Author Topic: 9:30 Club Sues Over Subsidies for Planned Live Nation Venue in Silver Spring  (Read 37731 times)

i am gay and i like cats

is it me . . . or does this look like a place that will be a pain in the ass to get to for people like me (who live in virginia) who will have to go all the way around dc to get there?  great, i'll leave the day before the show just to get there on time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
it's revenge for the patriot center being in bumf*ck, VA.
<sig>

hutch

this is true..its going to be a real bitch to get there from arlington.. i'd probably recommend going into dc and taking 16th st north...

not a fun drive though...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
is it me . . . or does this look like a place that will be a pain in the ass to get to for people like me (who live in virginia) who will have to go all the way around dc to get there?  great, i'll leave the day before the show just to get there on time.
495 goes all the way around DC ya know.

Driving from where I live [Around the Mixing Bowl area] to Silver Spring takes about 30 minutes. Driving from there up 395 to 930 and parking takes about 30 minutes. I guess I won't bitch and think it's fine because I also drive to DC every week and drive to Baltimore almost every other week so I'm used to that commute to go to shows and what not. It's really not that bad...
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
this is true..its going to be a real bitch to get there from arlington.. i'd probably recommend going into dc and taking 16th st north...

Don't go through town to get there...mad traffic.  Through town going home late at night is fine though. 

From Arlington:

GW parkway south > 495 > colesville rd or Georgia ave exit.

I don't understand all the talk about this.  Not that bad of a drive at all from anywhere inside the beltway really.

hutch

Don't go through town to get there...mad traffic.  Through town going home late at night is fine though. 

From Arlington:

GW parkway south > 495 > colesville rd or Georgia ave exit.

I don't understand all the talk about this.  Not that bad of a drive at all from anywhere inside the beltway really.

driving on 495 during rush hour, in my experience, is not a good time.. . and remember shows will start fairly early so people can catch the 11 or 11:20 train.. so you'd have to drive through rush hour..

i guess i'll try both and see... i could see 495 being better so i guess you're right

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
driving on 495 during rush hour, in my experience, is not a good time.. . and remember shows will start fairly early so people can catch the 11 or 11:20 train.. so you'd have to drive through rush hour..

i guess i'll try both and see... i could see 495 being better so i guess you're right

this.  there is no easy way to get from MD to VA, and vice-versa, during rush hour (and forget about making the drive on friday evenings).  i have to do this commute when i go in to the office.  it sucks.  week-night shows at the patriot center are tough for me.  it'll be the same for VA'ers going to the FSS - do-able but requires planning (aka traveling early). 

on the upside, unlike the patriot, the FSS is on metro.  i'm assuming they'll lobby to change metro's schedule a bit: currently if you catch the last train in to DC on weekdays (11:43), you arrive at the same time as the last orange line to VA is leaving (12:06).  to safely make the transfer, one would have to get the 11:29 in SS.  then again, shows should be well over by 11 if the FSS keeps the same hours as the rest of silver spring, ;D
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

i'm assuming they'll lobby to change metro's schedule a bit

F U

Sincerely,

All the assholes who told me to quit fucking complaining about the Velvet Lounge letting acts run late.

azaghal1981

The last couple times I was at Velvet, they were done at more reasonable hours.

If you wanna bitch about Velvet, bitch about their letting horrible bro-tastic DJ's spin loud garbage downstairs while quieter acts are playing upstairs.
احمد

Yada

F U

Sincerely,

All the assholes who told me to quit fucking complaining about the Velvet Lounge letting acts run late.

LOL!!! A venue should change their schedule due to the metro system?? Laughable!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.

F U

Sincerely,

if the FSS has the pull to get MoCo to fork over $4m, they can probably get metro to change its schedule by a few minutes.  VL doesn't have that kind of clout.

and you're still a pussy for complaining about how late the velvet runs.  sorry you missed your curfew.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

if the FSS has the pull to get MoCo to fork over $4m, they can probably get metro to change its schedule by a few minutes.  VL doesn't have that kind of clout.

and you're still a pussy for complaining about how late the velvet runs.  sorry you missed your curfew.

It is obviously advantageous financially for venues to have shows that are accessible by Metro time-wise.

Kubacheck

I'm actually kind of hesitant about this venue.... I definitely agree that the area needed another venue for "bigger than 930" shows, because I cannot stand DAR..... the sound is horrible there, and that is my main consideration..... which is one reason why I much prefer the 930, typically the sound is pretty stellar there, and I don't think I've ever been to a good sounding show at Rams Head Live..... but I'm waiting to see just how accessible the new place is both getting there and getting out of there..... I don't know the area the Fillmore is at, so I don't know if the parking is going to be "on street" or a bunch of parking garages..... B-more is pretty much all parking garages and it can take forever to get out of one when leaving a show there.... coming from Naptown, I'm pretty much going to HAVE to go 50-495, and that can be a nightmare during rush hour.... shoot, it can be a nightmare anytime, day or night.... I'm not sure that the Metro is realistic for me, I'd have to get on the Orange Line, travel into DC, then change trains and head back out.... so, short story long, I think I'm going to wait awhile and see the reports from folks that have been there once it opens.....

Vas Deferens

there is street parking near Rams Head Live.
(_|_)

Bombay Chutney

There are several FREE parking garages near FSS.  There's street parking nearby.   There's a Metro within walking distance.   There's bus access.     It's just inside the beltway, with multiple access routes.   It's no more difficult to get to than any other venue at rush hour.    I don't see what the fuss is all about.