Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182021 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9555 on: November 21, 2019, 02:02:27 pm »
Massive Triple Crossing drop at the best beer store in the DMV region this Friday, approximately eight cans and one bottle.

How do you like Triple Crossing's IPA's compared to The Veil's? If you work for Paste Magazine, I already know your answer.

I've been to both Triple Crossing locations and had a couple of their beers here in DC, but I've paid way more attention to the Veil and only had cans by the Veil. I'm not sure if that's because the Veil does more hype and I follow it, or if they're actually better.

Edit: I once brought home a four pack of a Berliner from TC, but never any IPA's.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:05:30 pm by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #9556 on: November 21, 2019, 04:18:36 pm »
Massive Triple Crossing drop at the best beer store in the DMV region this Friday, approximately eight cans and one bottle.

so are they going to do one per customer, or will they let the first duded scoop up all nine beers?

and i'd hardly call one-and-a-half sixers a "massive drop".

failol

Yada

« Reply #9557 on: November 21, 2019, 04:20:27 pm »

How do you like Triple Crossing's IPA's compared to The Veil's? If you work for Paste Magazine, I already know your answer.

I've been to both Triple Crossing locations and had a couple of their beers here in DC, but I've paid way more attention to the Veil and only had cans by the Veil. I'm not sure if that's because the Veil does more hype and I follow it, or if they're actually better.

Edit: I once brought home a four pack of a Berliner from TC, but never any IPA's.

TBH, it's been a long time since I've had a Veil IPA that's blown my mind. I took a big step back from chasing every single IPA in 2019 as let's be honest, they all taste pretty similar. I have no interest in triples which seem to be a lot of Veil beers (and aslin).

All of the ipa's I have had from TC have been above average or really good.

« Reply #9558 on: November 21, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »

so are they going to do one per customer, or will they let the first duded scoop up all nine beers?

and i'd hardly call one-and-a-half sixers a "massive drop".
jez, doesn't even seem to cover the cost of the driver to deliver these 9 items
slack

Yada

« Reply #9559 on: November 21, 2019, 05:28:03 pm »
A picture of Space's daughter celebrating her amazing grades on the family vacation to St. Petersburg.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5JF0OWgTLs/?igshid=1qns1vlfyoocm

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9560 on: November 21, 2019, 06:07:40 pm »
A picture of Space's daughter celebrating her amazing grades on the family vacation to St. Petersburg.

actually, the young lady in that pic looks surprisingly like space's daughter. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9561 on: November 21, 2019, 06:45:10 pm »
info about joining sapwood's member clubs ("sap" and "wood"), and announcing a new bottle release:

2020 Sap and Wood Memberships

in case you needed an early xmas gift for self..
<sig>

« Reply #9562 on: November 21, 2019, 06:50:42 pm »

I have no idea what space's daughter looks like...but I'm sure she has made that exact same glare at a brewery
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9563 on: November 21, 2019, 07:43:47 pm »

actually, the young lady in that pic looks surprisingly like space's daughter.

She says "no."

Space Freely

« Reply #9564 on: November 21, 2019, 07:44:59 pm »

It is quite possible that she once sat in that very chair.

Space Freely

« Reply #9565 on: November 21, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »

TBH, it's been a long time since I've had a Veil IPA that's blown my mind. I took a big step back from chasing every single IPA in 2019 as let's be honest, they all taste pretty similar. I have no interest in triples which seem to be a lot of Veil beers (and aslin).

All of the ipa's I have had from TC have been above average or really good.

Yeah, 6-8% is my IPA sweet spot. I've never been a fan of the TIPA. We make it to Richmond once or twice a year, so not much Veil here either.

Yada

« Reply #9566 on: November 21, 2019, 11:49:15 pm »
NRGs taplist in NYC is pretty amazing. I can only imagine the space ratio being completely blown out of the water up there.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9567 on: November 21, 2019, 11:51:09 pm »
NRGs taplist in NYC is pretty amazing. I can only imagine the space ratio being completely blown out of the water up there.
To be fair, NY as a state basically rips food from Space’s kid’s mouth. I imagine he melts if he gets too close to the state line by accident.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #9568 on: November 22, 2019, 09:04:02 am »
To be fair, NY as a state basically rips food from Space’s kid’s mouth. I imagine he melts if he gets too close to the state line by accident.

I'm not sure what your joke is, but in reality whenever I go back to my home state, I get free home cooked meals.

Space Freely

« Reply #9569 on: November 22, 2019, 09:05:21 am »

And yes, nice tap list. Good to see Colonel Engert fleecing the city slickers in his home state.