Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 68062 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2011, 04:23:17 pm »
Hell, I went from a footloose and fancy-free bachelor to a baby-daddy with a wife and a mortgage in the span of about, oh, 3 seconds.

much to the disappointment of the future mrs. relaxer.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »
"Get used to it honey! oh! oh! oh! zzzzzzzzzzzz"
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2011, 04:41:06 pm »
hoya - congrats!  i didn't know.  what an adventure you're up for :)

Is everyone in this forum married with kids??  You guys should get a big playdate together  ;D
i'm married and living in the 'burbs - but no kids.

thanks!
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011, 05:04:38 pm »
This is one of those threads I knew was heading into awesomeness so I saved it until today's marathon conference call.

Thanks for the entertainment.

27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:19 pm »
I think what makes Rhett (that's who James Ford is, right?) a douche is that he actually thinks it's interesting to people that he lives near a Starbucks, in an ethnic diverse neighborhood, where he could walk places if he chose.

He's also a douche for making huge assumptions about other people based entirely on his prejudices.

He's also kind of a douche for habitually walking out of shows before they're over.  Sure, on one hand who cares what other people are doing... on the other hand, the DC metro area is the only place in the country where people do that en masse, and it's part of the reason for our overblown reputation as a region of aholes.     The best shows depend on positive feedback between an audience and a band, and it can't be good for the musicians to see 1/4 of the audience leaving in the last half of the set.

Plus at a sold out show Rhett's wasting a ticket that someone who actually enjoys the music and isn't just there to check a box could've used.

_\|/_

ggw

« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »
Rhett just acts like his lifestyle choices are better than others because he's a bored government worker and suburban homeowner and can entertain himself by getting everyone on the board into a tizzy.

Doktor Douche, on the other hand, appears to sincerely believe in his own superiority.

James Ford

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2011, 07:06:43 pm »
It's kind of presumptous of you to think that I walk out early on all rock shows. I said I've left (a song or two, not half the set) early from shed shows. For me, I can count the number of shed shows I've been to in the last 20 years on one hand. Whereas the number of club shows is probably in the 300 range.All of which I've stayed until the end, except for the occasional sucky shoe that deserved to be walked out of.

I can't believe I'm spending part of my dogwalking time actually responding to you.

But anyway, I look at it this way. As the paying customer, I'm entitled to come and go as I please.

Relaxer

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
Gotta admit it's kind of funny how much people dislike each other on this board.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »
Back-handed compliment or not...that's still the nicest thing you've ever said about Rhett on this board.  Makes me all misty eyed to see us coming together like this...

Rhett just acts like his lifestyle choices are better than others because he's a bored government worker and suburban homeowner and can entertain himself by getting everyone on the board into a tizzy.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2011, 06:49:23 am »

Doktor Douche, on the other hand, appears to sincerely believe in his own superiority.

thank you for your observations... I must admit I've never really taken notice of you in any capacity so I don't have anything to respond with.
_\|/_

dyecraig

« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2011, 07:57:13 am »
yes indeed
http://dyepics.blogspot.com/2010/01/love-warthur-lee-state-theatre-falls.html
http://dyepics.blogspot.com/2010/01/few-more.html
http://dyepics.blogspot.com/2010/01/thats-incredible-mike-randle-on-guitar.html

Love totally killed at this show indeed.  Colin can still sing, but yeah Argent is a TOOL!

saw this tour in the west....Arthur Lee was in top form. The Zombies, not too much (and Argent had big boobs....)

what was the last good show that was booked at the State Theater...hmmm

Arthur Lee opening for The Zombies!

James Ford

« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2011, 08:04:23 am »
ggw was pretty spot on in his assessment of me, I must say.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:56 am »

ah, good observation.  as any bully or 10-year-old brat will tell you, it's pretty easy to hide behind the "i was just kidding"/"i was fishing for a reaction" excuse.  can make for a great back-peddling strategy too.
<sig>

lagas

« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2011, 08:52:24 am »
Gotta admit it's kind of funny how much people dislike each other on this board.
this
zorra

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:54 am »
Maybe the next forum event should be a dunk tank for charity at Freefest.  I'd sure like to drop EvilSanta in it a few times.
T.Rex