Author Topic: Futbol/Soccer thoughts  (Read 38780 times)

hutch

Re: Futbol/Soccer thoughts
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:24 pm »
I didn't realize Kyle Beckerman was a local product....just saw him wearing "Bowie" and "Laurel" shirts when he was a youth level player..

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »
Thoughts on soccer huh?  Well lets see... You have to 1) run and 2) kick a round ball.  While some of what these guy do is (shall I say) entertaining, it is a boring game with a very low level of action and except for a few fleeting plays each game it is just a ball being kicked from one end of the field to the other.  Aside form that if you have nothing better to do I guess it is an OK way to kill time.
FUKIT

Stillwater

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2014, 12:46:46 pm »
I don't understand leaving Landon off either.  Seems like the perfect player to bring in in the 70th minutes needing a goal.

Anyway, Portugal is not the same as years past.  The key is getting the 3 points vs. Ghana.  Obviously, they are thinking the same thing, but the loser of that game has no shot.  Win vs. Ghana, tie vs. Portugal and hope the goal differential carries you through...

hutch

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:49 pm »
so its Bruce Arena....

look it is not the worst choice but it is really not an inspired one either..

at least Klinsmann is gone... he is all talk.. he knows how to give a good spiel, press conference, BS but his strengths are motivation, organization and physical fitness.... (oh and finding Germans that can play for the US).... but as far as tactics/strategy/adjustments he is terrible... Loew did that for Germany in 2006 not Jurgen...

hutch

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2016, 09:44:54 pm »
17 out of 23 called up have no World Cup experience...I think I read

Good.  If he's playing for the future....

the future is here...

hutch

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2016, 10:01:10 pm »
Seattle Sounders in MLS Cup Final!!!!!!!

Bigger than the Super Bowl, the MLS Cup will be played on Wed. at 7 pm and you can catch it on FS1!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2016, 09:40:36 am »
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2016, 08:33:00 pm »
Soccer - lamest non-sport ever invented.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2016, 08:37:15 pm »

you're trying to quote yourself or you have alzheimers.. cause you said the same thing earlier in this thread...

soccer rules.. the world's sport.. NUMERO 1 BABY!

can't wait for wednesday night! its going to be hot..

hutch

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2016, 01:58:41 pm »
what a sad story.. I hate these types of plane crash kills entire soccer team stories

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadly-plane-crash-colombia-kills-slideshow-wp-132447943.html

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 06:43:51 pm »

you're trying to quote yourself or you have alzheimers.. cause you said the same thing earlier in this thread...

Rules the world of boring ass sports.  89 minutes of watching guys kick a ball half way down a field and then someone kicking it back the other direction.  Then maybe 2 minutes of actual play when you try to kick a round ball into a 24' x 8' net with one guy standing in front of it.  YAWN.  A few of teh payers have some skill but it is basically glorified kickball.

Skills required:

running
kicking a round ball
running the other direction

Wow that is so exciting
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 06:44:18 pm »
what a sad story.. I hate these types of plane crash kills entire soccer team stories

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadly-plane-crash-colombia-kills-slideshow-wp-132447943.html

At least it did not involve athletes.
FUKIT

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »

really bringing it with the peace and harmony
slack

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2016, 11:58:38 am »

really bringing it with the peace and harmony

I guess the humor went far over your head!
FUKIT

betao

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2016, 01:30:51 pm »

Rules the world of boring ass sports.  89 minutes of watching guys kick a ball half way down a field and then someone kicking it back the other direction.  Then maybe 2 minutes of actual play when you try to kick a round ball into a 24' x 8' net with one guy standing in front of it.  YAWN.  A few of teh payers have some skill but it is basically glorified kickball.

Skills required:

running
kicking a round ball
running the other direction

Wow that is so exciting

Still infinitely more exciting than football, baseball, and (usually) basketball.