Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1299339 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3570 on: September 23, 2019, 11:59:13 am »

]

No problem, I won't send my family to a show with you.

Have you ever been the parent of tweens or teens? Unless it's sitting on the couch playing with their phone or being bought new clothing items or gimmicky junk food, they're going to likely complain about family activities.

I have 4 teenagers. I know how that works.

When you do leave your kids at home, do they text you or your partner, begging you to come home immediately, in the middle of the outing?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3571 on: September 23, 2019, 12:11:17 pm »
Nope. Not unless theres an emergency.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3572 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:59 pm »
Was this a general admission seated show and therefor first in meant front row seats? What would be the reasoning for camping out in line to be the first to get into a general admission standing show?

yes, that it exactly the point... if you like a band, you want to be up front, ideally on the rail.  you don't get rail by rolling in to a show 10 minutes before it starts.  especially not for a band as popular as "Bastille" (i have no idea who they are or what they sound like, but a quick check of the googles seem to confirm their popularity).

lemme know if there's anything else you need help with  ;D
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3573 on: September 23, 2019, 01:19:49 pm »
Was this a general admission seated show and therefor first in meant front row seats? What would be the reasoning for camping out in line to be the first to get into a general admission standing show?

yes, that it exactly the point... if you like a band, you want to be up front, ideally on the rail.  you don't get rail by rolling in to a show 10 minutes before it starts.  especially not for a band as popular as "Bastille" (i have no idea who they are or what they sound like, but a quick check of the googles seem to confirm their popularity).

Who knew? I though the best way of getting up front was the wear a baseball hat and have two cups of not cheap cheap beer in one hand and use the other arm to aggressively elbow people out of the way. Maybe that's not how it's done at a Bastille show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3574 on: September 23, 2019, 01:27:02 pm »

Who knew? I though the best way of getting up front was the wear a baseball hat and have two cups of not cheap cheap beer in one hand and use the other arm to aggressively elbow people out of the way. Maybe that's not how it's done at a Bastille show.
Bastille are clearly French. You need to substitute the baseball hat for a fencing mask.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3575 on: September 23, 2019, 01:37:53 pm »

Bastille are clearly French. You need to substitute the baseball hat for a fencing mask.

I have to say, Julian is on fire today as well.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3576 on: September 23, 2019, 01:40:59 pm »
20 years ago I've called in sick (night shift job) so I could be as close to the front as possible at numerous GA standing shows (PJ  Harvey, Bjork, Portishead...)

Nowadays,..I normally skip the opener(s).

(_|_)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3577 on: September 23, 2019, 04:34:30 pm »
20 years ago I've called in sick (night shift job) so I could be as close to the front as possible at numerous GA standing shows (PJ  Harvey, Bjork, Portishead...)

Nowadays,..I normally skip the opener(s).

Used to do the same. Now I hang out in the back of all the shows I go to where I don't have a seat. Closer to the bathroom/bar and no stress about getting in line early. Works just fine for me these days.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3578 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:33 pm »
I like to be reasonably towards the front, preferably over to the side so that I have a wall or a bar or a pillar against which to lean. Old. Tired knees and back, etc.

Bagley

« Reply #3579 on: September 24, 2019, 09:58:02 am »
I like to be reasonably towards the front, preferably over to the side so that I have a wall or a bar or a pillar against which to lean. Old. Tired knees and back, etc.

When we're at the same shows, I typically stalk Challenged and lean on him for support.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3580 on: September 24, 2019, 12:55:41 pm »

When we're at the same shows, I typically stalk Challenged and lean on him for support.

Which is why my back always hurts so much!  You are gigantic.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3581 on: September 24, 2019, 08:37:04 pm »
From the Heads Up: Massive Attack email:

" Arrive Early! Doors open at 6:30pm. A sold out show at The Anthem means a lot of people, and it takes a bit of time to get everyone in the doors. Massive Attack will hit the stage at 8:00pm sharp! Please plan ahead so you don’t miss anything! "

Suppose they meant Central Time?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3582 on: September 24, 2019, 09:01:15 pm »
9:01

Space Freely

« Reply #3583 on: September 24, 2019, 09:09:58 pm »
From the Heads Up: Massive Attack email:

" Arrive Early! Doors open at 6:30pm. A sold out show at The Anthem means a lot of people, and it takes a bit of time to get everyone in the doors. Massive Attack will hit the stage at 8:00pm sharp! Please plan ahead so you don’t miss anything! "

Suppose they meant Central Time?

Pre-show banter.

hutch

« Reply #3584 on: September 24, 2019, 09:56:53 pm »
I am the only person not at massive attack

Ggggrrrrrrrr

When did they go on and how were lines/doors?

I had a ticket for ma but had to stay home so my partner could go to Lucinda Williams at Strathmore...payback for the time I hung out with Lu and my pleated pants in Baltimore

Kill me

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:00:20 pm by hutch »