Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269190 times)

K8teebug

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3555 on: September 18, 2019, 11:38:24 am »
OMD was great last night. Their voices have not aged at all. Always impressed with their shows.

Berlin was pretty good too.

B52's were meh, not impressed. Kate looked miserable to be there. Several times her and Cindy were off key; Fred was pretty flat.

I was happy to hear some of my favorite B52's songs live and dance like a silly person :) But, I agree with your review. And Fred disappeared for like 1/2 of it. Maybe I should have seen them 25 years ago...

Super impressed by OMD.

hutch

« Reply #3556 on: September 19, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »
Lily1’s brief review is so on point

OMD just amazes me....the vocals are great

Yada

« Reply #3557 on: September 22, 2019, 10:10:06 pm »
Jr. Marvin was an awesome way to end The Reach Festival. What a great evening...

I had no idea though that the "legendary wailers" were different from "the wailers."

Space Freely

« Reply #3558 on: September 23, 2019, 08:55:14 am »
The Fela! the Concert show was also awesome!

Sitting on boxes without seatbacks was a pain on my bad back, but I managed.

My wife fell asleep but enjoyed the show very much when she was awake.

My 12 year old was pissed we didn't let her use her ear buds (and listen to other music) during the concert and was ready to leave halfway though the concert (and made that point know every five or ten minutes), after she finished pounding the junk food from the food truck.

K8teebug

« Reply #3559 on: September 23, 2019, 09:03:46 am »
Nick Cave is the best. There's no one else like him. What an amazing night.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3560 on: September 23, 2019, 09:15:49 am »
Last week wrap-up:

Thursday - Craig Finn house show was great, full band show in a small living room, and post-show hang with band-members.
Saturday - Hampdenfest was cool, first time for me. Enjoyed small parts of the sets from Danny Laj & the Looks, PLRLS, and others, and saw the whole Outer Spaces set - looking forward to seeing a full show by them at some point.
Sunday - Christone Kingfish Ingram at 8x10 was really fun. Such a talented kid. Openers The Cerny Brothers were interesting too. First time at the 8x10 which usually seems to only present grateful dead/jammers.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3561 on: September 23, 2019, 09:22:20 am »
Pop Will Eat Itself and Chemlab both exceeded expectations.
Ride met them...all 3 bands sounded so good. Both PWEI and Chemlab were better than when I saw them 25 years ago.

hemisphire

« Reply #3562 on: September 23, 2019, 09:23:56 am »

My 12 year old was pissed we didn't let her use her ear buds (and listen to other music) during the concert and was ready to leave halfway though the concert (and made that point know every five or ten minutes), after she finished pounding the junk food from the food truck.

My 8 year old had a blast building a fort with those boxes during their hour long soundcheck.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3563 on: September 23, 2019, 10:12:57 am »

FFS man, stop dragging your family to concerts! They clearly hate it and are trying to tell you so. Let go of your delusions!

Space Freely

« Reply #3564 on: September 23, 2019, 10:29:04 am »

FFS man, stop dragging your family to concerts! They clearly hate it and are trying to tell you so. Let go of your delusions!

I think you missed the part about my wife enjoying the show very much; she is the one who picked the show. And as far as my daughter goes, she's part of the family, so going on family outings is one of her few responsibilities in an otherwise pampered life.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3565 on: September 23, 2019, 10:51:01 am »
Yeah no. Falling asleep and complaining the whole time disqualifies you from seeing a show with me. Dont waste my time or money.

Space Freely

« Reply #3566 on: September 23, 2019, 10:58:49 am »
Yeah no. Falling asleep and complaining the whole time disqualifies you from seeing a show with me. Dont waste my time or money.

No problem, I won't send my family to a show with you.

Have you ever been the parent of tweens or teens? Unless it's sitting on the couch playing with their phone or being bought new clothing items or gimmicky junk food, they're going to likely complain about family activities.

Space Freely

« Reply #3567 on: September 23, 2019, 11:16:01 am »
We didn't go to this show, but we were at the Wharf at about 3pm on Saturday and there were a ton of young people in line to get into a show by a band called "Bastille."

Was this a general admission seated show and therefor first in meant front row seats? What would be the reasoning for camping out in line to be the first to get into a general admission standing show?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3568 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:29 am »

]

No problem, I won't send my family to a show with you.

Have you ever been the parent of tweens or teens? Unless it's sitting on the couch playing with their phone or being bought new clothing items or gimmicky junk food, they're going to likely complain about family activities.

I have 4 teenagers. I know how that works.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3569 on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:15 am »
Running on 2.5 hours of sleep at work after catching Van Hunt's last show of the tour in Philly, definitely worth the drive, he's supposed to be putting a touring band together so we'll see how that changes the live dynamic versus him performing solo.