Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150655 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 10:30:12 am »
foos are too big for the organizers...its not that they would not play...we all know dave will play garages for pete's sake! and fyi the garage for dc area was in md...

but if you had the foos at a FREE festival with two stages and multiple acts it would create a big headache from a logistical standpoint....and it would turn into a foo fighers show overshadowing everything else....just dont see it

btw pavement- much as i like them- played to a half empty pit and 80% empty pavillion

the closest to a ff level act was weezer not blink 182...
I guess you can take it that way, I think Blink-182, unfortunately, were bigger in their hay day than the Foos are right now. So their big "come back" was semi-big. I heard more people talking about "BLINK 182 AT FREEFEST" than anything else. I didn't really care, I was gonna see Ludacris and MIA on the 2nd stage hahahaha

If it REALLY turned into "OMFG FREE FOO FIGHTERS" would it really be any worse than last year? I didnt hear Blink 182 and I was fine with that. Not that I didnt want to or it would have ruined my day, I just think IF the Foo Fighers played it wouldn't ruin the atmosphere.

Do you think people's experiences were ruined at Coachella when Madonna played? Cmon.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:13 am »
foos are too big for the organizers...its not that they would not play...we all know dave will play garages for pete's sake! and fyi the garage for dc area was in md...

but if you had the foos at a FREE festival with two stages and multiple acts it would create a big headache from a logistical standpoint....and it would turn into a foo fighers show overshadowing everything else....just dont see it

btw pavement- much as i like them- played to a half empty pit and 80% empty pavillion

the closest to a ff level act was weezer not blink 182...
I guess you can take it that way, I think Blink-182, unfortunately, were bigger in their hay day than the Foos are right now. So their big "come back" was semi-big. I heard more people talking about "BLINK 182 AT FREEFEST" than anything else. I didn't really care, I was gonna see Ludacris and MIA on the 2nd stage hahahaha

If it REALLY turned into "OMFG FREE FOO FIGHTERS" would it really be any worse than last year? I didnt hear Blink 182 and I was fine with that. Not that I didnt want to or it would have ruined my day, I just think IF the Foo Fighers played it wouldn't ruin the atmosphere.

Do you think people's experiences were ruined at Coachella when Madonna played? Cmon.

listen its just an opinion.

but coachella i assume has a way bigger main stage area..that is the issue..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2011, 11:20:37 am »
I did listen? You listen to me. I have an opinion also, man.

My opinion = opinion also
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 11:23:00 am »
I did listen? You listen to me. I have an opinion also, man.

My opinion = opinion also

huh? you lost me my brother.

mahimahi1414

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »

but coachella i assume has a way bigger main stage area..that is the issue..

Madonna played the dance tent at Chella. She was like a last minute addition though I think. Kind of like when Jimmy Buffet played the small stage at noon during Bonnaroo two years ago. She was also billed below Massive Attack that day.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:06:37 pm by mahimahi1414 »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »
i'm betting Foos will play the fest...of course some other band will play the second stage while they are playing...

not everyone is into the Foos...

(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:59 pm »
i'm betting Foos will play the fest...of course some other band will play the second stage while they are playing...

i hope you are right!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011, 02:37:56 pm »
right about what?

when blink 182 played, Franz Ferdinand were on the 2nd stage playing.
last year it was LCD vs. M.I.A.....

i hope you are right!
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »
right about what?

when blink 182 played, Franz Ferdinand were on the 2nd stage playing.
last year it was LCD vs. M.I.A.....

i hope you are right!

that foo fighters play freefest

ggw

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
Foo Fighters are playing shows 9-22, 23, 25, and 26. I doubt they would play the 24 as well.

nkotb

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2011, 07:21:19 pm »
Pussies.

Foo Fighters are playing shows 9-22, 23, 25, and 26. I doubt they would play the 24 as well.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 12:22:20 am »
God, I wish Pulp would be on the bill.  So, so much.

walkonby

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »
jimmie's chicken shack . . . playing freebird . . . dressed like members of sha na na . . . walking like an egyptian the entire time.  while really fucked up on mushrooms.

Cali

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:48 am »
Foos aren't too big. Maybe it was mentioned but the guys played the fest when it was at pimlico & were on the second stage

Staralfur25

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 02:23:29 am »
Freefest can you please get the BLACK EYED PEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
(cause secretly we all love them and don't want to admit  it!!!!!)