Author Topic: Ok who's snowed in?  (Read 11869 times)

wml7

Ok who's snowed in?
« on: December 19, 2009, 09:50:42 am »
There is like 16 inches of snow in front of my door and it's still coming down heavy.  I hope everyone got their xmas shopping done  ;D

betao

Re: Ok who's snowed in?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:01:51 am »
We've apparently got over a foot here in Richmond. And yeah it's still coming down. We havent had a snow like this since at least 2004.

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 11:24:36 am »
Today was the day I was supposed to move.  Thankfully we didn't hire movers...we just got friends to help, so canceling wasn't too bad.  So far, I think we've had about 6 inches in Alexandria, but it's still coming down like mad.

Now instead I'm playing in the snow with my dog and drinking to stay warm.  Not a bad trade off.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:42:26 am »
We've apparently got over a foot here in Richmond. And yeah it's still coming down. We havent had a snow like this since at least 2004.
Easily. We walked over to Byrd park with a bunch of cardboard boxes and went "sledding" this morning. It was fun. Kinda weird crossing the bridge over Downtown Expressway and looking down and seeing absolutely no sign of a road.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:27:08 pm »
I'm still deciding whether to drive from Richmond to California, MD this evening.  Not sure what the main roads and interstate look but that will be the deciding factor.  I woke up a few minutes ago and my kids had shoveled the front walk and a path all the way down the driveway to the street.  I think they had ulterior motives as in them wanting me to drive them to the country club where there is great sledding.
FUKIT

wml7

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 12:33:45 pm »
I think the main roads are passable but I know the backroads haven't been touched yet here in Cville and won't be until at least tomorrow.  Safe travels if you decide to venture out  ;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 12:52:22 pm »
I just noticed that the morning show at the club has been postponed.  I'm wondering now if tonight's show will be as well.  As far as the trip to MD goes, I've never been to that part of the state and I have no idea how much of it is on roads that have yet to be plowed.  Anyone here know the general area of California, MD and what to expect as far as driving there today?  I'll probably come up through DC take the beltway around and then down to my destination, unless there would be a better way.
FUKIT

wml7

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 12:54:12 pm »
What show is it??  I think all shows and what not would be canceled tonight

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 12:55:44 pm »
OK no word yet on the show in MD.  Its my friend's band (Bobaflex).  They are in Point Pleasant, WV so I am kind of wondering if they can ever make it out since I have heard rumors of over two feet of snow in WV.  Anyway, I think I am going to venture out for  a while and let the kids do some sledding.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:04:17 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

eltee

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 01:17:09 pm »
Hope your friends stayed put, RatBastard, and you should too. Some VDOT guy said it took him 2 and a half hours to get from Georgia Ave. to Tyson's last night and he expects it will take him 4 hrs. to get back if he leaves now. Stay in and safe - basically they said only emer. routes are being plowed, and right now, even those aren't all plowed. Stuck here too, obviously, wondering if I should even try shoveling so I can spread out the load on my old back.

wml7

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 01:40:07 pm »
find some kids in your neigborhood and pay them to shovel  ;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 01:48:06 pm »
LOL that's the advantage of having kids of your own.  You can MAKE them shovel every square inch of your yard and street...
FUKIT

andyrichter

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 02:03:10 pm »
anybody think the Scream show tomorrow at the black cat will be cancelled?

ggw

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:39 pm »
I wouldn't drive if you don't have to. It's not the snow as much as it is the copious quantity of douchebags who believe their Honda Accord is going to make it in 14 inches of snow. 123 at Tysons is a labyrinth of idiots standing outside of their two-wheeled drive cars. I overestimate my driving skills as much as the next guy, but if not for my ostentatious European SUV I would not be driving around today.

wml7

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 02:39:30 pm »
i'm not worried about my driving just the others around me.  And yes it's true if you don't have 4 wheel drive don't even bother going out, hell even if you have 4 wheel drive don't go out its like 25 inches of snow out there  :o