Author Topic: body image commiseration thread  (Read 16424 times)

vansmack

Re: body image commiseration thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »
Chipotle is owned by Burger King - remember that...

McDonalds, not Burger King, was the largest shareholder in Chipotle for a while, but they have since divested their shares, and did so almost 5 years ago, mainly because the founder wouldn't bow to pressures from McD's corp to add additional menu items (like cookies and coffee).  The founder credits McD's investment as the reason Chiptole is now a nationwide chain and for helping him deal with a lot of the pressures of fast growth, but he is also happy to be rid of them.  To say that McD's has any influence over how the food is made is to miss the mark completely.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:11 pm »
5'11", 210 lbs... some of that is my muscly build, too much of it is fat.  time to kick in to diet mode, looking to shed 15 to 20.  ugh.

related note: any thoughts on overcoming plantar fasciitis?  i haven't been running much recently because of it, hence a few extra lbs.  time to reverse that trend.  i'll be talking to a doctor about it soon but wanted to see if anyone here had any success dealing with it.
<sig>

lagas

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:03 pm »
good thread, i'm 6'1'' and 180 lbs...my ideal weight would be 184 though...so am actually trying to gain weight...see?, gain weight...
zorra

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:58 pm »
Yeah...

MAN UP!

related note: any thoughts on overcoming plantar fasciitis? 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:11 pm »
wow, some of you guys are real heavy  :o
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 04:21:44 pm »
i try to help out more at night on weekends so i'm pretty beat. gotta work on this though
just getting sleep even sans exercise help keeps off the pounds, I'm told.

eltee

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 04:27:14 pm »
i haven't been running much recently because of it, hence a few extra lbs.  time to reverse that trend.
Is running the only activity people do? My friends and co-workers do as well. Biking is great for the knees, there's stationary equipment, yoga/pilates...try swimming! Maybe search the internet / runner's forums for advice.

eltee

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »
But, they have height. ;)

eltee

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 04:28:59 pm »
Chipotle is owned by Burger King - remember that...

McDonalds, not Burger King, was the largest shareholder in Chipotle for a while, but they have since divested their shares, and did so almost 5 years ago, mainly because the founder wouldn't bow to pressures from McD's corp to add additional menu items (like cookies and coffee).  The founder credits McD's investment as the reason Chiptole is now a nationwide chain and for helping him deal with a lot of the pressures of fast growth, but he is also happy to be rid of them.  To say that McD's has any influence over how the food is made is to miss the mark completely.
I was just basing my info off of a post here [couple years back], about what to eat before a show. Okay, don't blame The King. I blame Rhett.
Either way and with blame aside, make good choices at Chipolte, that's all I am inferring.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:01 pm »
i haven't been running much recently because of it, hence a few extra lbs.  time to reverse that trend.
Is running the only activity people do? My friends and co-workers do as well. Biking is great for the knees, there's stationary equipment, yoga/pilates...try swimming! Maybe search the internet / runner's forums for advice.
i like biking, but it takes much longer to burn calories. other than that, running is the only exercise i really enjoy at this age
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 05:39:48 pm »

good suggestions   biking is ok, but less intense... i'd rather run 30 minutes than bike for an hour (or 45 mins, or whatever the conversion is).  swimming is too technical.  i can swim just fine, but i never did so competitively.  whenever i try swimming laps i get frustrated, feels like i'm treading water.  i know, i should learn... but i don't wanna learn, i wanna do!  whine whine whine.

i've been running for years.  not gonna stop now, dammit.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 05:50:28 pm »
I divide my cardio time between an eliptical and a rower. The first burns beaucoup calories while the second does wonders for the upper body.
😐 🎶

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 06:26:05 pm »
Gee, music nerds who sit around on their computers all day talking about bands 99% of the worst was unaware of the existence of being overweight? I'm shocked.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »
I forgot to mention that I am 6'... and Sugartastic, thanks for the advice.  :)  My Chipotle order is the bean and rice burrito with cheese and guac, which I thought was relatively healthy.   But neither the cheese nor the guac were probably good ideas.

_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:19 pm »
My only consistent exercise is walking home from the bar after hours, raising a pint the 45 degress and 18 inches from the counter to my mouth (my left arm is JACKED) and the occassional yoga class to please the wife and check out the chicks.  Someday I'll take this 6 foot frame to 150 pounds, but it's going to take muscle - fat won't work.

Sometimes, when I drink too much beer I look at my bloated gut and understand what most of you are going through.  Then I burp or fart and I forget all about it...
27>34