Author Topic: Club's 30th anniversary?  (Read 205701 times)

wml7

Re: Club's 30th anniversary?
« Reply #435 on: May 29, 2010, 08:33:07 pm »
Forum meetup? Aren't we being redundant? Isn't the whole show basically a forum meetup, since that's how most people got tickets?

I suggest people just wear things we can recognize them by. NKOTB can wear his Wolftrap t-shirt, Joe can wear his Soul Asylum t-shirt, Azag can wear his Tom Petty t-shirt, Dr . Doom can wear his DOOMLINK t-shirt, Jen and Todd from Bound can wear their bondage gear, Sweetcell can wear his t-shirt from that band with the tranny singer, Thatguy can wear his ear thingies, Julian can wear his Walmart gear, and Walkonby can wear his patchouli.
I really hope all of you loons don't end up in my sideways world.

haha, good one, I'm rewatching it again  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #436 on: May 29, 2010, 11:29:57 pm »
there is some magical portal that may grant me a ticket . . . i think.  will have to see if i get an email describing how i travel through such portal to acheive "being in" status.  if i am going . . . i will be wearing a widespread panic shirt . . . naturally.

the portal master has thus indeed spoken . . . and my figurine piece has been placed on the board.  i shall be allowed to move about and bop to the tunes of the evening.  hope to meet everyone with a beer to chink glasses to and shout "good show" all arounds.

azaghal1981

« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2010, 11:48:06 pm »
Just found this on Bob Boilen's site:
Tiny Desk Unit discography

احمد

blipvurt

« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2010, 04:08:13 am »
Not that this is news to you, but I thought people might be interested in reading it anyway.

http://www.welovedc.com/2010/05/27/we-love-the-930-club/

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #439 on: May 30, 2010, 06:41:53 am »
I find it amusing that the writers of We Love DC don't actually live in DC.

_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2010, 10:07:28 am »
yes, i know this has been discussed countless times . . . but i am all excited that i am coming to the show this evening, and i plan on getting there early to get a parking space.  so where can i go to get a drink and bite to eat (i eat anything as long as it is good) that is within close, as in i hate walking, walking distance from the club and back.  i have never really explored what is around the club excect that gas station right there.

wml7

« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2010, 10:17:19 am »
yes, i know this has been discussed countless times . . . but i am all excited that i am coming to the show this evening, and i plan on getting there early to get a parking space.  so where can i go to get a drink and bite to eat (i eat anything as long as it is good) that is within close, as in i hate walking, walking distance from the club and back.  i have never really explored what is around the club excect that gas station right there.

walky, there is a bar thats right across from the club called Duffys.  http://www.duffysdc.com/
I can't say I have had their food, but I have had beer there.  Not too bad for the drafts and I think they have a happy hour starting at 4, but not sure.  I'm heading off to DC right now.  I'm going to stop at the wharf to eat some seafood.  Mmmmmm softshell crab sandwiches  ;D

shemptiness

« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2010, 11:18:51 am »
So, 5PM doors.  Do we know what time the festivities begin? 

azaghal1981

« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2010, 11:35:49 am »
I think I overheard somebody say it starts at 6 last night.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2010, 11:40:09 am »
So, 5PM doors.  Do we know what time the festivities begin? 

no set times announced yet - 930.com only sez 5 pm doors, and no updates in the FAQ either.  hopefully we'll know soon.  6 pm sounds about right.

as soon as we do know set times, i'll propose a meet-up time.  i'm thinking the break before marti jones and don dixon - please check this thread a little later. 

either way, i'll be wearing my orange t-shirt it an atari logo on it.  can't miss it - come say hi.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2010, 11:41:05 am »
I find it amusing that the writers of We Love DC don't actually live in DC.

About The Author:
Michael Darpino: Michael is a former bare-knuckle street-fighter who splits his free time between defending the little guy and championing the underdog. He has been haunting the concert halls, dive bars, and greasy spoons of DC for the last 16 years. His interests include live rock music, researching obscure military/political conflicts, and good hamburgers. He is a friendly grump, has wisdom beyond his years, and is on a life-long quest to attain music nirvana.

sounds like he lives here, no?
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:31 pm »
Ulitmate FAIL on anyone missing dixon/jones
T.Rex

andyrichter

« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2010, 12:06:30 pm »
how much time do you think each band gets? 14 bands (assuming??? is Dave Grohl) in all.

jd930

« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2010, 12:22:44 pm »
I don't post on here all too often, but I'll be wearing a green t-shirt with a nerve cell on it. I'd love to put some faces to names, so come on up and say hello.  Really looking forward to tonight.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2010, 12:29:43 pm »
Ulitmate FAIL on anyone missing dixon/jones

There's really not much I consider missable(?) in the lineup.  Maybe Ted Leo, just because he plays here all the time anyway.  This is a stellar lineup from top to bottom.