Author Topic: Ok who's snowed in?  (Read 11866 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Ok who's snowed in?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »
Damn I drive an Accord!  Actually I fear the douche bags who think that simply driving a 4WD makes them a better driver, one good enough to go out in the show.  If you don't have the skills to drive in the snow, no manner of vehicle will give it to you!  :)  If roads are not passable I don't go out.  If so I have no problem driving.
FUKIT

Cali

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 03:01:02 pm »
its not too bad in my neighborhood, well the main roads anyway, but everyone is staying in

we only have like maybe 9 inches in dc but everything is pretty much shut down, but then again the city shuts down with only 2 inches of snow so...

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 03:02:38 pm »
i live in the mountains.  the end.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 03:10:51 pm »
OK it seems to have stopped snowing in the west end of Richmond (Short Pump, Henrico County), but for my zip code NWS is calling for another 2-4 hours of snow later on this evening.  Oh well to hell with it, I'm going to take a shwoer and head out for a while.  That sledding trip is in the offing!
FUKIT

yohansen5b

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 03:30:37 pm »
i stayed in dc overnight with the ladyfriend.  we woke up to about 8 inches near the capital.  against the condescending attitude of the hotel staff, we drove back to falls church around noon.  the roads are bad and dc is a ghost town.  we made it home safely but encountered plenty of assholes in SUVs. 

stay safe, everyone!

Cali

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 03:32:46 pm »
metro has closed the above ground stations....

killsaly

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 05:00:24 pm »
We definitely got plenty in College Park.  Time to take the dog out to get tired running through all of this.

serpent boy

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 05:00:53 pm »
My wife had to work for a few hours at the eerily empty Montgomery (Westfield) Mall in Bethesda this morning, and we were lucky to make it back home 3 miles away. I ended up in two snow piles: one trying to exit on River Rd and the other just outside of our apartment building. I couldn't even reach our parking spot.

It's atrocious out there, and I never say that since I grew up in North Dakota.

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 05:23:51 pm »
60 degrees and partly sunny today - not sure what the fuss is about.  I was thinking of going for a run on the beach after I finish this episode of Gossip Girl....
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 05:48:58 pm »
BORING! YAWN!  :D

60 degrees and partly sunny today - not sure what the fuss is about.  I was thinking of going for a run on the beach after I finish this episode of Gossip Girl....
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 05:56:04 pm »
Dear Mr. Sunshine,

Would you please come out and play? We could use your bright, sunny smile and some global warming.

Brrrrrrrrr.......

I'm freezing!!!!

Faithfully yours;
Jaguar

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 08:01:44 pm »
@BlackCatDC  thus twat:  ermm, punk what? #snOMG claims another victim. WE'RE CLOSED TONIGHT. as in, not opening. at all.
😐 🎶

wml7

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 08:13:28 pm »
what?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 11:37:10 pm »
Took my son out to go sledding today.  We get to CCV and there is a big ass banner hanging up that says NO SLEDDING.  WTF?  Damn blue blood CC snobs!  Well we drove over to south side and hit Forrest Hill park.  Steven had a great time freezing his ass off and getting soaked in the snow.  We are all back home safe and sound now in front of the fire place watching a movie.
FUKIT

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 11:55:44 pm »
RatB -- are you a CCV member???