Author Topic: New Radiohead album this week  (Read 60361 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: New Radiohead album this week
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2011, 04:19:54 pm »
except its not happening.

Ahhhh, another Radiohead show in NY this time they are playing a secret show at Liberty Square/Zuccotti Park 4pm  ;D

The port authority stepped in to protect the safety of the hipsters.  They just couldn't take that much Radiohead awesomeness in one week.  Put the PBR back in the fridge, Sergio!

Brian

wml7

« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2011, 04:37:13 pm »
haha  ;D

wml7

« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:43 pm »

eros

« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2011, 11:32:52 am »
ʎɐʍou

Yada

« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2011, 11:37:47 am »
Maybe I'm ignorant to the fan base of Radiohead, but can they sell out 10k arenas in middle America?

Unless they're playing the 930 or the Fillmore, I won't be paying to see them in the Verizon Center.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2011, 11:54:38 am »
Hey Seth...

hopefully seth is already working on this/has already worked this out.

however, i noticed that tickets to at least some of the shows are being sold by LiveNation.  hopefully this doesn't mean that LN has the whole tour.

Maybe I'm ignorant to the fan base of Radiohead, but can they sell out 10k arenas in middle America?

Unless they're playing the 930 or the Fillmore, I won't be paying to see them in the Verizon Center.

yup, they sold out bigger venues in those cities (sheds) during the In Rainbows tour.  they'll sell them out again.  whatever tickets locals don't buy will be snapped up by people traveling in/following the tour.
<sig>

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2011, 11:59:40 am »
So it looks like Verizon is almost a given for the DC date? Any sort of theater gig would be a ticket buying clusterfuck, and it looks too early for MPP.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2011, 12:33:07 pm »
if i had to bet, my money would be on Verizon.  it's still going to be a CF trying to get tickets.  i suppose patriot center could be a possibility, but it's a lot smaller.

at first the livenation angle had me worried that it would be back at The Lube, but the dates made me back off that ledge.  april is too early for sheds, right?  please someone tell me they can't book JLL in april... please...
<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:50 pm »
The 2nd US leg won't necessarily be right after those announced today.  There was 2.5 months between the 2 US legs in 2008 in which they played Europe.  I am hoping for Verizon over MPP or Nissan.  Indoor>Outdoor

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »
if a foo fighter can play there . . . i feel radiohead could sell out many multiple nights there.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2011, 01:32:25 pm »
good point, skippy.  

but Indoor > Outdoor - seriously?  sound is much better outdoors, sheds were designed for music vs. arenas that are sports-centered echo chambers.  when it comes to large shows, i prefer outdoor venues.

however, all of RH's outdoor gigs seem to bring on the four horsemen of the apocalypse whereas their indoor shows have gone off without a hitch so you might be on to something there...
<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »
good point, skippy.  

but Indoor > Outdoor - seriously?  sound is much better outdoors, sheds were designed for music vs. arenas that are sports-centered echo chambers.  when it comes to large shows, i prefer outdoor venues.

It really depends on the venue and your seats.  Loge and lawn at Merriweather have terrible sound just like a bad seat at Verizon will.  The lights are better indoors and it really just comes down to personal preference.  Plus you can usually take public transportation to arenas whereas amps are often located in bumblefuck.

wml7

« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »
I'm going to try and get tickets for Atlanta  ;D

wml7

« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2011, 08:31:23 am »
Waste tickets on sale now go go, I got mine for Atlanta  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:39 am »
houston + dallas.  i did these two cities on the In Rainbows tour, and it was such an amazing solo road trip.  everything about it was epic - the shows, the car ride between the cities, the people i met, the food i ate... had to do it again.  so i am.  i'll deal with the financial repercussions later.
<sig>