Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182127 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9195 on: March 04, 2019, 09:23:40 pm »

Yada

« Reply #9196 on: March 05, 2019, 11:27:50 am »
It looks like The Alchemist is now distributing Heady throughout the entire state of Vermont (about 5 years late). Heady shelf turds imminent.

« Reply #9197 on: March 14, 2019, 10:34:11 am »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9198 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:06 am »
Finally made it to Astro Lab Brewing. Their Citra IPA is really good!

Yada

« Reply #9199 on: March 15, 2019, 10:25:32 am »

Been wanting to get there for months... Also, Silver Branch just opened in Silver Spring as well.

« Reply #9200 on: March 15, 2019, 11:02:02 am »

Been wanting to get there for months... Also, Silver Branch just opened in Silver Spring as well.
wow and with Denizens, you can hit three breweries in Silver spring within a mile of each other!
might have to hop on the red line

ugh ... glitterbeer
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:10:50 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #9201 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:57 am »

wow and with Denizens, you can hit three breweries in Silver spring within a mile of each other!
might have to hop on the red line

ugh ... glitterbeer

I haven't been to Denizens in probably four years, but unless things have changed they used to make pretty turrible beer. Astrolab looks promising... Silver Branch looks like I'll be crushing pils (which isn't a bad thing).

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9202 on: March 15, 2019, 09:16:13 pm »
Was pleasantly surprised by Astro Lab. Look forward to going back.

Denizens hasn't been good in a long time. Heard mixed things about Silver Branch but do want to check it out.

« Reply #9203 on: March 20, 2019, 08:03:34 am »

SAVE THE DATE: THE FIRST ANNUAL EASTER KEG HUNT
ChurchKey, Bluejacket, The Sovereign & The Partisan
Thursday, April 11th - Sunday, April 14th
You are cordially invited to a *different* type of scavenger hunt this Spring: the first annual #DCEasterKegHunt. From Thursday, April 11th through Sunday, April 14th, join us along with our buddies at The Sovereign, Bluejacket & The Partisan for a craft beer-themed scavenger hunt across The District. The hoppy hunt is on...

STEP 1: Starting on Thursday, April 11th, pick up your official Easter Keg Hunt scorecard at any of the participating locations – ChurchKey, Bluejacket, The Sovereign or The Partisan.

STEP 2: Each location will have a different clue hinting at a special beer on the draft list.

STEP 3: Find the secret beer at all 4 locations by Sunday, April 14th, and win a FREE limited-edition commemorative DC Easter Keg Hunt 2019 hooded sweatshirt (retail value $45). Winners will be automatically entered into a drawing for one of five grand prizes:

• Belgian beer tasting for 4 people at The Sovereign w/ Greg Engert, NRG Beer Director
• Private brewery tour & tasting for 4 people at Bluejacket w/ Ro Guenzel, Director of Brewery Operations.
• “Shared Supper” beer & food experience for two (2) people at Birch & Barley/ChurchKey.
• A one (1) month subscription to Red Apron's "Biggie" Butcher’s Box
• Four (4) VIP tickets to the beastliest beer festival of the year -- Snallygaster 2019!

BONUS ROUND: Increase your odds of winning a grand prize package by completing any of the following tasks. Each completed task will receive an extra stamp on your scorecard. The more stamps you have, the more chances you have at winning a grand prize.

• Solve a more difficult clue to find the "bonus" beer at each location.
• Dressing up in costume.
• Find the special "Easter Kegs" hidden at each location.
• Tag any participating location on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #DCEasterKegHunt.
• And lastly, show us your receipts when turning in your card. We’ll give you up to four extra stamps for every $25 spent over $50 during the event. ($50, $75, $100, $125)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9204 on: March 20, 2019, 08:23:56 am »
• Belgian beer tasting for 4 people at The Sovereign w/ Greg Engert, NRG Beer Director

Good Lord. This is the grand prize? I'd stop with the sweatshirt.

« Reply #9205 on: March 20, 2019, 08:32:18 am »

Good Lord. This is the grand prize? I'd stop with the sweatshirt.
maybe not PTOW...but in the running for POTD
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #9206 on: March 22, 2019, 02:35:39 pm »
bought these

lagunitas  dark swan  dark sour

Three Notched  Coven  dark sour

Clown Shoes  Cam the Conqueror  Tipa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9207 on: March 22, 2019, 02:40:38 pm »
We’ve got a #lowticketwarning for Sunday’s The Gang’s All Here @ 3 Stars

Tickets & taplist: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-gangs-all-here-tickets-58018410628

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9208 on: March 22, 2019, 02:42:42 pm »
lagunitas  dark swan  dark sour

interesting sour.  very wine-like, thanks to the use of grapes.  i have a bottle that i'm going to hold on to, for the next time i have a wine-drinker over that says they don't like any beer.   dark swan will change their minds.
<sig>

« Reply #9209 on: March 22, 2019, 02:48:36 pm »
Made out to Vanish Brewery last week
great site...looking forward to going back to play some disc golf

beer was decent, I liked Black Hops and Star Man

grabbed a big bottle of River Run
it was boozy (12.6%)... but delicious

We’ve got a #lowticketwarning for Sunday’s The Gang’s All Here @ 3 Stars
some nice other breweries showing up too!
Civil Society, Commonwealth and Manor Hill
also
*Other Half- TBD
*J Wakefield TBD
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:53:35 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack