a case in stock.   Hmmmm, Oh, here it is, he says.  So i grabbed a couple and asked him what he thought of it as he shook his head and grimaced.  Too sweet, tastes artificial, he says.  Well, I'll be the judge of that. So I ordered the draft version and was immediately hit with a wonderfully fruity bouquet of fresh mangos.  The taste was smooth, carbonation low, head creamy with a somewhat dry piney finish.  Tasted all natural to me, though I was hesitant about the fruited IPA concept initially.  Very easy to drink, though IMHO, it would be a perfect release for the summer....strangely enough we seem to be in the minority,  the keg has lasted a WEEK.