Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455410 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1710 on: June 07, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
Use for what?

And using it to make the world or your partner's world or your kid's world a better place. Otherwise what's the point of the acquisition?
For personal use. 

killsaly

« Reply #1711 on: June 07, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »
To further my quest for knowledge and experience. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1712 on: June 07, 2013, 02:27:28 pm »
humans do think that way.  where have you been?  people with kids versus people without kids, is always a fascinating dynamic to watch.

People with kids look older.  They have to get up all the time to change diapers.  I swear it ages a person 5 years per baby.  I was talking to this guy on just a couple of nights ago who had twins.  He said he was assigned a kid and had to sleep in a room with it so it wouldn't wake up the other kid.  I had not seen him in probably 4 years and he looked beaten down.

Plus people with kids don't like to go out and have fun anymore.  I guess they are too tired.  I guess it made sense back in the 50's to have kids when a man earned enough money to have his wife stay at home and she didn't mind taking care of the kids by herself.  Well it made sense for the man still sucked for the woman.  
I have two, 9 and 11.  I am 42, most people would guess I'm mid 30's tops.  And I know I've said it before on here but my wife is the most beautiful woman in any room she's in.  That's a fucking fact. 

I go out and do fun stuff all the time.  Sometimes by myself.  Sometimes just me and the wife.  Sometimes just me and the kids.  And sometimes all 4 of us.  Our interests are quite varied and we manage to indulge them.  Is it a challenge sometimes to find that balance between home life and self fulfillment?  Yes it is.  Sometimes we have to make sacrifices.  But by and large I think we succeed.

One of the biggest charges I get is seeing my kids have fun.  This past winter i surprised my daughter with Justin Bieber tickets for her birthday.  We went to the show together.  So many people said to me "oh gosh that must have been horrible or you".  NO WAY.  Would I ever have gone on my own accord?  Of course not.  But just the look on her face and her joy when I told her "get dressed were going to the JB concert"  was worth it.  And how fucking excited was she during the concert?  It was absolutely FABULOUS.

I don't care if someone doesn't want kids.  In fact I wholeheartedly respect it, especially considering societies expectations that we procreate. 

I'd also never expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand the simple joy i find being a parent.  But for you to say that Rhett made a mistake when he had his kids?  You're the biggest ass this board has ever seen.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:29:00 pm by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #1713 on: June 07, 2013, 02:31:02 pm »
Thanks Chaz, well said. Totally know where you're coming form.

Does this mean I have a Bieber concert in my future?   :o

chaz

« Reply #1714 on: June 07, 2013, 02:36:38 pm »

Not likely...I think we're past it now as she thinks hes a jerk now.  Now i'm just trying to decide if I should take my 9 year old to see Rancid next week.  He loves that band and wants to go but I'm still on the fence....

stevewizzle

« Reply #1715 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:32 pm »
why are we still replying to atomicfront nonsense, you guys.

chaz

« Reply #1716 on: June 07, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
you ask a question for which i have no answer.

maybe i just wanted to say how much i love my wife and kids.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1717 on: June 07, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »
have you heard of garfield minus garfield?

i wonder if the same existential effect could be seen here by removing atomicfront posts.

James Ford

« Reply #1718 on: June 07, 2013, 02:47:05 pm »
When you have kids, you gotta get your fun wherever you can find it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1719 on: June 07, 2013, 02:56:33 pm »
By going from this message board to the Velvet Lounge.

by not posting here anymore . . . or playing velvet?   ;)

darn you, new page
This isnt his first Velvet show, I saw him last year there.  It was a lot of fun! He probably doesnt post here because, what is the point (for him)?

saw him open at rnr at a das racist show years ago... really digged it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1720 on: June 07, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »
When you have kids, you gotta get your fun wherever you can find it.

you're on a roll today.

atomicfront

« Reply #1721 on: June 07, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »
Too bad your parents had that accident.
 ;)

And looks and having fun, of course, are the point of life.

Now you got it.

I can't believe anyone actually thinks the meaning of life is having kids.  That is bizarre.  It is like you have been brainwashed by a religious cult. 

I think they just wanted to have sex.

Yada

« Reply #1722 on: June 07, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »

Not likely...I think we're past it now as she thinks hes a jerk now.  Now i'm just trying to decide if I should take my 9 year old to see Rancid next week.  He loves that band and wants to go but I'm still on the fence....

I'm banking on $12 tickets day of the show.

chaz

« Reply #1723 on: June 07, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

I'm banking on $12 tickets day of the show.
May take this approach too.  $35 per ticket is steep.

atomicfront

« Reply #1724 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:24 pm »

I'd also never expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand the simple joy i find being a parent.  But for you to say that Rhett made a mistake when he had his kids?  You're the biggest ass this board has ever seen.

Who is Rhett?  Sorry but , I think you win biggest ass.   I don't really care who has kids.  But to say it is the meaning of life is pathetic and assinine.  Plenty of people can't have kids.  Should they just go out and kill themsleves?  Stupidest post ever.  And I can see your kids make you so happy you have to attack me all the time.