Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1293733 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3255 on: September 26, 2018, 04:49:04 pm »
I know, this is late . . . BUT DINOSAUR RULED.  FUCKING, RULED.  I, mean, come on . . . a new guitar each song.  j playing bass for like the first time, I have ever seen live.  opening with thumb!!!  new songs, old songs.  young people, old people.  and I now love the black cat.  I got right there at 10, sat in a huge line for ever.  thought I would be in the back, due to size of line, but got in easy, got to the bar easy, got to a great spot easy.  and pizza by the slice truck after the show.  plus I enjoyed the people, directly behind me, who said fuck it . . . we smoking some hella weed, the second j started "feel the pain." it, was perfect.

meatball'd

hutch

« Reply #3256 on: September 26, 2018, 05:51:54 pm »
We been waitin

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3257 on: September 26, 2018, 07:20:02 pm »
Great John Vanderslice show at a house in Roland Park, Baltimore. Funny, weird, compelling performance. I highly recommend these house shows.

Also, he echoed Bagley's recommendation of NoName.

hutch

« Reply #3258 on: September 26, 2018, 07:35:14 pm »
Good good...what about mussels

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3259 on: September 27, 2018, 10:34:05 am »

« Reply #3260 on: September 27, 2018, 10:58:58 am »

??
I think walkie was going to get food before the show and said something about mussels
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #3261 on: September 27, 2018, 11:11:45 am »
Saw Face to Face do an acoustic show at City Winery last night. Great sound, cool venue, but the area seems to be a little...edgy. That being said, I would consider going back there. Has anyone seen a show there before? That was my first time. A bit disappointing on the attendance, but the band put on a spirited and fun show.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3262 on: September 27, 2018, 11:17:05 am »

??
I think walkie was going to get food before the show and said something about mussels

I assumed that is what you were referring to, but wanted to wait to respond.  The place, St Arnolds, the one next to The Palm.  To die for, hole in the wall.  Rodenbach Grand Cru on tap.  We had Italian mussels with sausage and peppers and mussels cooked in the Rodenbach.  YASSSS GAWD!  The best onion rings I have ever had!!!  I love this place and will go here every,time I am in DC.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3263 on: September 27, 2018, 11:18:27 am »
Saw Face to Face do an acoustic show at City Winery last night. Great sound, cool venue, but the area seems to be a little...edgy. That being said, I would consider going back there. Has anyone seen a show there before? That was my first time. A bit disappointing on the attendance, but the band put on a spirited and fun show.

I wanted to go see j there, but was told never go anywhere near Gallaudet after dark.

hutch

« Reply #3264 on: September 27, 2018, 12:09:19 pm »
Thanks for the hot tip...m u s t go! Love mussels

« Reply #3265 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:30 pm »
Thanks for the hot tip...m u s t go! Love mussels
just saw they have one up in cleavland park right down the street from work
will have to do the happy hour there soon
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #3266 on: September 27, 2018, 12:59:40 pm »

I wanted to go see j there, but was told never go anywhere near Gallaudet after dark.

No gonna lie. It felt a bit sketchy.

hutch

« Reply #3267 on: September 27, 2018, 02:10:58 pm »
Sketch has its pluses

Yada

« Reply #3268 on: September 27, 2018, 02:44:36 pm »
Well,  I guess walky was the guy farting alllllll through the show the other night.

hutch

« Reply #3269 on: September 27, 2018, 02:51:16 pm »
God I hate people who do that? Lately it’s like every show