Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183675 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11205 on: November 04, 2022, 01:28:54 pm »
this looks fun

although $35 is kinda pricy for two beers

Edit...little more
Ticket includes: a six-beer stout flight, two full pours of CHRONICLE and ENDLESS ODYSSEY, light snacks and an evening with two of the greatest minds in brewing.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11206 on: November 04, 2022, 05:17:55 pm »
this looks fun

although $35 is kinda pricy for two beers

Edit...little more
Ticket includes: a six-beer stout flight, two full pours of CHRONICLE and ENDLESS ODYSSEY, light snacks and an evening with two of the greatest minds in brewing.

who are the two minds?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11207 on: November 06, 2022, 07:01:44 pm »
Just popped in to BabyCat. Very chill, relaxed vibe...crowded for a Sunday night. Maybe its the opening surge. Will definitely return. Beer is quite serviceable but nothing special.

« Reply #11208 on: November 07, 2022, 11:34:15 am »
who are the two minds?
apparently people want to hear what they have to say as they are doing it a churchkey too
November 16 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Join ChurchKey on Wednesday, November 16th, for a book signing and panel discussion hosted by Ronald Pattinson, world-renowned beer historian and travel writer. Pattinson will be presenting excerpts from four of his books (Armistice! Brewing in WW I, The Home Brewer’s Guide to Vintage Beer, Mild! and Strong!). Each book will also be available for purchase. To celebrate this occasion, we will also be featuring 20 oz. pours of all cask beers for $5!
Pattinson is widely considered the quintessential authority on historical beer. He has authored over 60 books about beer, including classics such as, “The Home Brewer’s Guide to Vintage Beer: Rediscovered Recipes for Classic Brews Dating from 1800 to 1965”, “Lager!”, “Decoction!”, and the “1909 Beer Style Guide”. He also continues to update his popular blog, “Shut Up About Barclay Perkins”.
Joining us as a moderator for the panel discussion will be Michael Stein, a noted local educator, brewer, author, and historian. Stein is President of Lost Lagers, DC’s premier beverage research firm; Senior Staff Writer at DCBeer.com; a James Beard Media Award Finalist; and a North American Guild of Beer Writers award winner.
The panel discussion begins in ChurchKey at 7 PM. There is no admission fee for this event. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
https://dcbeer.com/.../an-evening-with-beer-historian.../
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11209 on: November 08, 2022, 09:06:48 am »
Not going, but hot brewery list.

shemptiness

« Reply #11210 on: November 08, 2022, 11:23:36 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11211 on: November 08, 2022, 12:29:01 pm »

Bunch of Azahgal hoborock bands. Never heard of any of these guys. Pass.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #11212 on: November 08, 2022, 12:38:00 pm »
LOL ^

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11213 on: November 08, 2022, 02:22:41 pm »

you're just jealous because you discovered them so late in the game.  i was into them before they tapped their first commercial keg.

(LOL indeed!)

on a vaguely more serious note: which of these breweries would you be lining up for?  what's the latest hotness?
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11214 on: November 08, 2022, 03:29:47 pm »

you're just jealous because you discovered them so late in the game.  i was into them before they tapped their first commercial keg.

(LOL indeed!)

on a vaguely more serious note: which of these breweries would you be lining up for?  what's the latest hotness?

I don't know about lining up for anything, but it is a quality list. I count 17 of them whose taprooms I've visited.

I'm willing to bet the worst on that list is Vanish.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11215 on: November 09, 2022, 02:08:14 am »
my little town with a population of under 8,000 has one brewery.  i love the place, it's a great hangout, i always bump into folks that i know no matter when i drop in.  definitely has a small-town vibe.  they make mostly hoppy beers (excellent!) and have at least one sour on tap so this camper is always happy with their selection.  they opened just before the pandemic but someone managed to pull through.  the main brewer is a delightful guy and is always generous with me (gives me yeast, tastes from barrels, etc.). 

so i was overjoyed when i learned that this past weekend, at the annual Washington State Beer Awards, our little local beer-making joint won a gold medal for their berliner weisse ;D  our little baby, all grown up...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11216 on: November 11, 2022, 06:04:50 pm »
One cent beers for all veterans today at Cushwa. Only the first one.

« Reply #11217 on: November 11, 2022, 06:07:39 pm »
come back in with a new disguise each time
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11218 on: November 11, 2022, 06:30:54 pm »
Just keep cycling thru different branches of service uniforms. Stolen valor and stolen beer.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #11219 on: November 11, 2022, 06:48:44 pm »

Going there tomorrow, after a family hike. Thankfully the offer is today only, so won't be as crowded. So I hope.