Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1290277 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3105 on: June 25, 2018, 03:04:31 pm »
thanks for the critique.
You're welcome. :)
LVMH

Bagley

« Reply #3106 on: June 25, 2018, 04:18:29 pm »
Solid Feelies performance Friday night despite the conspicuous absence of Slipping in to Something :(.  I never appreciated Stan and Dave's work on drums and percussion as much as I did at that show.  They are a significant driving force in the band, as evidenced by the second set closer- Crazy Rhythms.  They nailed it!  Overall, it wasn't as fun as their last show at the club but very enjoyable.

ananas

« Reply #3107 on: June 25, 2018, 05:20:46 pm »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3108 on: June 25, 2018, 05:43:14 pm »
Wait.  Did you just reply to your own reply with a giphy?
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #3109 on: July 02, 2018, 01:19:47 pm »
2 great shows this weekend...Pretenders at Fillmore, and then Pylon Reenactment Society at Comet Ping Pong. I'd have to say the Pylon show wins out simply because there's nothing like watching Knife Wife dance on stage like maniacs to "Italian Movie Theme". Incredible band, and there was a lot of love and positive energy in that room. It was great meeting jeffml too! It was a cool audience of die-hard fans...not sold out, but the people that showed up were enthusiastic. Vanessa is one of the sweetest souls I think I've ever met. I'd say Pylon is probably one of the most underrated bands of all time. By contrast, Chrissie Hynde is still tough-as-nails, pissed off, anti-phone (and I actually appreciate that) but quite the icon and it's hard not to love her for being unapologetic because I do think she's still authentic. Plus, when she's digging out stuff like "Bad Boys Get Spanked", "Tattooed Love Boys" and "Precious", I'm ecstatic. And Martin Chambers still has it. What a powerhouse drummer.

hutch

« Reply #3110 on: July 02, 2018, 01:23:36 pm »
Pretenders were great....had never heard a performer say cunt at a concert

Venue was so packed though

bearman🐻

« Reply #3111 on: July 02, 2018, 02:09:30 pm »
Pretenders were great....had never heard a performer say cunt at a concert

Venue was so packed though

Ridiculously packed. And a stinky crowd. Sweaty, belching, and just overall gross. I had to shower when I got home. Chrissie is like a punk rock Mommie Dearest. Even though she's a vegetarian and Joan Crawford liked her steak, RARE. (And for those of you who have never seen Mommie Dearest, for the love of God you need to.)

hutch

« Reply #3112 on: July 02, 2018, 02:27:00 pm »
Yup crowd was unbearable...I had to give up my section after 12 songs cause I was about to deck someone

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3113 on: July 02, 2018, 03:07:13 pm »
Loved the Pylon Reenactment Society show.  It was a thrill to see those songs I loved for so many years sung live by Vanessa.  Backup band was  on point in playing the songs and sounded great.  Great meeting Bearman as well!

Bagley

« Reply #3114 on: July 02, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »
Yup crowd was unbearable...I had to give up my section after 12 songs cause I was about to deck someone

Just to lend some context----Pretenders have been opening on tour for Journey and Def Leppard

heff

« Reply #3115 on: July 03, 2018, 10:16:31 am »
I saw PRS at Iota a couple of years ago and I thought it was the show of the year.  That was without Damon Denton.  Seeing them last Saturday with Denton - they topped themselves.  Great, great show!

« Reply #3116 on: July 06, 2018, 11:59:50 am »
David Brooks was excellent, could easily take up a career in comedy
I think the crowd wanted something from "no fences". But we got nothing of the sort
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3117 on: July 08, 2018, 03:35:52 pm »
I'm not sure if this story belongs in the Trump thread, the Onion thread, the baseball thread, or here.

Former Trump lawyer Ty Cobb rocks out at the punk show of a band called Copstabber

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/07/08/former-trump-lawyer-ty-cobb-rocks-out-at-the-punk-show-of-a-band-called-copstabber/?utm_term=.d5591e3ecc5c

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3118 on: July 08, 2018, 10:18:49 pm »
the last show I went to, I noticed something for the first time . . . and it goes, fine, with previous posts.  men, are gross.  good lord . . . who goes to a show where your ass just smells; smells through your pants and out your upper back for the world to gag on?  And farting.  You can't be a man, and hold that shit (wrong word?) till you get outside?  I do.  Because, I care.  And it feels fucking phenomenal walking back to the car, as a human fart machine because you have been holding it in for so long.  Yeah, buddy; take that.  And, body odor.  Really, queen?  I'm not talking about that sweat funk, from shaking your body for too damn long in a hot packed club, which on some guys, is fucking hot; I'm talking about that, you didn't fucking shower since gods knows when, before you went out in public . . . to a show, no less.

who, does that.  men, straight men . . . do that.  why, do gay guys, obsess over them, so?

hutch

« Reply #3119 on: July 09, 2018, 09:10:09 am »
Yeesh