Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1294627 times)

vansmack

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3630 on: October 03, 2019, 05:27:51 pm »
Did you have Tecate at the wine bar?

Don't be ridiculous.  A bottle of Sangiovese from Tuscany, of course...
27>34

Yada

« Reply #3631 on: October 05, 2019, 10:55:26 am »
Did you have Tecate at the wine bar?

Don't be ridiculous.  A bottle of Sangiovese from Tuscany, of course...

Built to Spill were awesome as usual.

A few random things... in 25 years of show going, it was the first time I've ever been cold at a show. I was literally directly under the massive AC vent and had no where to move due to a packed out. Froze my nuts off.

Also, The Satellite Room was hosting some virgin video game night and had music absolutely blasting. I hopped in there between Love as Laughter and Built to Spill. The music was so loud that during Built to Spill's set you could hear bass coming through the walls of the club, pretty annoying.  Hey Seth...

hutch

« Reply #3632 on: October 05, 2019, 12:24:08 pm »
copy paste to Hey Seth thread or email 930....

Space Freely

« Reply #3633 on: October 07, 2019, 08:18:20 am »
Beers and bites before the show...check
Pre-show boardie meetup which I enjoyed...check
Not sold out on a Saturday night...check
Mellow crowd who were actually pleasant and polite...check
Great show by Luna...check
Home by 9:45pm...check

Can we get an annual early show on a Saturday in October? I hope the not sold out factor doesn't banish them to playing the Black Cat. If Jonathan Richman can continue to get booked once a year, so should Luna.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3634 on: October 07, 2019, 10:16:42 am »
Absolutely loved the Luna show. Great Boardie turnout! Saw Bagley and Sidehatch, and Hutch was heading to the bar before I could say hi. I heard Space was there too. Thought it was a fantastic audience, great performance. I'm just bummed about the 90-minute time limit because I had asked for "Blue Thunder", the Galaxie 500 song, and it was on the setlist but they had to skip it.

Yada

« Reply #3635 on: October 07, 2019, 11:39:19 am »
Good seeing you fellow boardies.

I highly approved of the early show time and hope for more in the future.

I personally thought the show was just ok... not bad, but a pretty much "going through the motions" type of show.

hutch

« Reply #3636 on: October 07, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »
I so enjoyed Luna....Britta’s backing vocals were too loud though

For $25 90 minutes was fine but show seemed rushed... I hate hate hate early shows...

For me show had an air of finality...I doubt they will be back to 930 and I just think they have nothin left...it’s just repeating themselves

Maybe I want to find something newer, with more energy...I am just going to too many has been shows...Wilco next week

Crowd was decent size but this with the enticement of Penthouse

Yada

« Reply #3637 on: October 07, 2019, 04:29:29 pm »

For $25 90 minutes was fine but show seemed rushed... I hate hate hate early shows...

For me show had an air of finality...I doubt they will be back to 930 and I just think they have nothin left...it’s just repeating themselves

Maybe I want to find something newer, with more energy...I am just going to too many has been shows...Wilco next week

Couldn't agree more... I can't even make myself think I want to go to that Wilco show, what a complete snooze fest that new release is and the last song I need to hear is California Stars.

You were missed at the pre show board meeting.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3638 on: October 07, 2019, 06:17:12 pm »

Couldn't agree more... I can't even make myself think I want to go to that Wilco show, what a complete snooze fest that new release is and the last song I need to hear is California Stars.

rumor has it that they'll be playing Heavy Metal Drummer on this tour, not to be missed!!!
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #3639 on: October 07, 2019, 06:32:13 pm »
Loved the Luna show.  I thought they were in a nice groove their entire set.  Penthouse is such a great record.  It was the best Luna show I've seen since they resurfaced in 2015.  Dean's guitar playing shimmered.   Justin often had a brush in one hand and stick in the other.  The sound overall was great, though I do agree with Hutch - Britta's vocals were up too high.  Highlight for me was a blissful "Hedgehog".  As far as the set length goes- 17 songs seems to be about the average on this tour (some venues got 15, so I can't complain).

Always a pleasure running across Hutch and Bearman.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3640 on: October 08, 2019, 07:40:35 am »
Sturgill Simpson and Co were great last night, played just a little over 2 hours (first hour was the new album in it's entirely and last hour was all older material), I was surprised as to how low key it was onstage (lights were static, no guitar switching out every song..actually he played the same guitar the entire show, etc), their performance more than made up for that boring ass show they did at Constitution Hall a few years back.  By the way was anyone up front to see why one of his doofy crew guys came barreling onstage to confront someone in the front until Sturgill told him to back off?  I'm assuming it was just for taking pictures but just curious.

Yada

« Reply #3641 on: October 08, 2019, 09:09:13 am »
Sturgill Simpson and Co were great last night, played just a little over 2 hours (first hour was the new album in it's entirely and last hour was all older material), I was surprised as to how low key it was onstage (lights were static, no guitar switching out every song..actually he played the same guitar the entire show, etc), their performance more than made up for that boring ass show they did at Constitution Hall a few years back.  By the way was anyone up front to see why one of his doofy crew guys came barreling onstage to confront someone in the front until Sturgill told him to back off?  I'm assuming it was just for taking pictures but just curious.

Unbelievable show... Those guys are a helluva band, wow. Couldn't have been more happy with the set/crowd/etc.

I was fairly close and actually thought he was doing something with the drumset, but I guess I was wrong.

Pretty touching story to start the show as well by the vet.

cc: Luna/Built to spill, you guys are old and boring.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:11:40 am by Yada »

Space Freely

« Reply #3642 on: October 08, 2019, 09:37:08 am »
Loved the Luna show.  I thought they were in a nice groove their entire set.  Penthouse is such a great record.  It was the best Luna show I've seen since they resurfaced in 2015.  Dean's guitar playing shimmered.   Justin often had a brush in one hand and stick in the other.  The sound overall was great, though I do agree with Hutch - Britta's vocals were up too high.  Highlight for me was a blissful "Hedgehog".  As far as the set length goes- 17 songs seems to be about the average on this tour (some venues got 15, so I can't complain).

Always a pleasure running across Hutch and Bearman.

Who is Justin?

Space Freely

« Reply #3643 on: October 08, 2019, 09:38:10 am »

rumor has it that they'll be playing Heavy Metal Drummer on this tour, not to be missed!!!

I'll take a set full of California Stars and Heavy Metal Drummers over anything off of their last three albums.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3644 on: October 08, 2019, 09:39:17 am »

Unbelievable show... Those guys are a helluva band, wow. Couldn't have been more happy with the set/crowd/etc.

I was fairly close and actually thought he was doing something with the drumset, but I guess I was wrong.

Pretty touching story to start the show as well by the vet.

cc: Luna/Built to spill, you guys are old and boring.

Yeah at some point during the show a crew guy came out to adjust the drumset but at the very beginning (as Sturgill was tuning up before they had started playing) something happened where one of them got onstage and confronted someone in the front row and Sturgill told him to relax that they were clear (or something like that) and that there were too many cooks and went on a tangent about that before they started playing.