Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 151118 times)

JohnQ

Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2011, 11:57:28 am »
I actually like the lineup a whole lot more than last year's - I'd go for the Black Keys alone.

Too bad about the facebook requirement - not that an account is difficult to get, but it eliminates those of us who work for a living, will be at work on Friday, and whose employer blocks access to social media sites like facebook.  Guess I'm s.o.l.

It's called vectro proxy. Look into it. Or don't and fuck off.

I tried looking up vectro proxy and my employer's security software told me the following:

"Request Blocked by URL Filter Database - Notification

Your request to URL "http://vectroproxy.com/" has been blocked by the Webwasher URL Filter Database. The URL is listed under categories (Anonymizers), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time. The following reputation level was assigned to it: Unverified. "

I'll keep it clean and say only the your are as unhelpful as you are rude.

James Ford

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:13 am »
Book your own music festival.

The fact that freefest is here isn't preventing anybody else from booking their own "improved" festival.

[Well I guess i have a right to complain.  Because to see a decent music festival I have to travel hundred of miles.  This festival used to be pretty decent.  

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
I'm 44. I saw Wilco on their very first tour at the old 9:30 Club. Back when your mother was depriving you of breastmilk and feeding you formula. Of course I'd rather see Wilco.

If you are that fucking stupid to compare the Wilco that played at old 9:30 and contemporary Wilco, your idiocy knows no bounds.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2011, 12:16:44 pm »

Find a better employer, or don't. You aren't working the clock a Chili's. Tell your employer you have an obligation or something. This bullshit "WAAAAH! I'll be at work, I can't get tickets." Well, make it happen, or don't.

redsock

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2011, 12:21:12 pm »
Book your own music festival.

The fact that freefest is here isn't preventing anybody else from booking their own "improved" festival.

Eh, I tried twice. I don't advise it. Go to this instead, it's free and IMP does it right. Keeping the numbers low enough to be comfortable and keeping the drinks strong (albeit expensive). The last two years were highlights for me, excited about this one. Empire of the Sun, fuck yeah!

James Ford

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2011, 12:22:10 pm »
Do you act/talk this rudely offline? If you do, I'd bet you have no more than a few teeth left.

Find a better employer, or don't. You aren't working the clock a Chili's. Tell your employer you have an obligation or something. This bullshit "WAAAAH! I'll be at work, I can't get tickets." Well, make it happen, or don't.

James Ford

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2011, 12:24:45 pm »
The A.M. era Wilco I saw put on a nice little rag tag alt-country show.

The contemporary Wilco puts on a jawdropping 2.5 hour rock show. And has Nels Cline on guitar.

Both had their appeal, but if you had actually seen both, you'd know that the contemporary show is better.

I'm 44. I saw Wilco on their very first tour at the old 9:30 Club. Back when your mother was depriving you of breastmilk and feeding you formula. Of course I'd rather see Wilco.

If you are that fucking stupid to compare the Wilco that played at old 9:30 and contemporary Wilco, your idiocy knows no bounds.

wml7

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2011, 12:28:31 pm »
Sethy was on dc101 this morning talking about vfest and the lineup.  He talked about how the boards are and how people would complain.  Also talked about brazilans waxing or something  ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2011, 12:31:13 pm »
Sethy was on dc101 this morning talking about vfest and the lineup.  He talked about how the boards are and how people would complain.  Also talked about brazilans waxing or something  ;D

Do they play any of the artists playing the festival on DC 101?

wml7

« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2011, 12:50:54 pm »

Do they play any of the artists playing the festival on DC 101?

black keys, tv on the radio, two door, and grace potter  ;D

hutch

« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »
Patti Smith seems to be the "headliner" according to Pollstar.

Speaking of free last time I saw her was for free at the Kennedy Center.. Also twice at the 930..

wonder if Lenny Kaye is in her band..

James Ford

« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2011, 01:04:48 pm »
Um, yeah. They're going to have a 60 year old woman who is 30 years past her heyday as the headliner of a festival geared toward a younger crowd. Not.

Patti Smith is the less fun plug in for the Joan Jett slot from last year.

Speaking of free last time I saw her was for free at the Kennedy Center.. Also twice at the 930..

hutch

« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2011, 01:11:14 pm »
Um, yeah. They're going to have a 60 year old woman who is 30 years past her heyday as the headliner of a festival geared toward a younger crowd. Not.

Patti Smith is the less fun plug in for the Joan Jett slot from last year.

Patti Smith's name is listed first and is the only in bold in the pollstar listing. She is the "headliner"...

having said that I agree with everything you wrote..

Yada

« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:41 pm »
All I know it's a whole lot better than fucking HFStival that you have to pay for... Minus Dr. Dog and Avett Bros

James Ford

« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2011, 01:33:25 pm »
Put those two bands on the Freefest lineup and I'd be all over the tickets.

Queue the TMUL hissy fit over what lame taste I have.

All I know it's a whole lot better than fucking HFStival that you have to pay for... Minus Dr. Dog and Avett Bros