Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2010  (Read 32450 times)

blinkboy

Re: Lollapalooza 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:09 am »

If that same person was at a club show talking their way through the set of a band you liked, you'd be bitching about them.

so he is irritated that someone was talking to him?  or irritated that ppl arent as geeky as him.  I would never personally not know who a  band was at a festival, and i go to at least one a year and no one has EVER asked me that.  maybe that fat dorky guy is just more approachable than i.

though i imagine he is all sweaty and smelly at a festival so i wouldnt go up to talk to him. or stand near him for that matter!

these "all about the music" people are so lame. used to happen in clubs too. get over yourselves!

azaghal1981

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 12:01:53 pm »
Predictable, maybe. But right. Major festivals are a bastardized version of the live music experience. There, I said it.

P.S. Joe loves major festivals.

DeRogatis is the joe marshmallow of music critics: if a band plays venues bigger than the BC backstage, he won't like them.  i'd EXPECT him to hate lolla, sasquatch, etc.  he hated lolla before he ever stepped foot inside.  his opinion is predictable and not particularly insightful.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 01:15:23 pm »
DeRogatis is the joe marshmallow of music critics: if a band plays venues bigger than the BC backstage, he won't like them.  i'd EXPECT him to hate lolla, sasquatch, etc.  he hated lolla before he ever stepped foot inside.  his opinion is predictable and not particularly insightful.

festival fanboy

... reacting to a festival-hater.

i don't like free jazz.  if i went to a free jazz show and proceded to say how horrible it i thought it was, what does that tell you about the show?  not a whole lot.  what does it tell you about me?  that i hate freeform jazz.  other free jazz haters will agree with me, re-post my opinion on message boards (and feel that they've been validated), etc... still doesn't help free jazz lovers figure out if the show was truly a good free jazz show or not.

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »
Predictable, maybe. But right. Major festivals are a bastardized version of the live music experience. There, I said it.

would i rather have a full set in a small club by the bands i came to see?  sure.  but at that club headlining show, i wouldn't get to hear so many other bands (some that i might never bother seeing otherwise, and how many fans get turned on to a band by accidentally stumbling upon them?) 

also they're outdoors, and they're a vacation.  there's a lot to like about a festival.

P.S. Joe loves major festivals.

ouch.  i take back everything i've said.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »
Whole lotta Lolla as music fest gets bigger
FEST EXPANDED | Park District OKS adding space to allow room for 20,000 more musics lovers a day

Chicago's biggest concert event is getting even bigger.

Organizers of Lollapalooza, the three-day rock music fest in Grant Park, are expanding the concert venue's footprint this year to allow 60,000 more people to attend the three-day event.

That means daily attendance could grow from 75,000 last year to 95,000 this summer.

continued: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/2262970,CST-NWS-lolla12.article

(so they think soundgarden, gaga and green day will sell 95k tickets?)
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 12:28:05 pm »
FEST EXPANDED | Park District OKS adding space to allow room for 20,000 more musics lovers a day

Organizers of Lollapalooza, the three-day rock music fest in Grant Park, are expanding the concert venue's footprint this year to allow 60,000 more people to attend the three-day event.

That means daily attendance could grow from 75,000 last year to 95,000 this summer.

continued: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/2262970,CST-NWS-lolla12.article

an update  ;D

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/05/13/update-lollapalooza-details-new-expansion/

blinkboy

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »

yeah, thats crazy. I am goin this year unless ACL's lineup is to die for. The lineup is much weaker than most years, but has some good bands, and since i am not paying for a ticket i look forward to perhaps a NOT sold out show and a little breathing room to see  Spoon, SXDX and Arcade Fire (whom, no, i have never seen before!)

Bags

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »
Ugh, it really doesn't need to be bigger.  Oh well, I've got tickets and a crew going.  I'm in....

Vas Deferens

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2010, 09:04:13 am »
got my golden ticket yesterday...anyone else got theirs?
(_|_)

eros

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010, 09:23:37 am »
got my golden ticket yesterday...anyone else got theirs?

Yep.  Bring it on!
ʎɐʍou

atomicfront

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 09:34:39 am »

It was terrible overcrowded last year so adding 20,000 people will make it better how?  I didn't like the line-up overall so I will probably be selling my tickets.  They are also going to increase the distance between stages.  As if the stages weren't far enough apart already. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 09:35:04 am »
got mine on wednesday, but no longer sure about making it.  
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:30 am »
I got mine too, kind of cool looking in a way  ;D

wml7

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 11:51:42 am »
Schedule out.  It's crashing on the main site but here it is
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/06/08/lollapalooza-drops-2010-schedule/
 ;D

hmmmm Aracde Fire or Soundgarden???  Def Strokes over Lady Gaga

James Ford

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 12:01:27 pm »
I think it's funny that they call these acts "must see".

Deer Tick a must see act? Are you kidding me?

Saturday should probably feature quite a bit of walking, as must see acts like Stars, Dawes, Metric, Deer Tick, Spoon, Ed Sparpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, and Green Day all playing on different stages.