Author Topic: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???  (Read 66044 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:49:37 pm »
according to the e-mail blast, links for tickets for shows in the new year point to ticketfly.com (ex: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/2131)

the club isn't listed on the site's front page... yet.

t'is all news to me.
<sig>

hannnah

Re: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »
I was just searching to see if there's been any mention of ticketfly before now, and there hasn't.  Wonder what messed up the deal with tickets.com?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:17:57 pm »
I was just searching to see if there's been any mention of ticketfly before now, and there hasn't.  Wonder what messed up the deal with tickets.com?

Excessive surcharges?

Let's hope this is a good move for all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Seth is a smart business man and while he works for 'profits', he also knows that he depends on a whole lot of others, along with one totally fucked up economically depressed country. Now let's hope this plays out in everyone's favor.

eltee

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:08:57 pm »
I did a test: 1 ticket to Talib Kweli and Friends at Brooklyn Bowl. Ticket is $10, no charge for standard mail, no order processing fee, a $3 service fee. I didn't put in my c/c info, so I can't confirm there are add'l charges after that (as there is w/ tickets.com after entering c/c).
I'm guessing (hoping!) there are not since the three basic fees are already listed.
Standard mail was the only option.
Two tickets to the above added another $3 service fee, totaling $26.

When I put in for a ticket to Johnny Brenda's: service fee is $2.50, no processing fee, and no charge for will call. (will call only)

If 9:30 has the one service fee and it's below $4 - I will be celebrating Christmas early this year.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 01:17:17 am »
Yeah, has to be a service charge issue.

Tickets.com got just as absurd as TM.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:35:46 am »
Tried Raveonettes @ Bimbo's SF

General Admission Service Fee
$25.00 x 1 $4.88 x 1  = $29.88

that's only slightly better than tickets.com. I bet $30 tickets have higher service fees.

I did a test: 1 ticket to Talib Kweli and Friends at Brooklyn Bowl. Ticket is $10, no charge for standard mail, no order processing fee, a $3 service fee. I didn't put in my c/c info, so I can't confirm there are add'l charges after that (as there is w/ tickets.com after entering c/c).
I'm guessing (hoping!) there are not since the three basic fees are already listed.

When I put in for a ticket to Johnny Brenda's: service fee is $2.50, no processing fee, and no charge for will call. (will call only)

If 9:30 has the one service fee and it's below $4 - I will be celebrating Christmas early this year.
(_|_)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:06:10 am »
Tried Raveonettes @ Bimbo's SF

General Admission Service Fee
$25.00 x 1 $4.88 x 1  = $29.88

that's only slightly better than tickets.com. I bet $30 tickets have higher service fees.

But don't forget that after the service fee, you still had to pay an additional $4 for mailing your ticket or for even having them held at will call.  So this definitely looks better thank tickets.com so far

PLUS this site lets you know BEFORE tix go on sale how much they will cost, which is also an improvement over tickets.com

I was wondering why there'd been a delay in announcing shows for 2010.  We had the first announcement for 2009 shows in Sept of 2008.  I guess they were finalizing the ticketfly deal or something or maybe weren't allowed to announce before a certain date.
PANTS

jonblaze

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:12:51 am »
A $30 Gogol Bordello ticket comes with a $6 service fee and a $4 order processing fee.  Standard shipping is "generously" listed as "no charge."  So, in the end, a 33% markup over face value - at least for one ticket.

Driveway

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 11:13:18 am »
I recently bought a $12 ticket to a show at the Knitting Factory (which is apparently in Brooklyn now).
There was a $3 fee, $0 for processing and free will call.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 11:24:05 am »
A $30 Gogol Bordello ticket comes with a $6 service fee and a $4 order processing fee.  Standard shipping is "generously" listed as "no charge."  So, in the end, a 33% markup over face value - at least for one ticket.

That's basically the same as it would be with tickets.com

LAME

ah well.  Had my hopes up there for a minute.  Guess I'll keep buying most tickets at the box office, assuming they continue to offer them there with no or low ($1) fees.

In other news, DC9 has gone to ticketalternative starting with shows in December :)
PANTS

dave24

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 11:54:41 am »
There are two things I really don't like about this so far:

1) There's no place to register your information.  Everytime you want to buy a ticket via Ticketfly.com you'll have to enter all of your information manually. 

2) There's no shopping cart feature.  I can't add a second event to an order.  This also ties in with the first complaint.  If I want to buy tickets for two shows, I have to manually enter my information twice.

I'm sure there's more to flesh out here.  But these are two of the first things I've noticed that I dislike.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:58:38 am »

1) There's no place to register your information.  Everytime you want to buy a ticket via Ticketfly.com you'll have to enter all of your information manually. 

2) There's no shopping cart feature.  I can't add a second event to an order.  This also ties in with the first complaint.  If I want to buy tickets for two shows, I have to manually enter my information twice.

I'm sure there's more to flesh out here.  But these are two of the first things I've noticed that I dislike.

Oh boo to those things, too!  TicketAlternative has both of these things.  So far, so not good.   :P
PANTS

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 12:06:59 pm »
Weak.
احمد

eltee

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 12:33:48 pm »

I wondered if there was account registration - I didn't see it on first glance. Makes trying to get tickets when the window opens for an in-demand show, even harder.

Regarding no shopping cart:  I guess this means you can't make a bulk order (of different show tickets) and thus, have to pay processing/service fees for each?

I will be patient for announcements, but truly, things are so expensive already, I was hoping for some relief. People will come and buy online more often if things are cheaper.  I'm pretty jealous of other venues that have no processing fees. (see my test)

district2020

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 12:39:07 pm »
 >:(

Apologies for starting another thread.  This was originally about the switch...mine was more about the outrageous charge I was almost stuck with this morning:

I was purchasing a ticket this morning to an upcoming 9:30 show on ticketfly.   All was well until I got to the payment screen.  Did a doubletake @ the fees.  Service fee + order processing fee = additional 43% of the ticket price.

!

Mind you, this is a WILL CALL TICKET!

Is it me or this ticketing FAIL?  Anyone?  Bueller?

(Ticket was $20, surcharges were almost $9, FYI)

I'd LOVE to give them a chance...without an additional 43% tacked onto the ticket.  Mind you, I would be paying for the ticket, PLUS an additional 43% of the ticket. 

I was trying to purchase one ticket to La Roux.  In fact, I was getting all my friends to buy tickets.  Huge HUGE fan.  But when I saw this, I actually stopped and emailed/facebooked my friends telling them that I was no longer going to buy a ticket. 

43%!!!  Will call!

Can you imagine yourself going to a movie or a play or a sporting event & being required to pay an additional 43% for event?   How is this okay?