Author Topic: Record Store Day Question  (Read 35130 times)

wml7

Re: Record Store Day Question
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2011, 07:58:33 pm »
I like Pearl Jam  ;D

ggw

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »
Thanks for the Other Music link. I got those two Black Angels records.

mbg73

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »
Cool.  Glad someone else found what they were looking for after all the false hope I was dishing out.  They had nearly everything I was looking for.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48:32 am »
there will be a limited supply of Supercollider/The Butcher 12" vinyl available from W.A.S.T.E. in the foreseeable future.

Thanks

All @ W.A.S.T.E.

<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 02:44:33 pm »

They do a second "Record Store Day" on Black Friday now. 

And I guess this is the final list:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

And color me IMPRESSED!  Such young, exciting, innovative artists and music!

I mean, is there a hotter artist right now than Janis Joplin?  Move over, Adele!  And we get TWO releases from her?  How cool is that?  Also, two from the Yardbirds!  They're AWESOME!  I think they're barely out of high school.  Aren't they from Roanoke?  Plus, let's face it, John Lennon's "Imagine" and Pete Townsend's "Quadrophenia Demos" are going to be fighting it out for Pitchfork's best of 2011.  Finally, new, YOUNG music.  Has anyone else here heard of "The Loving Spoonful?"  They sound a lot like "The xx".  I hope they're HALF as awesome!

Brian

hutch

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 02:58:47 pm »

They do a second "Record Store Day" on Black Friday now. 

And I guess this is the final list:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

And color me IMPRESSED!  Such young, exciting, innovative artists and music!

I mean, is there a hotter artist right now than Janis Joplin?  Move over, Adele!  And we get TWO releases from her?  How cool is that?  Also, two from the Yardbirds!  They're AWESOME!  I think they're barely out of high school.  Aren't they from Roanoke?  Plus, let's face it, John Lennon's "Imagine" and Pete Townsend's "Quadrophenia Demos" are going to be fighting it out for Pitchfork's best of 2011.  Finally, new, YOUNG music.  Has anyone else here heard of "The Loving Spoonful?"  They sound a lot like "The xx".  I hope they're HALF as awesome!

Brian

RSD has gone to crap

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 03:03:05 pm »
Weren't the Yardbirds just in town?  Ok, Rockville, technically.  Janis Joplin never comes around here anymore.

Nothing on that list interests me except the ToN box set.  I'd like to have that.  Very tempting.

Maybe it's mostly older folks who buy vinyl?

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 01:35:17 pm »
Anyone going on Friday? Im off work so I'm going to try to get the john cale limited edition.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »
Might go up to Sound Garden to see what they have.  Thing is there is nothing on the Black Friday list that is a must-have, IMO.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2011, 05:18:49 pm »
Yeah, I think I'm going to Soundgarden too. There is literally only one release I want. It's weird how much of the stuff on sale Friday is just reissues or demos from older acts.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:39 am »
Went to Soundgarden. There were probably 25 people in line when I got there 30 minutes before they opened. I couldn't find a copy of the one thing I wanted to get. If anyone sees any record store selling surplus copies of things on their website, please post it in this thread.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
What did they get and what were you looking for? I didn't get up until 9. Might go record shopping later tho.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2011, 02:04:57 pm »
It looks like they had pretty much everything. I'm not sure how many copies they had for each special but I  didn't really see many people that looked or sounded disappointed.

I was just looking for the John Cale limited edition EP. They released it as a cd and made 2,000 copies but I've called literally every participating store in Maryland and no one got a copy.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »
http://www.amoeba.com/buy-stuff/category/record-store-day/page1.html

They have a ton of stuff available online if anyone is looking for anything. I was finally able to get a copy of the EP I wanted!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:00 am »
I ordered the Type O box set and seemed to get a pretty good deal on it.

Whether or not I actually get it is another thing entirely.