Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182696 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10710 on: August 11, 2021, 05:49:23 pm »
Haven’t been to many breweries in Frederick but Idiom is the best I’ve had.

If there are better ones, please advise.

I've been to a bunch of the Fredneck breweries, and Idiom is probably the best. Monocacy is decent too. The rest, forgettable.

Thanks. Guess I’m done with that area!

Space Freely

« Reply #10711 on: August 12, 2021, 05:14:09 pm »
Hit up the OG OH yesterday. I had a nice fruited Berliner and a taster of a meh Brett IPA. She had two Tasters of TIPA, highly rated but too beastly for me. Tunes are in the hip hop range, but good hip hop.

Also went to Folksbier. Homey atmosphere, a Taylor Swift mix, and some really nice German beers. Didn't have 15 ipas on draft, but sometimes German is a good change of pace. Don't tell Atomic I said so.

Today it's Strong Rope, Finback, and Wild East. And then onto the Hudson Valley.

Hit those three today and caught up with some college friends. Good beers and good times. The winner may have been the Finback BQE single barrel stout. Fucking awesome. Best stout in a long rime. 4 67 on untappd. Temps approaching 100, maybe Corona would have been the better choice.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:39:29 pm by Space Freely »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10712 on: August 13, 2021, 08:23:00 am »
That's pretty much all Corona is good for.  But it does that well.

Was at Nepenthe again last night and would have killed for a stout. Weak-ish porters don't do it for me.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10713 on: August 13, 2021, 12:40:51 pm »
Locations Zwanze Day 2021
As promised, here are the locations hosting this year’s Zwanze Day on Saturday, September 25th!
Santeď!
<snip>
• Monk’s Café — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• The Sovereign — Washington D.C.
• The Veil Brewing Co. — Richmond, Virginia

<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10714 on: August 14, 2021, 06:29:15 pm »
Hudson Valley Brewery yesterday. Awesome sour ipas and farmhouse ales. 95 degree day and no ac. Nasty.

Today we went to Brewery Ardennes near Seneca Lake. Really lovely place and awesome weather. Unfortunately the Belgian beers were only average

Space Freely

« Reply #10715 on: August 15, 2021, 09:27:24 pm »
Today went with my bro and ma to Aurora Brewery. Beer was good and so was the view of Cayuga Lake.

Also picked up some Mortalis cans at a local shop

Space Freely

« Reply #10716 on: August 17, 2021, 09:47:30 am »
With a brewery stop (sometimes two) each day of the road trip, patience was wearing thin among some in our party "I'm sick of all these mediocre breweries." (when you're drinking Other Half at home on a daily basis, even very good breweries seem mediocre), "My dad must be an alcoholic, even if he only drinks eight ounces of beer a day when he's not on vacation. Now buy me another sugar drink."

Anyway, we stopped for lunch at Ever Grain in suburban Harrisburg on the way home. Food quality was well above the standard brewery fare, fruited sours and IPA's were top notch, and my other two thirds highly enjoyed the 90's hop hop. For a day, I was redeemed.

End of road trip. I think I'm making pasta and drinking wine tonight.

Space Freely

Yada

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10719 on: August 29, 2021, 01:48:49 pm »
Spent Saturday tubing the Shenandoah. Today I decided to forgo a visit to forum favorite Pen Druid so that we could be home earlier. Instead we visited *former* forum favorite Aslin in Herndon. Had not been to the new spot - ‘twas nice. Do not regret my decision.

Space Freely

« Reply #10720 on: August 30, 2021, 01:37:39 pm »
Spent Saturday tubing the Shenandoah. Today I decided to forgo a visit to forum favorite Pen Druid so that we could be home earlier. Instead we visited *former* forum favorite Aslin in Herndon. Had not been to the new spot - ‘twas nice. Do not regret my decision.

Where'd you go tubing? Commercial place of BYO?

I took Friday off and hiked White Oak Canyon bottom up to top waterfall. About 5.4 miles, maybe 1800 feet gain. 91 degrees but the 15 minutes spent in the lower falls made it all worth it.

Then stopped by Pen Druid. Had the wild ale they were blending with grape juice. Note to self: don't bother with beers blended with grape juice again.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10721 on: August 30, 2021, 03:52:38 pm »
Commercial. Shenandoah River Outfitters, I think?  Wife and I rented a place in Rileyville, 30 minutes or so from Pen Druid. I would like to go there someday, for sure.

« Reply #10722 on: August 30, 2021, 05:12:18 pm »
what we really want to know is, did you get the cooler tube too
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10723 on: August 31, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
Of course!  Why tube without one?