Author Topic: New Radiohead album this week  (Read 58663 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: New Radiohead album this week
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:32 pm »
and wow, their cd selection is down to pretty much squat.

Their CD selection couldn't be more ass backwards. They're pretty much down to kiddie stuff that's downloaded (legally and otherwise) and grown-up stuff catering to those who buy one or two CDs a year.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 08:38:29 am »
two tracks previously available only on the RDS release, "the butcher" and "supercollider", have been released as free MP3 downloads to people who bought the TKOL album.
<sig>

dyecraig

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2011, 08:14:02 am »
is this a UK-only deal?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:34 am »
is this a UK-only deal?

is what a UK-only deal - the new tracks?  or the RDS release? 
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2011, 08:54:09 am »
When are these fuckers going to announce the tour?  Need to make summer plans  ;D

dyecraig

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2011, 09:03:59 am »
is this a UK-only deal?

how to get the new tracks available to those who bought the cd prior to RSD - thanks

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2011, 09:10:14 am »
is this a UK-only deal?

how to get the new tracks available to those who bought the cd prior to RSD - thanks

i didn't by the CD, i bought the digital download.  i got an e-mail yesterday telling me to log in to http://kingoflimbs.com/ and voila - there was a link to DL the 2 new tracks.  i would have thought that folks who bought the physical CD would have also gotten this e-mail.  i'd log in to your account and check.

if you ordered it somewhere other than the band's website, you might be outta luck (not that the 2 tracks aren't floating about the interwebs...).
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:12 am »

"I got very tired of watching other people listen to the band?s post-Kid A (really post-O.K. Computer, if I?m honest) releases and nod like they were really ?getting it.? Radiohead became a kind of shortcut to rock depth, the way placing a few New Yorkers on your coffee table is a shortcut to, well, lit depth. For a few dollars (or for free, if you took them up on their offer to download 2007?s In Rainbows for as much or as little as you felt like paying), anyone could pretend to have great taste."

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/02/the-king-of-limbs-radiohead-is-charging-this-timeis-it-worth-it.html

Brian

Radiohead Fan Speaks Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

wml7

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:49 pm »

Relaxer

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 03:01:40 pm »
oword

wml7

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:02 pm »
great, just great

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2011, 08:49:45 am »

"They've been making the same record since 'Kid A'. But this needs to be said. I don't own any of their records, but every time I've seen them live, they've fucking blown me away. It was like, "Wow, fucking listen to that! How do you fucking make that shit come out of those speakers? But have I ever had a moment where I fucking sat down and thought, "Do you know what this calls for? This calls for 'Paranoid Android!' Get it on!" No. I've never had that moment." - Noel Gallagher.

I concur about every point.  They are pretty good live.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2011, 09:32:37 am »

"They've been making the same record since 'Kid A'. But this needs to be said. I don't own any of their records, but every time I've seen them live, they've fucking blown me away. It was like, "Wow, fucking listen to that! How do you fucking make that shit come out of those speakers? But have I ever had a moment where I fucking sat down and thought, "Do you know what this calls for? This calls for 'Paranoid Android!' Get it on!" No. I've never had that moment." - Noel Gallagher.

I concur about every point.  They are pretty good live.

Brian

here are the cliff notes -  "i'm jealous of them.  why couldn't my band have been as famous?"

wml7

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »
Radiohead to play SNL on Sept 24, maybe a tour is coming?  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2011, 04:26:11 pm »
i think their next move will be a downloadable concert tour of cities of some kind where each individual user from said city on one night will control the songs, the order and "preset generational type" sound for the entire show, plus you can control the encore.  hooray! pay plan to be discussed later.  they will be accused by countless bands of ruining the concert experience and once again not playing by the rules for their own selfish needs . . . then within 6 months, everybody will be doing it.