Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183328 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9540 on: November 01, 2019, 01:22:09 pm »
this is why the general public makes fun of craft beer:

Leftover Halloween Candy and Beer Pairings
<sig>

« Reply #9541 on: November 07, 2019, 10:26:12 am »
I'll be doing my part to celebrate International Stout Day!
https://stoutday.com/
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9542 on: November 13, 2019, 03:48:36 pm »
3 Stars Brewing Company
 ·
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
 Sunday November 24th -

Join us for Hopfunk Fest.

BUY TICKETS 3starsbrewing.com

We are at it again, bringing some of the best beers in the country right into DC's back yard. We will be showcasing tons of hop-forward and sour beers in a celebration of everything delicious. Food vendors, live music performances and so much more. We have limited the number of tickets available this time around to cut down on lines. This event will sell out and there will be no door tickets. General Admission: Tickets are $15 for GA which gains you entrance, a custom glass, and your first 2 drink tickets. VIP: There is also a limited quantity of VIP experience packages which will get you into the event an hour before GA (12 pm start time for VIP), 4 additional drink tickets, these packages are $50 and available on a first-come, first-served basis. All tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. BEER LIST AND PARTICIPATING BREWERIES TO COME!!!

<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9543 on: November 13, 2019, 03:58:00 pm »
BEER LIST AND PARTICIPATING BREWERIES TO COME!!!

They may want to get on that considering this is next weekend.

« Reply #9544 on: November 14, 2019, 02:15:18 pm »
I thought it was supposed to be bottles
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9545 on: November 14, 2019, 02:31:07 pm »
^ hipster-fratboy heaven
<sig>

« Reply #9546 on: November 19, 2019, 06:40:37 pm »
welp...now I can blame my increase in drinking on UBER! 

but we all know it's because of Trump

this was an interesting takeaway
That said, there is one group of individuals who clearly benefit from the presence of Uber, Lyft and others: bartenders. Messrs Burgdorf, Lennon and Teltser find that employment at bars and restaurants increases by an average of 2% whenever Uber enters the market.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:42:44 pm by And here, right matters ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9547 on: November 19, 2019, 08:58:41 pm »
Australia's Lion Little World Beverages to take over by the end of the year. Over 300 employees will get $100,000 pay outs.
In another major blow to the Colorado beer industry in the last two months, New Belgium Brewing on Tuesday announced that after nearly 30 years in the craft beer business, the employee-owned company is selling to Australian-based Lion Little World Beverages, a subsidiary of Japanese company Kirin Holdings Company Limited.
More than 300 of New Belgium’s employee-owners will receive more than $100,000 in retirement money through the deal, “with some receiving significantly greater amounts,” New Belgium founder Kim Jordan wrote in a letter on Tuesday.
“We will no longer be employee owned and it would be easy to see that as a drawback,” Jordan wrote in her letter. “But here’s another way to look at it … Over the life of our (employee stock ownership plan), including this transaction, the total amount paid to current and former employees will be nearly $190 million. We will have helped a significant number of people realize the upside of having equity in something, being a part of the American Dream!”
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/19/new-belgium-brewing-sale-kirin/

vansmack

« Reply #9548 on: November 19, 2019, 11:57:28 pm »
This bums even me out.  But hey, at least Craft Brewers are just like the rest of America - in it for the money!
27>34

« Reply #9549 on: November 20, 2019, 11:04:55 am »
This bums even me out.  But hey, at least Craft Brewers are just like the rest of America - in it for the money!
I think the employees are doing very well in this situationthe total amount paid to current and former employees will be nearly $190 million.
most companies sellout and 98% of the staff don't benefit at all, just the owners/investors

to think someone who was just a bartender at the tap room would get a 100K pay out is pretty nice and as far as I can tell they still have their jobs...just not the equity

When you are as big as NB, you can't operate like a small 50barel brewery, you have operate like a corporation...
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9550 on: November 20, 2019, 11:19:45 am »
Whenever I see you chuckleheads getting upset that a brewery sells to one of the big boys, I wish you'd take a step back and realize you are in effect going: "hey, I have this co-worker whose company I enjoy and I now hate their guts because the piece of shit had the audacity to retire, take care of their family, and made room for career advancement for their faithful lieutenants who have worked shoulder to shoulder with them. Fuck that guy."
LVMH

« Reply #9551 on: November 20, 2019, 11:24:32 am »
Whenever I see you chuckleheads getting upset that a brewery sells to one of the big boys, I wish you'd take a step back and realize you are in effect going: "hey, I have this co-worker whose company I enjoy and I now hate their guts because the piece of shit had the audacity to retire, take care of their family, and made room for career advancement for their faithful lieutenants who have worked shoulder to shoulder with them. Fuck that guy."
TLDR
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9552 on: November 20, 2019, 02:30:14 pm »

I think the employees are doing very well in this situationthe total amount paid to current and former employees will be nearly $190 million.
most companies sellout and 98% of the staff don't benefit at all, just the owners/investors

to think someone who was just a bartender at the tap room would get a 100K pay out is pretty nice and as far as I can tell they still have their jobs...just not the equity

Well, the 300 owner employees of their 703 total employees anyway...
27>34

Yada

« Reply #9553 on: November 21, 2019, 10:41:01 am »
Massive Triple Crossing drop at the best beer store in the DMV region this Friday, approximately eight cans and one bottle.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9554 on: November 21, 2019, 01:58:19 pm »
Massive Triple Crossing drop at the best beer store in the DMV region this Friday, approximately eight cans and one bottle.

so are they going to do one per customer, or will they let the first duded scoop up all nine beers?

and i'd hardly call one-and-a-half sixers a "massive drop".
<sig>