Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1298255 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2640 on: July 18, 2017, 12:22:14 pm »
Gorillaz was a fun show.
I am more casual fan, so would've enjoyed a few additional "hits."
I don't think it was sold out but seemed jam-packed regardless.
Got a sweaty hi-five from Damon when he was on his way through the crowd.

Kemosabe

« Reply #2641 on: July 19, 2017, 12:11:41 pm »
Gorillaz was a fun show.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2017/merriweather-post-pavilion-columbia-md-1be44178.html

What "hit" was the set missing other than Feel Good Inc? 

Relaxer

« Reply #2642 on: July 24, 2017, 11:11:17 am »
Ride last night was killer. I was worried about how they'd sound, since I've never heard a loud band at 6th and I, plus the openers sounded awful. But man, that was perfect.
oword

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2643 on: July 24, 2017, 12:41:17 pm »
Gorillaz was a fun show.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2017/merriweather-post-pavilion-columbia-md-1be44178.html

What "hit" was the set missing other than Feel Good Inc?

you're right, apologies for the plurals.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2644 on: July 24, 2017, 04:09:32 pm »
Ride last night was killer. I was worried about how they'd sound, since I've never heard a loud band at 6th and I, plus the openers sounded awful. But man, that was perfect.

Loved the show. Philly was really great as well. I'm so glad that they came back. Thought the new material fits beautifully with the old. I think the DC setlist was a tad better. But both were 2 of the more interesting sets of the US tour.

hutch

« Reply #2645 on: July 26, 2017, 12:46:56 pm »
Thank you Dottheeyes for the ticket! That was huge!

I thought the sound at sixth and I was not nearly as good as at their 930 show (the drums did not sound good to me).. now I was a bit to the side so who knows..maybe if i'd gotten there early and been more in the middle but I'm skeptical...you can't compare the sound for a rock club at a synagogue to the 930 club which was designed specifically to have great sound for rock shows..

the set list had 8 songs from the new album so bout half the show...i get it.. they are promoting the new album..touring the new album..but 8 songs? that seemed excessive to me.. way excessive...only 2 songs from going blank again???

after the show- as they promised- they signed stuff and met people by the merch stand which was a really cool thing to do.. more bands should do that....nothing memorable in my conversation..other than lol the drummer dude being really surprised by my 930 set list from two years ago including Chrome Waves from Going Blank Again...they're nice guys... I can't help feeling this is the last time they will come to the US.. glad I got to see it....

bearman🐻

« Reply #2646 on: July 26, 2017, 03:27:53 pm »
I can't help feeling this is the last time they will come to the US.. glad I got to see it....

Well, they are coming back in September to do West Coast dates...you mean last time that they'll tour here period? I dunno. Seems like they are getting along better as a band and they seemed pretty happy. What makes you say that?

heff

« Reply #2647 on: July 27, 2017, 09:41:36 am »
I thought the sound at sixth and I was not nearly as good as at their 930 show (the drums did not sound good to me).. now I was a bit to the side so who knows..maybe if i'd gotten there early and been more in the middle but I'm skeptical...you can't compare the sound for a rock club at a synagogue to the 930 club which was designed specifically to have great sound for rock shows..

the set list had 8 songs from the new album so bout half the show...i get it.. they are promoting the new album..touring the new album..but 8 songs? that seemed excessive to me.. way excessive...only 2 songs from going blank again???

after the show- as they promised- they signed stuff and met people by the merch stand which was a really cool thing to do.. more bands should do that....nothing memorable in my conversation..other than lol the drummer dude being really surprised by my 930 set list from two years ago including Chrome Waves from Going Blank Again...they're nice guys... I can't help feeling this is the last time they will come to the US.. glad I got to see it....

I was in the center and I thought that the sound was as good as the 930 show two years ago.  As for the new songs, I like it when bands play most of their new album, shows they're proud of their work.  It's very likely they won't play most of those songs live again.  Yeah, I would have liked to hear "Drive Blind" but I heard it last time.  "Cali" and "Seagull" were awesome and while "Leave Them All Behind" sort of stumbled in the beginning, it improved quickly and was a great way to end the main set.  The meet and greet was more relaxed than some of the other ones I've been to and Lol had something to say to everyone.  A great show in a year that started off kind of slow for me but has really picked up.

hutch

« Reply #2648 on: July 27, 2017, 10:16:46 am »
I can't help feeling this is the last time they will come to the US.. glad I got to see it....

Well, they are coming back in September to do West Coast dates...you mean last time that they'll tour here period? I dunno. Seems like they are getting along better as a band and they seemed pretty happy. What makes you say that?

demand isn't there

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2649 on: July 27, 2017, 10:20:33 am »
Ben Gibbard
Good show. Played one of the Teenage Fanclub songs, so that was special (to me).
I don't like Lincoln GA shows, but was able to sit in front row even though was maybe the 300th person in.

« Reply #2650 on: July 27, 2017, 10:23:12 am »
^benefits of going to shows solo
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2651 on: July 27, 2017, 10:38:53 am »
^benefits of going to shows solo

True, I saw spoon from front row solo there in this same fashion. BUT, there were 3 front row seats still when I got there for Gibbard.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:41:36 am by challenged »

Kemosabe

« Reply #2652 on: July 27, 2017, 11:02:41 am »
I thought the sound for Ride at the 930 Club was terrible with way too much bass.  It was one of the worst sounding shows I have ever experienced at the venue.   I was not the only one with this opinion, Vas also posted a similar sentiment.  I cant believe people ranked it so high on their best sounding shows at the Club list.  I was not a fan of the band when I went to the show (still am not), so maybe fandom of the band colored some peoples' opinions on how it sounded. 

hutch

« Reply #2653 on: July 27, 2017, 11:13:54 am »
Or maybe you are a MORON..yeah that is it

Kemosabe

« Reply #2654 on: July 27, 2017, 11:21:56 am »
Maybe you are an idiot.  Maybe you had too much alcohol that night.  Maybe you are a fanboy.