Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1291403 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3075 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:35 am »
Say what you will about them, but U2 was fun.
The way they set up for and don't over-pack GA, you can kind of roam the floor and get good vantage points throughout the show as they move between and stages. For most of the show, I was closer than I probably could have gotten at a club-show. I would not have enjoyed nearly as much from the seats.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3076 on: June 19, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »
U2 puts on a HELL of SHOW!  Seen them multiple times.  They are the last of the true rock gods still proving age does not matter.  People who hate them, hate lots of stuff.  No one, cares, what they hate.  We just go and enjoy ourselves, and feel lucky to have the time, money, and freedom, to do what we want.

the, end.

hutch

« Reply #3077 on: June 19, 2018, 06:45:56 pm »
I don’t hate them....,stadium shows are just not my bag

Back in 85 I was into them...achtung baby zoo ropa and pop are great....

Bono is sometimes insufferable and the Edge has gotten more mileage out of a trick/Schtick he copped from the guy who was in Siouxsie than should be legal

If I hear with or without you or I still haven’t found what i’m Looking for I may blow my brains out....horrible songs
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:14:16 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #3078 on: June 19, 2018, 08:29:34 pm »
If this U2 talk doesn't bring Ratbastard back from the grave, nothing will.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3079 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:00 pm »
U2 puts on a HELL of SHOW!  Seen them multiple times.  They are the last of the true rock gods still proving age does not matter.  People who hate them, hate lots of stuff.  No one, cares, what they hate.  We just go and enjoy ourselves, and feel lucky to have the time, money, and freedom, to do what we want.

the, end.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Post-Show Banter post.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3080 on: June 19, 2018, 09:11:59 pm »
If this U2 talk doesn't bring Ratbastard back from the grave, nothing will.
He’s banned.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3081 on: June 20, 2018, 12:23:59 pm »
Agree...U2 GA's were great and they were on the lower end of the pricing spectrum...I think $85 (compared to $$hundreds for some lower bowl seats.  As was stated, GA was not packed, and I was able to roam to the different stages and be on the rail or close for most of the show.

Say what you will about them, but U2 was fun.
The way they set up for and don't over-pack GA, you can kind of roam the floor and get good vantage points throughout the show as they move between and stages. For most of the show, I was closer than I probably could have gotten at a club-show. I would not have enjoyed nearly as much from the seats.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3082 on: June 20, 2018, 09:17:34 pm »
U2 puts on a HELL of SHOW!  Seen them multiple times.  They are the last of the true rock gods still proving age does not matter. 

Nor talent, for that matter.

Space Freely

« Reply #3083 on: June 23, 2018, 11:30:46 am »
Cleaning the house, awaiting the arrival of four kids who will no doubt trash it. How were the Dr. Dog and Feelies shows i missed last night?

bearman🐻

« Reply #3084 on: June 24, 2018, 09:23:11 am »
Cleaning the house, awaiting the arrival of four kids who will no doubt trash it. How were the Dr. Dog and Feelies shows i missed last night?

I thought the Feelies were great. I asked them to play "For Awhile" (which they haven't played in some time) and they did, so I was pleased about that. They didn't play "Slipping (Into Something)", which is really odd because they've been putting that in the encore lately. As much as I enjoy the last LP, it would be cool if they did a couple less songs from that and did some older songs...but again, you can't have everything. Performance-wise it was great. Glen seemed frustrated when he was having some issues with his guitar. They only perform with their own gear, which is why they don't really tour. Everything has to be transported and fit in their van. That being said, my favorite show this year was night 2 at Rough Trade, then the 9:30 Club, then World Cafe Live.

As an aside, I thought Flasher was great last night at the Black Cat. Cute that their families showed up to support them too. I bet they'll be on the main stage before the year is over. They perform really well together, and I enjoy that all 3 of them sing together. I'm not sure that I've seen many (any?) bands that use vocals that way, and it's a great idea. It's like the 3 of them singing together become a new instrument. I love that.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3085 on: June 24, 2018, 12:54:56 pm »
Good that Flasher are getting big...I saw them couple years ago (with Sneaks and Gauche) and thought they had great potential. Next thing you know they’re signed with Domino! New album is indeed great.

That’s a good double bill too with Dehd! Hope u guys caught them.

(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3086 on: June 24, 2018, 03:50:33 pm »
Really enjoyed The Feelies show.  1st time seeing them since the 80's.  Good mix of new and old with covers thrown in during their 4 encores.  3 hours of solid music for $25.  Well worth it.

« Reply #3087 on: June 24, 2018, 10:32:53 pm »
I thought the feelies show was stellar
I know just a smattering of their material and first time seeing them
just loved the sound and the show

they have a this odd ability to time travel with a sound that is from the past, the mid-past and the present...but then just make it sound timeless at the same time
slack

Yada

« Reply #3088 on: June 25, 2018, 08:49:21 am »

they have a this odd ability to time travel with a sound that is from the past, the mid-past and the present...but then just make it sound timeless at the same time

Bong... dude.

Herbie Hancock was fiyah.

hutch

« Reply #3089 on: June 25, 2018, 09:10:26 am »
Pineapple