Author Topic: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)  (Read 599548 times)

James Ford

Re: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 04:19:33 pm »
Doesn't he look like what any slender 64 year old who hasn't had plastic surgery would look like if he grew his hair out?

always have been curious about iggy . . . is it just old age or did he live a fast life of booze/drugs/and what not, that made him look the way he does now?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »
Sammy Hagar: Jackson Verdict Makes It Harder For Musicians to Get Drugs
http://fuseblog.typepad.com/fuseblog/2011/11/sammy-hagar-jackson-verdict-makes-it-harder-for-musicians-to-get-drugs.html

Doesn't he look like what any slender 64 year old who hasn't had plastic surgery would look like if he grew his hair out?

yes, he does look worse than his age.  all those years of heroine haven't done him any favors.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
yeah, sure you did:

I made sex tape to improve my performance, time and motion consultant tells girlfriend
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/i-made-sex-tape-to-improve-my-performance-time-and-motion-consultant-tells-girlfriend-2932448.html

legal questions relating to questionable sexual behavior - i know vansmack will have some thoughts on this one.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 07:03:28 pm »
Putting that excuse away in the lock box....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 11:27:29 am »
this seems as good a place as any to post this as the onion definitely could have written some of these:

15 Most Ill-Advised Career Reinventions in Rock Music History
http://www.cracked.com/article_15622_15-most-ill-advised-career-reinventions-in-rock-music-history.html
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »

Don't Radiohead qualify?

Cracked is blocked here at work but I LOVE that website.

Kiss's Music From The Elder is on there isn't it?  How about Hammer's "Bumps and a Pump?"  Chris Gaines?

Brian

this seems as good a place as any to post this as the onion definitely could have written some of these:

15 Most Ill-Advised Career Reinventions in Rock Music History
http://www.cracked.com/article_15622_15-most-ill-advised-career-reinventions-in-rock-music-history.html

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »
Don't Radiohead qualify?

nope, 'cause despite how much you hate their reinventions it's hard to call them ill-advised.  they were critical darlings, sold a buttload of albums, sold out the ensuing tours, etc etc.  when you see the list tonight, even you will have to admit that "kid a" doesn't belong with the others.

Kiss's Music From The Elder is on there isn't it?  How about Hammer's "Bumps and a Pump?"  Chris Gaines?

Brian

nice calls: #14, #1 and #13.  i'm impressed!
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 05:51:19 pm »
Don't Radiohead qualify?

nope, 'cause despite how much you hate their reinventions it's hard to call them ill-advised.  they were critical darlings, sold a buttload of albums, sold out the ensuing tours, etc etc.  when you see the list tonight, even you will have to admit that "kid a" doesn't belong with the others.

Brian

nice calls: #14, #1 and #13.  i'm impressed!

Don't be.  I think that's an old list that I've already read.

Brian

vansmack

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 01:52:51 pm »
Tattoo artist Ryan Fitzgerald from Dayton, OH was hit with a $100,000 lawsuit last week by his ex-girlfriend Rossie Brovent.  She claims that her boyfriend was supposed to tattoo a scene from Narnia on her back but instead tattooed an image of a pile of excrement with flies buzzing around it.

Apparently, Ryan found out that Rossie had cheated with a long-time friend of his, but instead of confronting her about it he acted like everything was normal and hatched a plan for revenge. Originally, Rossie tried to have Ryan charged with assault, but the ingenious tattoo artist had covered his bases by plying Rossie with wine and tequila shots and getting her to sign a consent form that stated the design was ?at the artist?s discretion.?

No word from Rossie on whether the illicit night of passion with Ryan?s friend was worth it. Moral of the story? Never cheat on a tattoo artist.

http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/13348728615/tattoo-artist-ryan-fitzgerald-from-dayton-oh-was
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 09:05:58 pm »

"....I believe it was the GREAT MAN, DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR!......or else....Jigglypuff...who SPOKE THESE WORDS that I am REMINDED OF TODAY!"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/03/cain-quotes-pok-mon-movie-in-final-speech.html

Brian

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶