Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182346 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11160 on: September 25, 2022, 09:19:18 am »
Spotted at Majestic Marketplace in Flagstaff, AZ: many fourpacks of Singlecut IPA's dated December 2020. Much of their IPA stock seems to be six months old or more.

Is that what they mean by aging your beer?

GAY,GUY

« Reply #11161 on: September 26, 2022, 10:46:09 am »
Speaking of IPAs . . . over the weekend, I went to a cute Craft Festival in WV! It was great weather and so wonderful to be out and about with incredible crafts / artwork for sale; plus, the various junk crap that was scattered amongst the aisles.  I am convinced that women have the best times at these things, with so much jewelry and clothes and beeswax candles and handmade wreaths with frilly foo foo stuff.

After about an hour, we got awesome beef-mexi bowls from a truck and sat in shaded bliss, listening to actual killer, live ole-time bluegrass music. They had a beer tent and two cute, local winery tents . . . so I went to get a beer, and they had a BLACK IPA!!!! I thought, too funny after just speaking about it here. 

It was damn incredible, and it was called Greenbrier Valley Brewing  Mothman Black IPA.  i am on the hunt!

The, end.

« Reply #11162 on: September 26, 2022, 11:06:38 am »
they've got some great art work on their cans...I think I've had mothman, I want to try batboy
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11163 on: September 26, 2022, 11:09:48 am »
Hope they licensed Bat Boys visage from Weekly World News.
LVMH

« Reply #11164 on: September 26, 2022, 11:15:14 am »
Hope they licensed Bat Boys visage from Weekly World News.
doubt it, but they should

and there is this It ceased print publication in August 2007

the plot thickens and Bat Boy LLC will be sending the cease and desist
In October 2008, Bat Boy L.L.C., a company started by Neil McGinness, bought WWN.[33] It was relaunched as an online-only publication in 2009. In January 2011, the Weekly World News was made available via an online paid subscription
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:17:57 am by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11165 on: October 03, 2022, 01:45:36 pm »
Got invited to a work social gathering at Denizens and of course I'll go....but there are at least a couple of better brewery options in Silver Spring in terms of beer quality, right?

I ask having never been to any of them, I just recall you guys talking about Silver Spring beer long ago.

Starsky

« Reply #11166 on: October 03, 2022, 01:56:17 pm »
Oh yea we rawked silver springs pre ween

Some place on Georgia ave

« Reply #11167 on: October 03, 2022, 02:03:39 pm »
Got invited to a work social gathering at Denizens and of course I'll go....but there are at least a couple of better brewery options in Silver Spring in terms of beer quality, right?

I ask having never been to any of them, I just recall you guys talking about Silver Spring beer long ago.
Astro Lab (not that far a walk from Denizens) and Silver branch.  AL is one of my area favs.  SB has gotten some great reviews, but I don't like it as much
AL  was the Pre-ween meetup spot
slack

Yada

« Reply #11168 on: October 03, 2022, 02:31:34 pm »
Hard to believe space isn't familiar,  but it sounds like your questions have been answered.

I for one haven't been a denizen of denizens since approximately 2015.

Edit: why are people that work in a gov office in southwest DC venturing to silver springs.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11169 on: October 03, 2022, 02:38:27 pm »
Edit: why are people that work in a gov office in southwest DC venturing to silver springs.
Do you not have an office job? Post-work events are always based around where the C-suite member who is “overseeing organizing” it lives not where the office is.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #11170 on: October 03, 2022, 02:42:33 pm »
Do you not have an office job? Post-work events are always based around where the C-suite member who is “overseeing organizing” it lives not where the office is.

I haven't worked in an office since probably 2015...however, any "work" events I attend are generally around where ever the office is located.

Also, do GS workers have C-Suite employees?

Space Freely

« Reply #11171 on: October 03, 2022, 02:45:47 pm »

Ding ding ding. Winning answer to Yada's question. Thoguh I don't know what a C-Suite is.

We haven't been in the office since the start of the pandemic. Nobody went back.

And thanks to Hatch and Yada for updating me on the Silver Spring beer scene. I have actually never been to any of the Silver Spring breweries, but what Hatch said seems to be what I would have guessed based on previous stuff I read here and elsewhere.

Shame they didn't pick Astrolab. It seems like unless someone is a beer snob, they always inevitably pick the worst place beerwise. Maybe Denizens is the most kid and dog friendly, which based on the invite seemed to be things that mattered?

Yada

« Reply #11172 on: October 03, 2022, 02:51:34 pm »

Ding ding ding. Winning answer to Yada's question. Thoguh I don't know what a C-Suite is.

We haven't been in the office since the start of the pandemic. Nobody went back.

And thanks to Hatch and Yada for updating me on the Silver Spring beer scene. I have actually never been to any of the Silver Spring breweries, but what Hatch said seems to be what I would have guessed based on previous stuff I read here and elsewhere.

Shame they didn't pick Astrolab. It seems like unless someone is a beer snob, they always inevitably pick the worst place beerwise. Maybe Denizens is the most kid and dog friendly, which based on the invite seemed to be things that mattered?

Once again, can't comment since I haven't been in 8 years, but 8 years ago it was baby friendly as in my child could sit in their stroller and stare at me as I drank their terrible beer.

If you can split off post event, you should have 3 to 9oz at Astrolab. It's about a football field or two length up the street... And then get underground pizza company across the street.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11173 on: October 03, 2022, 02:55:53 pm »
UPC is good if that's the kind of thing you like. Hidden gem is the Angry Jerk across the street. Fast casual Jamaican / Caribbean food. Stellar.

Space Freely

« Reply #11174 on: October 03, 2022, 02:57:50 pm »

Once again, can't comment since I haven't been in 8 years, but 8 years ago it was baby friendly as in my child could sit in their stroller and stare at me as I drank their terrible beer.

If you can split off post event, you should have 3 to 9oz at Astrolab. It's about a football field or two length up the street... And then get underground pizza company across the street.

Thanks. Yeah, I'd love to check out Astrolab. I'll see if the family members and dogs who choose to attend with me can be talked into an Astrolab visit as well.

Not really sure I want to see any beers that day, as it's the day after Snallygaster.

It will mark the first time seeing some of my coworkers in person since March 2020. And meeting some who have come on board for the first time since then in person.

They'll get to see me on the one day I'll be hungover this year.