Author Topic: The Golden Globes  (Read 29224 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Golden Globes
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:21 am »
waldorf has always played second fiddle to statler:

<sig>

wml7

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 11:29:59 am »
I bought a car in Waldorf.

If you'd like the make, model, year, color, mileage, license plate number, and list of cd's currently in the car, pm ggw.

you have cd's in the car?  thought it was 8 track  ;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:32 am »
My ex aunt in-law took Benji and Joel to see Sheer Madness at the Kennedy Center when they were in high school.

James Ford

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:33 am »
I was referring to the car my wife gets to "drive". While she's working from home all day.

The car I drive indeed does not have a cd player. Rather, cassettes. Not 8-tracks.  ;D

I bought a car in Waldorf.

If you'd like the make, model, year, color, mileage, license plate number, and list of cd's currently in the car, pm ggw.

you have cd's in the car?  thought it was 8 track  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:48 am »
My ex aunt in-law took Benji and Joel to see Sheer Madness at the Kennedy Center when they were in high school.

i've seen shear madness like five times.  one time i was in the front row, and during the break some of the cast were talking to my partner and i, and they all were glowing that people had come all the way from the shenandoah valley to see them.  they smiled at us the rest of the show.  true story.

Yada

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 11:36:14 am »

i've seen shear madness like five times.  one time i was in the front row, and during the break some of the cast were talking to my partner and i, and they all were glowing that people had come all the way from the shenandoah valley to see them.  they smiled at us the rest of the show.  true story.

illegal use of the word partner!

Confession: I took my partner to see Jersey Boys two weeks ago. Decent.

James Ford

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41:04 am »
I too was wondering what an "ex-aunt in law" is.

While I wouldn't call it illegal, I would call it confusing. Certainly there must be a better term? Wouldn't you just say "my ex wife's aunt"?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 11:57:45 am »
using "partner" has rules?

chaz

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »
Sure that works too.

I was gifted tix to Sheer Madness once.  Horrible.

I too was wondering what an "ex-aunt in law" is.

While I wouldn't call it illegal, I would call it confusing. Certainly there must be a better term? Wouldn't you just say "my ex wife's aunt"?

wml7

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »
joshy you said you know who James Ford is, how about me?  ;D

i'm not tipping my cards on everybody.  let's just say that i know who a lot of the regular posters here are.

yeah, one of these days I'll introduce myself to someone  ;D

killsaly

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
using "partner" has rules?

Yeah and why?  I refer to my significant other as my "partner" instead of "girlfriend" or "person i am shacking up with". It implies a sense of equality in a relationship.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:51 pm »
I grew up in Waldorf.  Good times.

chaz

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 02:24:31 pm »
Do any straight people refer to their s.o. as their partner?

killsaly

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »
Yes, as I stated in my previous post.

James Ford

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 02:26:31 pm »
yes, but i fail to see how calling your s.o. your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband conveys a sense of inequality, as the previous poster seems to imply.

Do any straight people refer to their s.o. as their partner?