Author Topic: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???  (Read 66481 times)

betao

Re: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »
Maybe they mean that the fees will so extraordinarily high that concert-goers won't want to buy tickets.

Thus, cash = saved.

shemptiness

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 05:35:51 pm »
"We're like the Goldman family in the O.J. trial," Hurwitz said. "The government didn't help, so we're taking matters into our own hands."

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 07:22:54 am »
As you may recall, I made it clear that the switch at 930 was not going to lower service charges there

this will lower them significantly at MPP

betao

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »
We understand Seth. We'll pay what we have to for good shows. BTW, congratulations for the pollstar nomination. The club should've won that!

Speaking of good shows, have you seen the Hey Seth thread lately?  ;)

eltee

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 09:30:28 pm »
"We're like the Goldman family in the O.J. trial," Hurwitz said. "The government didn't help, so we're taking matters into our own hands."
Is this quote for real? Didn't Hulk Hogan remind everyone - don't compare anything to OJ or his trial - ever.

Wish people would make some more comments directly at The Post blog...

azaghal1981

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »
Who will handle I.M.P.'s DAR shows? Will that continue to be TM?
احمد

siggy14

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2010, 11:02:57 am »
I find it funny that you wouldn?t want to lower the service charges in order to help the people that keep your club alive. I also find it sad the charges that are applied.

Example

Was going to buy 2 Tickets to the Never shout never show and purchase parking.

Tickets 2x$15=$30
Parking 1x$10=$10
Service Fee for tickets 2x$4.75= $9.50
Service Fee for Parking 1x $3.50= $3.50
Order Processing $4.00

Totals
$40 dollars to park and 2 tickets
$17 dollars in Service and processing fees
Total= $57

First off this is where the ticket industry is messed up, the service fee should cover the order processing and that extra $4.00 charge should be eliminated. Second why are they charging another service fee for parking, like other events it should be included in ticket price, I understand 9:30 just cant accommodate for that many cars, but at least make sure they don?t charge a service fee for it.

It is because of all these fees that I have probably cut down 90% of my concert going at 930 club, and when I do go to a show I just find off street parking, would rather spend ten minutes walking from my car to the club then spend $13.50 to park in a fenced off parking lot.

If I read the statement right, I also don?t understand the $1 service charge of buying tickets at the club in advance and no service charge night of the show. Every other club I have been too it has been opposite, no service charge at all if bought at the club in advance and extra $2 to $5 the night of the show depending on ticket price. Why would you punish concert goers for buying their tickets in advance?

As you may recall, I made it clear that the switch at 930 was not going to lower service charges there

James Ford

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2010, 11:11:51 am »
I find it funny that you wouldn?t want to lower the service charges in order to help the people that keep your club alive. I also find it sad the charges that are applied.

Example

Tickets 2x$15=$30
Parking 1x$10=$10
Order Processing $4.00

Totals
Total= $57

First off this is where the ticket industry is messed up, the service fee should cover the order processing and that extra $4.00 charge should be eliminated. Second why are they charging another service fee for parking, like other events it should be included in ticket price, I understand 9:30 just cant accommodate for that many cars, but at least make sure they don?t charge a service fee for it.

It is because of all these fees that I have probably cut down 90% of my concert going at 930 club, and when I do go to a show I just find off street parking, would rather spend ten minutes walking from my car to the club then spend $13.50 to park in a fenced off parking lot.

If I read the statement right, I also don?t understand the $1 service charge of buying tickets at the club in advance and no service charge night of the show. Every other club I have been too it has been opposite, no service charge at all if bought at the club in advance and extra $2 to $5 the night of the show depending on ticket price. Why would you punish concert goers for buying their tickets in advance?

I'll let sweetcell dissect and refute your argument point by point, which he will surely take work time to do. And i'll let azag call you a douchebag, which he will surely do.

As for my response, I will laugh loudly that you are going to see this person:

Never Shout Never is a one-man band featuring Christofer Drew Ingle, a Missouri native whose songs straddle the border between emo and acoustic singer/songwriter fare. A product of the digital age, Ingle originally built a fan base by posting his bright, soul-baring music to the Internet. After averaging over 15,000 online plays a day, he made Never Shout Never legitimate in 2008 by releasing his first recording, the Yippee EP. The Hot Topic clothing chain featured Yippee in its stores, and an appearance on MTV's TRL helped promote it. Several months later, Ingle entered the recording studio with veteran producer Butch Walker to record a full album, What Is Love?, which cracked the Top 40 upon its release in early 2010.

allmusic review:

An emo album with an acoustic twist, What Is Love? marks the debut of 18-year-old songwriter Christofer Ingle. Like Adam Young ? the sole member of Owl City ? Ingle launched his one-man band by promoting the songs on MySpace, where his tales of angst and adolescent love found an appropriately teenaged audience. While Owl City proved to be heavily ? perhaps excessively ? influenced by the Postal Service, though, Ingle does a better job blurring the line between his influences and his own music, coming up with a sound that owes equally to Jason Mraz, the Honorary Title, and the Early November. Producer Butch Walker, no stranger to one-man bands himself, rounds out the mix by adding vocal harmonies, orchestral instruments, and finger snaps. The result is a breezy, commercial record ? indeed, What Is Love? charted at number 24 during its first week of release ? but the bulk of the album is flawed at best, its eight songs rarely venturing outside the unholy trinity of Hot Topic mall culture, LiveJournal blog entries, and the influence of C-list Warped Tour bands. Ingle's ability to write a pop melody is promising, perhaps, yet it's too hampered by nasal vocals to make much of an impression, and the album?s short running time proves to be one of its biggest assets.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

azaghal1981

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:15 am »
You're a douchebag and your taste sucks.

Next!
احمد

siggy14

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:23 am »
That is the artist, not the tour, I was gonna goto the tour, but even if it was the artist.

Example

Tickets 2x$15=$30
Parking 1x$10=$10
Order Processing $4.00

Totals
Total= $57

I'll let sweetcell dissect and refute your argument point by point, which he will surely take work time to do. And i'll let azag call you a douchebag, which he will surely do.

As for my response, I will laugh loudly that you are going to see this person:

Never Shout Never is a one-man band featuring Christofer Drew Ingle, a Missouri native whose songs straddle the border between emo and acoustic singer/songwriter fare. A product of the digital age, Ingle originally built a fan base by posting his bright, soul-baring music to the Internet. After averaging over 15,000 online plays a day, he made Never Shout Never legitimate in 2008 by releasing his first recording, the Yippee EP. The Hot Topic clothing chain featured Yippee in its stores, and an appearance on MTV's TRL helped promote it. Several months later, Ingle entered the recording studio with veteran producer Butch Walker to record a full album, What Is Love?, which cracked the Top 40 upon its release in early 2010.

allmusic review:

An emo album with an acoustic twist, What Is Love? marks the debut of 18-year-old songwriter Christofer Ingle. Like Adam Young ? the sole member of Owl City ? Ingle launched his one-man band by promoting the songs on MySpace, where his tales of angst and adolescent love found an appropriately teenaged audience. While Owl City proved to be heavily ? perhaps excessively ? influenced by the Postal Service, though, Ingle does a better job blurring the line between his influences and his own music, coming up with a sound that owes equally to Jason Mraz, the Honorary Title, and the Early November. Producer Butch Walker, no stranger to one-man bands himself, rounds out the mix by adding vocal harmonies, orchestral instruments, and finger snaps. The result is a breezy, commercial record ? indeed, What Is Love? charted at number 24 during its first week of release ? but the bulk of the album is flawed at best, its eight songs rarely venturing outside the unholy trinity of Hot Topic mall culture, LiveJournal blog entries, and the influence of C-list Warped Tour bands. Ingle's ability to write a pop melody is promising, perhaps, yet it's too hampered by nasal vocals to make much of an impression, and the album?s short running time proves to be one of its biggest assets.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 02:55:20 pm »
I'll let sweetcell dissect and refute your argument point by point

awww, you know me so well. 

reading that post i came up with a ton of things to ridicule (90% reduction in attendance?  really?), but this kid isn't worth it.  logic and reason seem to have little room in this person's outlook.  let him/her vent.  we can all agree that fees are high, apparently this person hasn't worked out how to avoid them, or can't attach a value to them... or that he/she should vote with their wallet.  all things that have been said here a million times before.

(p.s. one insight for you, siggy14: tickets are cheaper at the 930 on day of the show b/c if there are still tickets left right before the show, the club wants to be sure to sell them.  some clubs believe in punishing day-of ticket purchasers by charging extra, why not go bitch them out instead?)
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »
Second why are they charging another service fee for parking, like other events it should be included in ticket price, I understand 9:30 just cant accommodate for that many cars, but at least make sure they don’t charge a service fee for it.
I'm going to avoid pointing out the ridiculous logical fallacies throughout the rest of this person's argument (since I've already ripped to shreds 100 other idiots who want to argue "the fees are too high," and "too high a percentage of the ticket cost") and just focus on this.

What? What venue do you know has on-site parking and doesn't charge you for it? Nissan (er, um, Jiffy Lube Live) and Merriweather have on-site parking and yes, it's "included" in the ticket cost. And by "included" I mean there's the stated ticket face value and you are mandated to pay $8.00 extra or however much whether or not you park there. That is not a better system. 930 Club, instead, offers a lot that you absolutely do not have to park in, but is an option. To the best of my knowledge, the lot has never sold-out in advance. Why not simply show up day-of the show with $10 and get into the lot with absolutely no fees added onto it? Or drive to the venue before the day of the show and buy your parking pass service charge free at the box office? But, yes, if you're too lazy for either of those options, I'm not going to feel bad you're charged a $4.00 convenience charge for the convenience of sitting on your rear.

walkonby

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:38 am »
the service fee is too keep the locals from smashing your car windows in and stealing your shit to sell at a pawn shop for crack.  they even need to have a cop in the lot to keep the locals away.  so the fee is a "fuck you, locals" fee.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 11:48:08 am »
just occurred to me: this "never say never" dude will probably not sell out the club.  thus, siggy14 could walk up to the club on the night of the show and buy tickets.  this would allow him/her to avoid fees, and get cheap day-of tickets (which he/she ironically complained about).  BRILLIANT.

and to pile on to james ford's observations... wonder what this "never say never" dude looks like?

that's right - part emo, all douchebag.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2010, 11:58:50 am »
"that's right - part emo, all douchebag." . . . . doesn't that just about sum up the youth of today.  he will sell out.  his hair will sell half the tickets itself.