Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 76359 times)

notme

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2010, 01:19:09 am »
this show needs to be webcast so we can all stay home and watch it.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2010, 08:59:25 am »

I sincerely apologize to Fat Skippy, Thousand Made-Up Loves and Monkey Pants.  It was low class of me to insult you personally and I'm embarassed for my behavior.  I'm sorry for losing my temper.

I hope everyone who wants to attend this concert is able to do so.  I also want to thank IMP and all those involved who have worked hard and are working hard to put this show on.  It should be a great time.

Thank you,

Brian

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2010, 10:51:51 am »

I sincerely apologize to Fat Skippy, Thousand Made-Up Loves and Monkey Pants.  It was low class of me to insult you personally and I'm embarassed for my behavior.  I'm sorry for losing my temper.

I hope everyone who wants to attend this concert is able to do so.  I also want to thank IMP and all those involved who have worked hard and are working hard to put this show on.  It should be a great time.

Thank you,

Brian

No need to apologize. It's a bbs. Props to Virgin and IMP for putting something like this together. Lucky those who get to go and for the rest of us, life goes on. My life was certainly not ruined because I wasn't able to get free tickets to a free festival. I hope it goes off without a hitch.

heather

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 01:15:04 pm »
i?m not sure what, if anything, it has to do with this, but pepco?s website is more crash-y than ticketfly?s ;)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:03 am »
here's the difference...

with Ticketfly, the brakes jammed up and the car ran into a crowd of people

with Ticketmaster, the brakes work fine, and the car is deliberately driven into the crowd

imbecile

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 12:55:08 pm »
here's the difference...

with Ticketmaster, the brakes work fine, and the car is deliberately driven into the crowd

As a motor vehicle operator,  you're expected to maintain control at all times, regardless of the situation.

In a situation where your failure to maintain control caused you to veer into a crowd of people instead of safely into an empty ditch (or other somewhat safer option) during a mechanical problem you're still getting a manslaughter charge.  Manslaughter or murder, you're certainly losing your drivers license and possibly whether anyone died or not the reckless driving and failure to maintain control of your vehicle charges would likely get you a suspended license for a while.

Are you telling us ticketfly is getting axed?

Shadrach

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 02:22:32 pm »
Wow, you really took that analogy and ran with it huh?

When there is no operator error and the problem is equipment failure, i.e. the brakes failing or accelerator sticking, no charges (such as manslaughter) would be brought on the driver.

Look, we get that there were issues when these tickets were released to the public and of course we will take what happened and hopefully learn from and not repeat the same failures. You folks have made your points... again and again and again. Now you just have to accept that before the first complaint was posted on this forum we were in communication with Ticketfly on how to fix this in the future.

here's the difference...

As a motor vehicle operator,  you're expected to maintain control at all times, regardless of the situation.

In a situation where your failure to maintain control caused you to veer into a crowd of people instead of safely into an empty ditch (or other somewhat safer option) during a mechanical problem you're still getting a manslaughter charge.  Manslaughter or murder, you're certainly losing your drivers license and possibly whether anyone died or not the reckless driving and failure to maintain control of your vehicle charges would likely get you a suspended license for a while.

Are you telling us ticketfly is getting axed?

imbecile

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 02:53:01 pm »
Ha, I was just playing devil's advocate.

I have no horse in this race (I am not able to attend Freefest and didn't even try for tickets) and am merely here for the entertainment value.

Truth-be-told, I've quite enjoyed ticketfly thus far.  I live in DC and work in Columbia, so the newfound ability I have to drive the 2 minutes to Merriweather during lunch and get tickets to 930 club shows sans ticket surcharges is great and beats the crap out of making my way to the club after work for no other reason than to pick up tickets.

Joke Insurance

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 10:48:49 am »
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but really surprises me here is that people still care about Phish. One-hit wonders usually fade away to obscurity, you know?

hutch

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:49 am »
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but really surprises me here is that people still care about Phish. One-hit wonders usually fade away to obscurity, you know?

Phish had a hit??

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 11:18:00 am »
Does anyone have problems with TicketFly's website?  Over the last month or so it kills my Xserver every time I access it via Firefox/Linux.  It works fine on my other platforms and browsers.   TicketFly is the only site that does this and it's very consistent about it.  Flash issue maybe?

Sir HC

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2010, 11:59:22 am »
I thought that there were several recent debacles with TM.  Such as with Bruce Springsteen:

http://www.musicnewsnet.com/2010/02/ticketmaster-agrees-to-ftc-settlement-over-springsteen-ticket-disaster.html

They all have issues, and I thought a few years back TM crashed a Phish concert around here.

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:54 pm »
Hey There-

Thanks for the feedback. Any more details you can give me would be great, and I can pass it along to our engineers. Is this happening when you try to hit the home page? Or a specific ticket link?

And is it only in Firefox/ Linux? Have you tried any other browsers?

If you have the time, feel free to DM me any specific errors you're getting.

Thanks so much!

-Amy

Does anyone have problems with TicketFly's website?  Over the last month or so it kills my Xserver every time I access it via Firefox/Linux.  It works fine on my other platforms and browsers.   TicketFly is the only site that does this and it's very consistent about it.  Flash issue maybe?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »
Does anyone have problems with TicketFly's website?  Over the last month or so it kills my Xserver every time I access it via Firefox/Linux.  It works fine on my other platforms and browsers.   TicketFly is the only site that does this and it's very consistent about it.  Flash issue maybe?

Actually, I take that back.  It's TIcketAlternative that crashes - not TicketFly.      Sorry about that.  :(

TicketFly rules!!!

walkonby

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »

if you don't like a band . . . fine.  but who really gives a fuck what you think? (meaning keep it to yourself).  obviously, they have the talent to last as long as they have and sell out a majority of their shows, and do great with side projects, have websites, makes lots of money, have legions of fans, play music very well.  what have you done that's so important?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:36:50 pm by walkonby »