Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181844 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10725 on: August 31, 2021, 05:56:25 pm »
So what is the resale market on something like snallygaster?   do you think a lot of people will be trying to unload their tickets
slack

brennser

« Reply #10726 on: August 31, 2021, 06:00:23 pm »
brief tasting notes on my recent LA work trip

Bottle Logic - good stouts although probably couldn't drink more than 3 oz of any of them - ok mostly west coast ipas and a nice helles lager - staff were super friendly

Green Cheek - decent NEIPAs of their own + Pliny on tap

Highland Park - I really like the space and the vibe but the beers are just ok

Homage Brewing - this is their second location and about a 1 minute walk from Highland Park - I had an amazing blended barrel aged saison and an ok table beer

Mumford - I was here about 3 years ago and loved it but did not like anything on offer there this time around

Yada

« Reply #10727 on: August 31, 2021, 06:03:00 pm »
So what is the resale market on something like snallygaster?   do you think a lot of people will be trying to unload their tickets

I'm sure they'll be available here and there but why would there be a large resale market? Anyone buying tickets to that outdoor event probably has very little covid concerns.

Space Freely

« Reply #10728 on: August 31, 2021, 07:27:32 pm »
brief tasting notes on my recent LA work trip

Bottle Logic - good stouts although probably couldn't drink more than 3 oz of any of them - ok mostly west coast ipas and a nice helles lager - staff were super friendly

Green Cheek - decent NEIPAs of their own + Pliny on tap

Highland Park - I really like the space and the vibe but the beers are just ok

Homage Brewing - this is their second location and about a 1 minute walk from Highland Park - I had an amazing blended barrel aged saison and an ok table beer

Mumford - I was here about 3 years ago and loved it but did not like anything on offer there this time around

Wow you're tough. Of those, we only hit GC and HP. I liked the neipas at GC better than you  did. Agree on HP.

BL and Homage were closed on the days we were in their neighborhood. Wasn't interested in Mumford.

Space Freely

« Reply #10729 on: August 31, 2021, 07:29:37 pm »

I'm sure they'll be available here and there but why would there be a large resale market? Anyone buying tickets to that outdoor event probably has very little covid concerns.

Not sure if it's relevant info, but I think they said they were only selling half asany tix this year

« Reply #10730 on: September 03, 2021, 02:02:12 pm »

Why is this in the beer thread you say...the quote is actually by Samuel Adams, who owned a tavern in Boston, not john adams our 2nd president

Oh yeah this person didn't graduate high school, but has a vote in congress
slack

« Reply #10731 on: September 07, 2021, 10:29:17 am »
anyone doing the aslin 6 year party?

also they stole some IP from IMP  https://www.aslinbeer.com/friends-with-benefits
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10732 on: September 07, 2021, 10:44:49 am »
anyone doing the aslin 6 year party?

also they stole some IP from IMP  https://www.aslinbeer.com/friends-with-benefits

Isn't it about twice the price as Snallygaster, with a third as many breweries and no DC backdrop? But you do get sunglasses.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10733 on: September 08, 2021, 12:30:06 pm »
Sapwood Cellars Brewery

Tickets for our Third Anniversary Party on Saturday 9/25 are available now! $40 price includes a taster glass and ten 4-oz pours of vintage kegs, one-off variants, and new beers! https://sapwoodcellars.com/product/third-anniversary-party-tickets

Rather than deal with a mad rush or beers running out, we’re breaking the event into three 2.5 hour blocks (12:00-2:30 PM, 3:30-6:00 PM, and 7:00-9:30 PM). You can be there for the whole window, or just part of it. Included in the price you’ll get a 4 oz pour of all of the beers in a unique anniversary taster glass that is yours to keep.

Tentative Beer List:
1. BSCV (Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Coconut and Vanilla)
2. S’more Bourbon Barrel Stout
3. Growth Rings (3-Year Blend of Barrel Aged Pale Sours)
4. Cheater X3 (Triple IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy)
5. Mega-Juicius (Cheater X3 with Grapefruit, Orange, & Vanilla)
6. 2020 There Are No Edges (Port Barrel Vin de Cereale)
7. 2020 Order to Chaos #2 (Blend of Sour Red and Imperial Stout barrels)
8. Barrel-Aged Jousse (Pulpy Sour)
9. Stalks (Rhubarb Sour) with Strawberries
10. Simcoe Simpatico IPA
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10734 on: September 08, 2021, 04:53:25 pm »
Anybody heard of Implexum? Wild ales made in Maryland. Initial untappd scores look strong. Not sure how many 26 oz bottles of wild ale I need. 12oz bottles are better, even when I'm splitting.

https://www.facebook.com/implexumbeer/

Space Freely

« Reply #10735 on: September 08, 2021, 04:55:55 pm »
Sapwood Cellars Brewery

Tickets for our Third Anniversary Party on Saturday 9/25 are available now! $40 price includes a taster glass and ten 4-oz pours of vintage kegs, one-off variants, and new beers! https://sapwoodcellars.com/product/third-anniversary-party-tickets

Rather than deal with a mad rush or beers running out, we’re breaking the event into three 2.5 hour blocks (12:00-2:30 PM, 3:30-6:00 PM, and 7:00-9:30 PM). You can be there for the whole window, or just part of it. Included in the price you’ll get a 4 oz pour of all of the beers in a unique anniversary taster glass that is yours to keep.

Tentative Beer List:
1. BSCV (Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Coconut and Vanilla)
2. S’more Bourbon Barrel Stout
3. Growth Rings (3-Year Blend of Barrel Aged Pale Sours)
4. Cheater X3 (Triple IPA with Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy)
5. Mega-Juicius (Cheater X3 with Grapefruit, Orange, & Vanilla)
6. 2020 There Are No Edges (Port Barrel Vin de Cereale)
7. 2020 Order to Chaos #2 (Blend of Sour Red and Imperial Stout barrels)
8. Barrel-Aged Jousse (Pulpy Sour)
9. Stalks (Rhubarb Sour) with Strawberries
10. Simcoe Simpatico IPA

I would go to that, if I lived nearby. They really need to include sunglasses though.

« Reply #10736 on: September 08, 2021, 05:07:54 pm »
Anybody heard of Implexum? Wild ales made in Maryland. Initial untappd scores look strong. Not sure how many 26 oz bottles of wild ale I need. 12oz bottles are better, even when I'm splitting.

I'm sorry, but they are just geographically unattractive
what on earth would I be doing in Laurel MD...other than resting
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10737 on: September 08, 2021, 05:34:01 pm »

I'm sorry, but they are just geographically unattractive
what on earth would I be doing in Laurel MD...other than resting

Apparently they are a collaboration between some folks at Jailbreak (not a fan) and Evil Twin (they're ok, I guess.) Hence the Laurel (Jailbreak) location.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10738 on: September 08, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »
Only available at Jailbreak, I take it? And nothing until December.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10739 on: September 08, 2021, 07:08:38 pm »
I’d totally go to the Sapwood event but my wife can’t handle 10 4oz pours of that stuff. I guess I could drink half of hers.