Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3220058 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9795 on: April 02, 2020, 10:31:11 am »
Pick up some Covid19 too!

Space Freely

« Reply #9796 on: April 02, 2020, 10:33:01 am »
Might need to head over there again.

I know the beer geeks don’t care but I think it’s important for people to support their local breweries. I bought cans from Waredaca yesterday.

Aslin *is* my local brewery. And Downtown Crown is a local business (for Marylander's). So I'm good.

Looking forward to sitting outside and drinking a beer at Waredeca again someday. Hope they pull through this.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9797 on: April 02, 2020, 11:02:06 am »

I know the beer geeks don’t care but I think it’s important for people to support their local breweries. I bought cans from Waredaca yesterday.

Check the $8 32oz crowlers at Brew Belly too.  Or get your growler sanitized and filled.  Grab a cheesesteak while you're there.

Good idea. It’s all MD beer there usually.

They’re filling growlers??

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9798 on: April 02, 2020, 11:05:45 am »

Aslin *is* my local brewery. And Downtown Crown is a local business (for Marylander's). So I'm good.

Looking forward to sitting outside and drinking a beer at Waredeca again someday. Hope they pull through this.

Not knocking DTC. I am however concerned about Waredaca, Saints Row, Elder Pine and even Sapwood. It would suck to see any of them not pull through this.

shemptiness

« Reply #9799 on: April 02, 2020, 11:15:05 am »

Check the $8 32oz crowlers at Brew Belly too.  Or get your growler sanitized and filled.  Grab a cheesesteak while you're there.

Good idea. It’s all MD beer there usually.

They’re filling growlers??

They just resumed growler filling this week.  Adding the sanitizing step I take it.

K8teebug

« Reply #9800 on: April 02, 2020, 11:27:34 am »
The only good thing is I can get Aslin at Perfect Pour. Call in my order and they bring it to my trunk. Wipe all the cans down with alcohol wipes when I get home. Trying to only buy local brews like Aslin, Peabody Heights, Black Flag, Hysteria, Monument City, and a few NY small ones I like.

K8teebug

« Reply #9801 on: April 02, 2020, 11:27:54 am »
The only good thing about this whole mess...

K8teebug

« Reply #9802 on: April 02, 2020, 11:28:39 am »

Not knocking DTC. I am however concerned about Waredaca, Saints Row, Elder Pine and even Sapwood. It would suck to see any of them not pull through this.

Sapwood seems to be doing a good business selling take out beers!

Space Freely

« Reply #9803 on: April 02, 2020, 12:01:13 pm »

Aren't the craft breweries with the best beer most likely to survive? Maybe that's not the criteria in these abnormal times? I mean, Waredeca is a fun place to hang out but their beer isn't very good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:02:51 pm by Space Freely »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9804 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:17 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure quality is the only measure by which places will survive at this point.

Waredaca's beers are hit or miss but there are a few seasonals I genuinely enjoy. I like them better than Brookeville, who are technically my local brewery.  Though their spot is nice, too.

Yada

« Reply #9805 on: April 02, 2020, 01:31:21 pm »
Yeah... Don't think quality is going to save anyone during this mess.

Look at places like aslin or veil who to most people have better quality beer than say, Waredaca... However, both of these places have expanded ridiculously, have dozens if not 100s of employees and at this point, can't giveaway their beer.

No one is safe.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9806 on: April 02, 2020, 06:29:47 pm »
I've never had Other Half. Is it any good?

Space Freely

« Reply #9807 on: April 02, 2020, 06:59:48 pm »
I've never had Other Half. Is it any good?

Yes.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9808 on: April 02, 2020, 07:15:52 pm »
Cool. I just picked some up from that place.

shemptiness

« Reply #9809 on: April 06, 2020, 01:25:03 pm »