Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3206057 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11355 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:43 am »
That’s great.  Would be interesting to know what they paid and what they sold it back for

Not back to the original owner. but shades of this story.

I thought the original sale of Ballast Point to Constellation for a billion in 2015 had to be one of the biggest swindles of all time.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/ballast-point-sold-kings-convicts-wine-group

« Reply #11356 on: May 22, 2023, 08:52:42 am »
That’s great.  Would be interesting to know what they paid and what they sold it back for

I thought the original sale of Ballast Point to Constellation for a billion in 2015 had to be one of the biggest swindles of all time.

I assume the owners of Ballast were the ones who pulled off the swindle?
would love to have a VH1 style of "Where are they now"

edit: $900 million less yowza that must have been hard to cover that loss on the old PandL
TBH it sold fairly well for being one of the first $12 six packs out there, for some reason always saw a lot of frat-type dudes buying it  (rather than the typical beared balding pear)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:55:54 am by SideUAPhatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #11357 on: May 22, 2023, 09:12:35 am »

edit: $900 million less yowza that must have been hard to cover that loss on the old PandL
TBH it sold fairly well for being one of the first $12 six packs out there, for some reason always saw a lot of frat-type dudes buying it  (rather than the typical beared balding pear)

I feel like Sculplin like you said, was one of the first say post two hearted/60 min that was easily accessible... not sure I'd pin a certain buyer on it, but assuming you liked "good" beer, a high abv, and liked to get crunked up... It was the best choice 10+ years ago.

shemptiness

« Reply #11358 on: May 22, 2023, 04:42:54 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11359 on: May 22, 2023, 05:47:06 pm »
New York City???

« Reply #11360 on: May 27, 2023, 05:21:30 pm »
So using the space value per oz formula… what price would a case of bud light need to go for to appear in his fridge

Bud Light 24-packs going for $3.49 as sales tank during Dylan Mulvaney boycott

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11361 on: May 27, 2023, 07:05:04 pm »
I'm having dinner at the Mellow Mushroom in Chantilly where a draft pour of Guinness is $9 and a draft pour of  Monkish DIPA is $4. Would have bet it was a typo, but it's not. I'll br having two. Xhheers.

Yada

« Reply #11362 on: May 27, 2023, 07:34:11 pm »
I'm having dinner at the Mellow Mushroom in Chantilly where a draft pour of Guinness is $9 and a draft pour of  Monkish DIPA is $4. Would have bet it was a typo, but it's not. I'll br having two. Xhheers.

Why are you in Chantilly

Space Freely

« Reply #11363 on: May 27, 2023, 07:42:49 pm »

I feel like Sculplin like you said, was one of the first say post two hearted/60 min that was easily accessible... not sure I'd pin a certain buyer on it, but assuming you liked "good" beer, a high abv, and liked to get crunked up... It was the best choice 10+ years ago.

Heading home from Shenandoah. Haven't been to a Mellow Mushroom in 10 years and probably won't for another 10. Thought id give it a try again ,five minutes off 66. Did notice they had a good beer selection, didn't notice the Monkish special til we got here. Glad we sat inside, the Goo Goo Dolls beats The guy outside playing love Jimmy Buffett.

Space Freely

« Reply #11364 on: May 30, 2023, 12:24:58 pm »
My brother is making a stop at Tree House en route to a vacation destination. It's his first time at Tree House. So he's buying a bunch of beer to bring home, right?

Wrong. "Oh, I'll probably get a four back of Julius and a four pack of Green."

He's doing it wrong, right? I mean, I brought home a variety case, a stout four pack, and a couple of snifters (as well as a second variety case that a MA friend gifted us.) We were drinking the damn stuff for six months.

He agreed to grab some for me too. Is it obnoxious to ask him to get more for me that he gets for himself? Caveat: I won't be able to pick it up from him until 9.5 weeks after his purchase, so wouldn't ask him to get too much more (at least in terms of hazies) anyway.

« Reply #11365 on: May 30, 2023, 12:30:19 pm »
a variety case, a stout four pack, and a couple of snifters
whoa, that must have set you back $150 clams (although don't know how many are in a 'case'...used to mean 24 12oz cans)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11366 on: May 30, 2023, 12:59:38 pm »
a variety case, a stout four pack, and a couple of snifters
whoa, that must have set you back $150 clams (although don't know how many are in a 'case'...used to mean 24 12oz cans)

Yeah, about that. There two current hazy variety cases are $110 and $125. That's 24 16 oz cans. So six four packs. Certainly in line with or less than what numerous other inferior breweries charge. Heck, a four pack of Green or Julius is only $15.20. I don't think there are any discounts for getting a case, the bonus is you're getting the variety, and sometimes you get obscure stuff that they aren't selling in four packs.

Plus, the one time I was there was at the start of the pandemic, and buying a mixed variety pack was the only option for the hazies. Though the sold some of the non-hazies in four packs.

https://orders.treehousebrew.com/oa/order/menu

Yada

« Reply #11367 on: May 30, 2023, 01:04:27 pm »
Can't speak for 9.5 week old hazies, but I did just get a case of Suarez cans.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:18:58 pm by Yada »

Space Freely

« Reply #11368 on: May 30, 2023, 01:14:33 pm »
Can't speak for 9.5 week old habits, but I did just get a case of Suarez cans.

I think Suarez is 45 mins off his travel path, and Fidens is 15. If it were me, I'd be hitting both of them.

What did the case of Suarez cost you?

Yada

« Reply #11369 on: May 30, 2023, 01:20:00 pm »
Can't speak for 9.5 week old habits, but I did just get a case of Suarez cans.

I think Suarez is 45 mins off his travel path, and Fidens is 15. If it were me, I'd be hitting both of them.

What did the case of Suarez cost you?

$115 + Shipping