Author Topic: If I had three wishes...  (Read 10619 times)

nkotb

If I had three wishes...
« on: June 06, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
Aside from the obvious two (peace on Earth and infinite wishes), I'd wish for Markie to clear out his PM box.

markie

Re: If I had three wishes...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 05:29:00 pm »
Oh, are you going to take me to lunch?

I'll empty it tomorrow. I need to go and get dressed up for erasure!

Bags

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:46:00 pm »
I wish for Dave Grohl to see that his chance for happiness lies with me...

hitman

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:24:00 am »
I would wish that teachers got paid more, so I could afford a house...

PigIron

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 05:13:00 am »
I'd wish that teachers could be paid more, so I could pay my mortgage, and live a rock n' roll lifestyle.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 05:16:00 am »
I'd wish that teachers would quit bitch'n about how little they get paid....even though they only work 9 months out of the year, then with 'professional days, snow days and all the other bullshit days' they really only work about 6 months of the year, so are really quite well paid considering.

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 05:26:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  I'd wish that teachers would quit bitch'n about how little they get paid....even though they only work 9 months out of the year, then with 'professional days, snow days and all the other bullshit days' they really only work about 6 months of the year, so are really quite well paid considering.
I wish that you would have to teach in a real school system for a year so that you could see how wrong that you are. It would be extemely eye opening and shocking for you. It's nothing whatsoever like it was when we were kids and teachers work many, many, many hours beyond student time in school. Not to mention all kinds of other crap and abuses they have to put up with. It's much longer than 9 months and 8 hours per day. Also, tons of mandatory continued education on the teacher's own time and often at their own expense. (BTW, it's 10 months and they are not paid for the other 2 and aren't allowed to collect unemployment for that time unlike all other seasonal workers.) You obviously have no fucking clue.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
I'd wish for the NHL to start playing again.

I'd wish for the NBA to STOP playing.

and is getting rid of Montreal completely too much to ask?

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 08:32:00 am »
but with all the time you spend on the Message board, you probably get paid more still...

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 09:15:00 am »
I was hoping to.  Maybe later this week?  Either Thursday or Friday work well for me, although I have  new Time Off Nazi watching my every move, so a long lunch might have to wait a bit.  

Originally posted by canker-blossom:
  Oh, are you going to take me to lunch?

I'll empty it tomorrow. I need to go and get dressed up for erasure!

markie

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 09:44:00 am »
I cleared my PMs. But Friday would be great as I could cram in a couple of beers.... I'll be cycling home. I need to drive every day apart from Friday, this week.

If you dont have long we could always go to Ri Ra.....

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 09:54:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

I'd agree with both of those, but I must admit, even though I don't like the NBA, seeing the Pistons win stuff does make me Detroit pride rise a bit.

xcanuck

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
That is such a freaking misinformed opinion. Given the amount of responsibility they have and the difficult of the job they do, I think they're grossly underpaid.

6 months? Are you f**king serious? I hazard a guess that their work days are longer than a standard 8 hr workday, that they work weekends, that they are required to work school events without pay, and on top of that, they have to put up with all sorts of crap from kids with no respect for them.

Argh.

Bags

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
I agree on the teachers pay (as in they should get more), but who works an 8 hour day?  I haven't, ever, and have numerous "out of hours" events and responsibilities I have to cover that I don't get, quote unquote, paid for....you actually do get paid for it because it's part of your job (unless you're working on an hourly basis and they really don't pay you for covering a PTA meeting or whatever).  Just noting that, especially in DC, office jobs aren't necessarily play time either and your job is what it is...I'd assume a teacher's job description includes parent-teacher meetings, etc.

xcanuck

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

and is getting rid of Montreal completely too much to ask?
Haha! Excellent. I'll go with the first two - though I have to admit the wife (who is from the Detroit area) has gotten me into the Pistons post-season. I'll actually watch the last five minutes of the game (which is about 2 hrs running time).

But can we at least save parts of Westmount? Some of my favorite pubs are near St Catherine and Peel. The rest of Quebec can go to hell in a handbasket.