Author Topic: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???  (Read 66460 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 08:17:00 pm »
As long as the servers hold-up during the extra-busy on-sale dates, everything else is gravy.

i wouldn't hold my breath on that one.  ticketfly's MO is to make things easier and better for the promoter/venue operator.  concern for the customer appears to be a secondary concern - not absent, but secondary.

why spend $2M on IT infrastructure to be able to deal with 4 or 5 "big" shows/year, when you can handle the vast majority of the demand with $1M in infrastructure?

in the TC thread, i asked "i wonder if this is how ticketfly will handle big onsales - have the tickets trickle out throughout the day?  "if at first sold out, check check again"..."
<sig>

Davyboy

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 11:26:37 am »
Just bought my Dropkick tix. No more prepaid parking passes available with ticketfly?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 02:16:18 pm »
Just bought my Dropkick tix. No more prepaid parking passes available with ticketfly?

you could add parking when ordering thievery tix

(hello from 33,000 feet)
<sig>

Davyboy

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 04:08:28 pm »

you could add parking when ordering thievery tix

(hello from 33,000 feet)

Hmmm...... Did not see that option for the Dropkick.

ggw

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 04:23:43 pm »
Dreskin was the brains behind that Field Day fiasco a few years back when he organized and sold tickets to a two-day festival on Long Island that he forgot to get the right permit for.  He made his dough when he sold TicketWeb to TicketMaster for $35mn in 2000.  There is also a bit of contention about his calling himself "co-founder" of TicketWeb.  He was actually hired the year after the company was founded.  But he did successfully get the original founder fired from the company so I guess he can call himself "co-founder".

eltee

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 11:06:47 am »
Sorry to bring up a dreaded thread. Wanting to buy different show tickets with one click. Is this correct: Ticketfly [still] does not bulk orders together?
Tickets.com  one could "continue shopping". Also, wasn't only one transaction fee applied to the bulk?

Darth Ed

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2010, 01:24:58 pm »
As I recall, at Tickets.com, combining tickets from multiple shows into one order resulted in identical "convenience" surcharges, but the shipping surcharge was the same as for one ticket. So, you saved on shipping, but that's it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »
I'm gonna bitch about something, too.

Does anybody else find the way the ticket prices are displayed both on the TF site and the club site a little obnoxious?

$10-$25 for example. Yeah the $10 almost always means parking ticket but does that always have to be shown? It wasn't when the club was using tickets.com.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 01:50:50 pm »
agreed.  annoying.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2010, 04:12:05 pm »
I can't find a past receipt to verify. I do remember asking a question of mgmt. and they reminded me to bulk my order to avoid multiple fees...I just can't remember if it was service / trans. Anyway, Seth, will this be an option in the future to bulk orders together and if so, will it allow us to bulk at least one of the fees?
And, thanks for the free will call / mailing - at least the shows I looked at they were free.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 04:34:00 pm »
And, thanks for the free will call / mailing - at least the shows I looked at they were free.

i suppose you could call them "free", but i suspect the truth is that these fees have been rolled in to the Service Fee and Order Processing fee. 

tickets haven't gotten any cheaper under ticketfly, so those fees are still lurking in their somewhere, or have been replaced by something equivalent.  take your pick.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »
I agree...but... Example: $10 in fees on a $20 ticket is a bit much, but close to the old costs, give or take, and without pick-up or shipping fees, is still less than TM/LN. 
I'd rather not digress into that discussion unless I can see the exact charges from an old Tickets.com receipt.
I'm appreciative b/c I thought when the switchover first occurred, there were shipping costs? Can't win. The people who criticize some of us who question the fees, eventually end up criticizing the system when they can.
So, yes, thanks to Seth if you did cut out the add'l shipping / pick-up fees. I still would like to know if we can bulk order and if it cuts one of the costs or applies a certain percentage per total order, that would help. Thanks. :)

azaghal1981

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »
Fixed! Thanks.

I'm gonna bitch about something, too.

Does anybody else find the way the ticket prices are displayed both on the TF site and the club site a little obnoxious?

$10-$25 for example. Yeah the $10 almost always means parking ticket but does that always have to be shown? It wasn't when the club was using tickets.com.

احمد

hemisphire

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2010, 05:07:03 pm »
MPP goes with Ticketfly as well:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/clicktrack/2010/02/local_news_merriweather_partne.html

not too surprising, although i worry about the system's ability to handle big surges.  the spoon onsale - a lot smaller than a big-demand MPP concert - was a sh*t-show.  will it be more cases of tickets being slowly released over time, with lots of timing outs and false "show sold out" messages while you wait?  will MMJ be TF's Phish?

the article states "Merriweather Post Pavilion will kick off its 2010 season with a new partnership that promises save local concert-goers some cash."  yeah, well, that's hasn't happened for 930 tix - they're just as expensive now as they were with tickets.com.  the statement makes for some good marketing, but i'm skeptical.  i look forward to be proven wrong.
<sig>