Author Topic: The Judgement Day thread  (Read 18451 times)

James Ford

Re: The Judgement Day thread
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:46 pm »
It's a child, not a cow.

Whether you're pro-choice or pro-life I think most can agree that an abortion is an unfortunate event.

Yet another hysterical abortion joke! hahhaha

actually it was rather funny - for those whom abortion isn't a sacred cow that can't even be referred to in jest.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:21:19 pm by James Ford »

azaghal1981

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »
Resorting to a coathanger or a back alley when one is unable to have one performed in the safe confines of a doctor's office is more unfortunate.

P.S. Anything can be funny if given the proper context. Get the stick out of your ass (or the hanger out of your vagina).

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 10:42:27 pm »
Yeah that kind of abortion is even funnier. hahahaha

Resorting to a coathanger or a back alley when one is unable to have one performed in the safe confines of a doctor's office is more unfortunate.

P.S. Anything can be funny if given the proper context. Get the stick out of your ass (or the hanger out of your vagina).

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 10:44:50 pm »
My daughter starts yelling "Three fucking shits!" at the top of her lungs and was so proud of herself that she repeated it another half dozen times. She did a 3.8 mile hike with quite a bit of elevation loss and gain. In three hours flat (The book said it takes 3 hours 40 minutes). Without getting carried once. She can say whatever the fuck she wants to.

So you're one of those parents that prides themselves on unleashing an ill-mannered semi-feral brat upon the world?
_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 01:18:30 am »
Oh, look! We get to play this game again in October:D

James Ford

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 07:18:38 am »
My apologies for the unneccessary sarcasm.

I guess I would hope that you're not too blind to see that different people have different sensitivities. It doesn't mean that they "have a stick up their ass", it means their sensitivities are different than yours. If Person A made a joke that referenced rape, gaybashing, or the Holocaust "in the right context" and Person B stated they were offended, would that mean that Person B had a stick up their ass?

As for my own personal views, I'm pro-choice. I want abortions to be safe, legal, and increasingly rare. While the pro-lifers are hellbent on the unreastic notion of making abortion nonexistent, the other side isn't focused enough on the "increasingly rare" part of the equation.

James Ford

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 07:24:07 am »
Haha.  ;D Nobody was in sight. What is allowed around mommy and daddy is definitely not allowed around other people.

I'm one of those parents who pride themselves on having a healthy, athletic, creative, nature appreciating child not addicted to a corporate spoon-fed Disney/video games/high fructose/meat centered existence.

My daughter starts yelling "Three fucking shits!" at the top of her lungs and was so proud of herself that she repeated it another half dozen times. She did a 3.8 mile hike with quite a bit of elevation loss and gain. In three hours flat (The book said it takes 3 hours 40 minutes). Without getting carried once. She can say whatever the fuck she wants to.

So you're one of those parents that prides themselves on unleashing an ill-mannered semi-feral brat upon the world?

Jaguar

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:31 am »

I guess I would hope that you're not too blind to see that different people have different sensitivities. It doesn't mean that they "have a stick up their ass", it means their sensitivities are different than yours. If Person A made a joke that referenced rape, gaybashing, or the Holocaust "in the right context" and Person B stated they were offended, would that mean that Person B had a stick up their ass?

As for my own personal views, I'm pro-choice. I want abortions to be safe, legal, and increasingly rare. While the pro-lifers are hellbent on the unreastic notion of making abortion nonexistent, the other side isn't focused enough on the "increasingly rare" part of the equation.

Rhett, I get where you're coming from and appreciate it. I've got a wild sense of humor, am pro-choice and a woman but I too thought that it was delivered a little heavy handed though only bothered enough to frown for a moment or two.

You know as well as I do that if you would have made the very same kind of joke about one of the very same jokesters' sensitive spots, the way they are around here, they would have relished tearing you a new one!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:05 am »
let's remember the statement/joke that started this lil' venture into pro-/anti-abortion:

God decided he wasn't ready for the Rapture, so he had it aborted.

there was no mention of a baby.  there was no judgement on the desirability/need for fewer abortions.  just the use of the verb "to abort" got james going.

do people get equally upset whenever a shuttle launch is aborted?  there's that word again, not allowed using it!  are there pro-lifers at cape canaveral, with "shuttle launches don't deserve to be aborted" signs? ;D
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:39 am »

So this Irish gay black jew walks into a bar.........oh, wait....never mind...

I wonder if James gets offended when they abort space shuttle launches?

James Ford

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:52 am »

Do people get upset when people use the word "rape" and it's not referring to a violent act against women?

The joke mention God and abortion in the same sentence, and in a thread about wacky Christians. If you don't see the implicated tie-in the baby abortion, you're even dumber than your screen name.

If there was no implied connection to baby abortion, then what exactly is the point of the joke (that you found so amusing)?

let's remember the statement/joke that started this lil' venture into pro-/anti-abortion:

God decided he wasn't ready for the Rapture, so he had it aborted.

there was no mention of a baby.  there was no judgement on the desirability/need for fewer abortions.  just the use of the verb "to abort" got james going.

do people get equally upset whenever a shuttle launch is aborted?  there's that word again, not allowed using it!  are there pro-lifers at cape canaveral, with "shuttle launches don't deserve to be aborted" signs? ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 11:07:12 am »
Do people get upset when people use the word "rape" and it's not referring to a violent act against women?

no, they don't.  for example, people talk about being raped by Ticketmaster fees.

If there was no implied connection to baby abortion, then what exactly is the point of the joke (that you found so amusing)?

the point of the joke was the use of the verb "to abort" and then watch people's panties be twisted into a knot.  it's like a bull seeing red - a mere use of the word and off they go...
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:22 am »
Apparently, you're not friends with anyone who has been raped, or anybody who has faced the tough emotional decision to terminate a pregnancy. Amazing what some people think is funny.

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:27 am »
They shouldn't.

احمد

Jaguar

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 11:22:30 am »
Rhett, they're just doing their favorite dance steps on you. Back peddling, side stepping and stomping.  ::)