Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182203 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9585 on: November 26, 2019, 04:43:16 pm »
Space, can confirm that the Triple Crossing beers were all above average to excellent and the 6% to 7%'ers were damn near perfect.

Space Freely

« Reply #9586 on: November 26, 2019, 05:41:35 pm »
the Untappd rankings (all greater than 4) must be by club members trying to make others jealous.

yeah, that's definitely a thing... an annoying thing.  not helpful either.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Goshawk's Grasp by Horus was one of the best stouts I've had this year.

Additionally, Ghoulschip was the best non pumpkin-y pumpkin beer I've ever had.

Had a Horus stout at Snallygaster and had to go back for a rare second. No lines for the Horus beers. Great stuff.

Cascade makes a really good pumpkin sour. They poured Ghoulship at Snally. Was interested, but ultimately skipped, because pumpkin gonna pumpkin. Next time will try.

Space Freely

« Reply #9587 on: November 26, 2019, 05:42:32 pm »
Space, can confirm that the Triple Crossing beers were all above average to excellent and the 6% to 7%'ers were damn near perfect.

I think some of their more West Coasty ipa's are good while their NEIPA's are better.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9588 on: December 03, 2019, 03:33:09 am »
i'm sure i'll get hate for even mentioning this, but 3 Stars' Illuminati Reserve Society is now open for 2020.  $100 for 5 bottles, a couple of parties and some discounts.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #9590 on: December 04, 2019, 10:31:16 am »
Curious what they paid, considering it was bought for $1bil 4 years ago
slack

moeszyslak

« Reply #9591 on: December 04, 2019, 10:43:34 am »
I hope Kings and Convicts considers reopening the Ballast Point brew pub location in Botetourt County.  It was a gorgeous place to drink beer. 

Bagley

« Reply #9592 on: December 04, 2019, 11:18:55 am »
So I checked out the local beer distributor in Pa last week and not only to they do 32oz crowlers they also can 16 and and even 8oz ones.  Different size growlers as well, I believe.  Picked up a 32 of the Surly Furious and a four pack of Industrial Arts' Wrench.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9593 on: December 04, 2019, 02:20:18 pm »
3 Stars Brewing Company: 8th Annual Holiday Extravaganza - Sunday December 15th!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/8th-annual-holiday-extravaganza-tickets-84546511893

Join us for our 8th Annual Holiday Party For the 8th year in a row, we are hosting our massive Holiday Extravaganza at the brewery, this year on December 15th from 1- 6 pm.

As always, we will have a ton of rare and limited releases on draft, specialty can offerings, and a few surprises. Also joining the festivities will be food trucks, DJs, live performances, and more.

General Admission tickets are $15 and include admission, custom glass, and your first drink ticket.

There is also a VIP Jedi Master Experience available that includes early admission to the festival and preferred access to super limited draft offerings (12pm entrance), 4 additional drink tickets, a special limited beer release, and a custom glass.

We are limiting the number of tickets for this year's festivities in order to allow everyone easy access to beers and cut down on congestion throughout the event and live performances.

This event has sold out every year since inception, and we expect more of the same this time around, so don't wait to pick up tickets as there will be No Door Sales.

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #9595 on: December 05, 2019, 08:20:53 am »
I'm also concerned this location will take priority over DC and great kegs like Hill Farmstead will no longer make it this far south.

They're having a Monkish event in Dec. Has that ever happened at a DMV NRG?

Yada

« Reply #9596 on: December 05, 2019, 04:36:28 pm »
Is sweetcell a 3 Stars mole planted in the Pac NW?

vansmack

« Reply #9597 on: December 05, 2019, 05:20:37 pm »
Is sweetcell a 3 Stars mole planted in the Pac NW?

Undoubtedly.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9598 on: December 05, 2019, 06:53:04 pm »
nah, i get all their comms, just sharing in case someone is interested.

as i believe i'd said before, i have a soft spot for 3 Stars because they let us buy sacs of grain at wholesale prices back in the day (no idea if it's still happening).  they could have sold us that grain at the regular retail price but the founders, dave and mike, made a point of supporting the homebrewing community.  i doubt  could have brewed as much as i did back then without all that cheap grain.  so in a way, they underwrote my current brewing skillz.  sharing some of their news and offers is a small payback.  feel free to ignore :)
<sig>

« Reply #9599 on: December 10, 2019, 02:55:20 pm »
Happy #NationalLagerDay
slack